• Show
Clear All

Meh... hand full of those are "good". Hahaha.. -Tyler
    Chris Riehl
    Sales@spookyfinder.com
    (586)209-6935
    www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

People were laughing in the theater I was at too because the gore scenes were so over the top that it was funny. A lot of the movie was funny, but so was the Evil Dead movies. It wasn't one of those movies that takes a lot of thought. It's one of those movies that is just fun to watch. Am I the only one who was shocked that this movie didn't get an R rating? Seriously The Ring was PG-13, so how the Hell didn't this get an R rating. Most of the PG-13 movies I've seen in the past have had the camera cut away from the gore scenes and have been real pussies when it comes to scares.
      Spooky Wishes
      Noah

City Blood: Ohio, Kentucky & Indiana's #1 Haunt Site!

http://www.ohioshaunted.com

Comment

I tried again to watch Zombie's Halloween last night and I was reminded how TERRIBLE that movie was. The sheer amount of vulgarity and profanity further emphasises the overall lack of creativity from Zombie. I mean the chubby Myers kid said the "F" word every other word, then those pathetic excuses for Bullies basically only said profane words, and in what Universe would those clowns pass as bullies I found that almost comical? The back story showing Myers as a boy and getting abused by his white trash family did nothing but dissolve any mystery and intrigue for the character. He turned Myers into a run-of-the-mill serial killer like a Shawcross, or David Parker Ray and no longer the "pure and simple evil" mythical killer he was developed to be in the prior movies...

I get the feeling people cut this movie slack because it's from Rob Zombie, if it were so no-name new guy this movie would have, at best, went straight to video.

Allan

Comment

Tyler

Quote from tyler To each their own I guess... but Hitchcock movies suck too! Sam Raimi should just stick to Comic Book/Super Hero movies, he does good with those! -Tyler

COME ON! Hitchock was way ahead of the curve when it came to the technical innovations, he pioneered suspense like no one else in his time, and I guess movies like Psycho and the birds sucked according to you, only to name a few, He was also best director in like five or six movies.
          Last edited by hauntedhousenut; 05-29-2009, 08:14 PM.

Comment

The Birds? Really? Come on... I'll make a movie called "GEESE"... all about a swarm of ducks and geese who have a craving for eyeballs and flesh! Yeah right!

"MOM! Why is that swan eating daddy?"... it's stupid! -Tyler
            Chris Riehl
            Sales@spookyfinder.com
            (586)209-6935
            www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Tyler, there were movies on your list that I personally thought were s.......well, smelled like a big o' goose with mudd-butt.

Comment

I don't care, it's MY list of favorite movies! Get your own! Hahahahaha... -Tyler
                Chris Riehl
                Sales@spookyfinder.com
                (586)209-6935
                www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

We had a great time at the theater tonight! We took an animatronic skeleton pop-u prop and placed it around one of the corners of the lobby... definitely got quite a few people with it. We were also able to hand out a ton of flyers and talk to people about Blood Lake.

And the movie was really fun! I'd definitely recommend it if you're a fan of horror.

- Ryan

Blood Lake Haunted House & Haunts of Richmond Ghost Tours
                  www.bloodlakeva.com www.hauntsofrichmond.com
                  Located in Richmond, VA

Comment

Well since my business partner and I can't drag our wives to see this (they won't-looks too scary for them) we're going to see it whilte we're in Columbus next weekend for MHC.
                    Should be awesome!
                    I love the Evil Dead movies...can't wait for part 4...lol!
                    Also, the Bird's is getting remade (from the people who did TCM remake, Friday the 13th remake, and Nightmare on Elm Street remake) so Tyler will like that one...lol
                    Just teasin' my man!

Kirk
                    Kirk Boemmel
                    Dark Ghost Manor
                    www.darkghostmanor.com

sigpic

Comment

Guys,Guys!

Look I like Tyler but yall got to realize what 21 year old thought he knew the world and everything that revolves in it at his age? As far as the list yeah its his opinion and right to have what he likes.

