Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CFX Mask for sale! HOPEFULLY CORRECT PLACE TO ADVERTISE THIS???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CFX Mask for sale! HOPEFULLY CORRECT PLACE TO ADVERTISE THIS???

SOLD sold this
    Last edited by xxxdirk; 10-05-2009, 05:16 PM.
    www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

pics

Do you have pics?

Comment

Heres the pic. I a actually posting this for one of my actors. He says its in good shape, slight small tears by corners of the mouth...
      Attached Files

Comment

great mask

Thanks for the pic... Great mask but it just does'nt fit our theme....

Comment

Reduced to $350.00

Comment

My guy really wants to sell this mask so he asked me to post he is dropping it to $300.00. He will not go any lower than that....

Comment

Great mask at a great price.. Where are all the buyers at this year?

Comment

Pic looks good, I guess the tears are a turn off for some people? How's the paint job holding up?

Darkangel

Comment

I really like the mask but it would not work in my haunt. And yes, $300.00 is an excellent price. I would buy it if I could use it. Good luck, I am sure it will sell soon.
                  http://www.GraystoneHaunt.com

Comment

Here is aclose up of the tear. The other side of the mouth is the same, just a small tear. Great price as the rest of the mask has been taken care of better than the masks I own myself.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Any ideas from anyone on how to prevent it to tear worse?

Thanks for posting that xxxdirk.

Darkangel

Comment

A little dab of silicone should repair it fine...

Comment

The first thing to do is clean the ripped area with alcohol to remove dirt and any other contaminates. Next, use only GE silicone #1 to make the repair,dont use any other cheap silicone materials and it should be fine.

Comment

The more I think about it, that is how you repair an SPFX mask. I would call CFX and see what they recomend.

Comment

Repair a silicone Mask

I had to repair a 2" long tear in my SPFX Vampire mask, and after considering sending it in to Rusty to get repaired, I decided to give it a shot on my own. I used Silicone I (about $20 for a tube) and some power mesh strechy cloth material (about $5 for a yard) to re-inforce the area. It was actually a lot easier than I thought it would be. At first I thought I was going to have a hard time because I couldnt find a way to hold the tear shut right, but once you get some silicone on it, it gets pretty easy to work with. I turned the mask inside out, cleaned it with rubbing alcohol, spread some silicone on the inside around the tear, then layed the mesh on top of it in place. Then I added more silicone on top of the mesh and let it dry for about an hour. Then I turned the mask back and put a very thin layer of silicone on the outside of the mask, just to be sure. After it dried you couldnt even really see that there was a tear, it just looked like another vein on the face. Let it set for about 24 hours or so before putting it on or streching it to assure that it is completley dried, you dont want to have it come apart and have to do it again. It is really strong and has held up really well. I believe the CFX masks can be repaired in the same way, since they are made out of the same material.
                              The secret of life is to appreciate the pleasure of being terribly, terribly deceived.

Comment

Working...
                              X