I have noticed many, many times in his post that its just that an opinion and not what he actually knows LOL! His thinking is a cross between his own personal thoughts and those of people he likes and admires. At the end of the day most of us are scratching our heads! We all know it its been discussed in chat many, many times!

Tyler I do like ya and I think given about 6 or 7 years from now if your still with us and into this your thinking will change just as mine did or as Seans did or even some of your idols did at a young age! What you dont realize is there would be no movies if people like Hitchcock,John Carpenter, and thats just a couple did not set the stage for horror.

It still amazes me that you say you like Zombies Trailer Park Trash and hated Carpenters. I guess had John added the GD and F word 1000 times ( OH yes Allen AMEN Brother) had Jamie Lee Curtis naked and had more 10 year old kids cussing every breath then you would have loved it too! Sad, Sad, Sad! Is this way of seeing things and thinking is whats to come?

Lawd its 7:01 am Sat morning and I am still in bed I guess I am just going off here! I think at this point I better let it all go! Sorry guys for the rant. Tyler nothing personal but take some advice from a 40 year old who was once 21. You can have your opinions but trust me your still to young to know as much as you think! I am saying this as a friend and maybe this should have been under a different thread! Shane and its guys could it be PMS? Shane this time!

P.S. By the way I am going to see the movie tonight and I will fill you in on what I think about it tonight!
                      Last edited by graystone; 05-30-2009, 06:40 AM.
                      sigpic

Comment

Shane

Originally posted by graystone View Post
                        Look I like Tyler but yall got to realize what 21 year old thought he knew the world and everything that revolves in it at his age? As far as the list yeah its his opinion and right to have what he likes.

I have noticed many, many times in his post that its just that an opinion and not what he actually knows LOL! His thinking is a cross between his own personal thoughts and those of people he likes and admires. At the end of the day most of us are scratching our heads! We all know it its been discussed in chat many, many times!

Tyler I do like ya and I think given about 6 or 7 years from now if your still with us and into this your thinking will change just as mine did or as Seans did or even some of your idols did at a young age! What you dont realize is there would be no movies if people like Hitchcock,John Carpenter, and thats just a couple did not set the stage for horror.

It still amazes me that you say you like Zombies Trailer Park Trash and hated Carpenters. I guess had John added the GD and F word 1000 times ( OH yes Allen AMEN Brother) had Jamie Lee Curtis naked and had more 10 year old kids cussing every breath then you would have loved it too! Sad, Sad, Sad! Is this way of seeing things and thinking is whats to come?

Lawd its 7:01 am Sat morning and I am still in bed I guess I am just going off here! I think at this point I better let it all go! Sorry guys for the rant. Tyler nothing personal but take some advice from a 40 year old who was once 21. You can have your opinions but trust me your still to young to know as much as you think! I am saying this as a friend and maybe this should have been under a different thread! Shane and its guys could it be PMS? Shane this time!

P.S. By the way I am going to see the movie tonight and I will fill you in on what I think about it tonight!
                        I agree Tyler does tend emulate his Idols, I'm hoping one day he creates his own style and not words of others, afterall we love the little loveable fuzzball and many forum members are proud of his upstart with his new haunt.

Personally I think he's mastered the jedi mind trick, this youngster with no business experience(Paying the bills) has convinced an experienced business man to invest almost a million into there venture, to that I say kudos to you tyler, in fact I think you should have a Jedi mind trick seminar at an upcoming tradeshow, I'm sure shane would come on down with his homemade lightsaber begging for master tyler to show him the ways of the force!

P.s. You still don't get what Hitchock contributed Got it! and I noticed you never commented on Psycho.

Comment

The Scream Curse

Well I blame Wes Craven for all of this mess when it comes to crappy horror movies today. I refer to it as the "Scream Curse". When Scream came out in 1996 it was a different type of horror movie that catered to teens and had interesting twist and turns. It was a huge hit and movie companies knew they were on to something. Years would pass and clones of Scream would come out such as I Know What You Did Last Summer, Urban Legends and so on. But it didn't quite end there. More crappy movies would come out year after year after year until it became the formula for how most horror movies are made today.

But now we have another movie that started this evil curse back up and it's known as The Ring. When the Ring was released it was a huge hit so movie companies thought to themselves, we need to copy this formula and they did. Now we have a bunch of crappy Japanese horor movie remakes that seem to come out every year. Everytime a successful horror movie is released it's copied in so many ways by other movies that it becomes the formula of how many new horror movies are made. Thanks Wes Craven.

Now most horror movies are made to cater to a teen audience where the cast is attractive, the cinematography distracts you on how crappy the movie actually is and there is always some type of twist and turn. But the problem is that we've seen this time and time again and it just isn't scary anymore. The original Saw was good, but now the movies suck. Movies such as The Ring and The Grudge are just pathetic in my opinion. And all these horror movie remakes are not even close to the originals. When is it going to stop? As I said before I blame Wes Craven for this mess. Horror Movies will never be the same because of him.
                          Spooky Wishes
                          Noah

Comment

Saw it last night with about 10 of my crew. We were all decked out in costume etc. Was pretty dumb I thought. It had good potential, but just was not filmed or maybe edited right. Seemed to that they could not decide if they wanted to to be a comedy or a horror.
                            Oh well, gret to get the crew out and even handed out some fliers....
                            Today we start our prebuild. Going to do 100 walls!
                            www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

Comment

This is turning out to be a good discussion or the sad state of Horror today. As far as Drag me to Hell goes, I plan on seeing it Monday. In the meantime I know what to expect. I expect to see slapstick-esque comedy mixed with horror and it sounds like that's exactly what it is. The problem I see is that the previews don't present it this way at all and younger viewers unfamiliar to Evil Dead will go expecting a scary horror film and find it stupid. I am going to chalk this one up to bad marketing. The commericals for Drag me To Hell have been terrible and completly play it straight.

I find myself agreeing with Noah on his rather dead on interpretation of where horror went wrong. Scream wasn't necessarily a bad movie but what it caused in its wake is enough for me to damn it for ever being made.

That said I have enjoyed the remakes of Friday the 13th and loved My Bloody Valentine, which I always felt was an overlooked gem from the 80's. However Movies like Halloween just rub me the wrong way. H2 looks to be even worse. It looks like Zombie decided to give Jason's back story to Michael to "explain" why he kills. Why do we need an explaination? That's why Halloween was scary. I think that if Zombie had just made a direct remake of Halloween without the back story it could have been a decent horror film but he just killed the whole series and I look for H2 to be the final nail. But then again I'm not teenager so what do I know.
                              Christopher Brielmaier
                              Rogues Hollow Productions
                              www.RoguesHollow.com
                              www.myspace.com/rogueshollow
                              info@rogueshollow.com
                              PH: 614.408.3137

Other people build websites, We build Results

Comment

I actually loved the original Scream, but after everyone started to copy off of it, it really started to lose its originality. Not every horror movie that has come out since then has been horrible, but I would say that 75% of the movies that have come out since then have been crap. The reason Scream succeeded like it did was because it was more of a spoof inside a horror movie. But movie companies thought that Scream was supposed to be taken 100% seriously and it wasn't. Every new horror movie doesn't have to have a twist, good looking people and cut away scenes. That just isn't realistic.

I think Wes Craven is even to blame for the downfall of comedy movies. Scary Movie was the first type of movie making fun of other movies and it focused mostly on Scream. If Wes Craven never made Scream we wouldn't have these terrible comedies making fun of genres of movies. So thanks Wes Craven. You may have created Freddy Krueger, but you ruined 2 genres of movies when you created Scream.
                                Spooky Wishes
                                Noah

Comment

Working...
                                X