Working alongside the REAL spooks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working alongside the REAL spooks

Just wondering, what do you think of paranormal activity within a building? I know there are some of us who do have activity within their haunts, but what do you consider the company? Do they interfere with the goings on? Do you interact with them? I know Mr. Warfield has posted a couple stories about his "guests" on here, but I'm sure it doesn’t stop there.

This question stems to ouija boards, something you mess with or stray away from?

Personally I stray away from the boards, never really heard anything good happen after they have been used and I've heard some really strange stories from my friends. As for spirits, I've never personally come in contact with any, but I wouldn't want to host a haunt or any sort of business in a building that is literally haunted. Being religious, I'll leave them alone
    - - Luke - -

Not to offend anyone and the views expressed in this post are mine alone, and do not refleect the views of HAUNTWORLD or Larry, BUT...

Weird things happen every day, such is the nature of the universe, but if you believe in paranormal phemomena, you are more likely to attribute an unusal "experience" to it. As to whether or not such an event is harmful, there is no scientific evidence to that fact.

Personally, I'd promote the "hell" out of any such occurance.

Pun intended

Ouija boards are still made by Parker Brothers (who make much more terrifying board games such as "Mystery Date!") and rely upon something called ideomotor responses, as well as outright direct manipulation. Never seen a planchette (the pointer thing) move without a person (or magnet, or a string) attached somewhere.

They are tools, like chainsaws and serial killers, that we can use to evoke STRONG responses in people.

Just my opinion, and I'll probably die from a gypsy curse!

Pulps
    ________
    vaaapp vaporizer
    Last edited by Pulpscrypt; 01-25-2011, 01:56 AM.

Comment

In my almost 20 years of being open here I have had alot of people tell me stories about scary Oui-Ja board experiences they have had, many times the little pointer floating or flying through the air infront a group of people. This was almost always the last time they played with the gameboard.
      I do not allow them here, I don't need this house's friendly spirits riled up or provoked or have any new ones move in to disrupt. This may sound like a statement from a country-bumkin-simpleton to some, but why risk it?
      Someday the term "Supernatural" may have a whole different meaning if science begins figuring some more of these things out.
      How numerous people can all "see" the same thing (that really isn't there) has always been something not really figured out or explained by the non-believers. "Group or Mass Hypnosis"?
      "Everyone take out your checkbook, write the following......"
      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

HMM

The old building (stripmall) Dream Reapers was in was haunted.
        I don't really want to believe in ghosts.....BUT when you are painting something and there is tons of light in the room...2 seconds later shadows keep you from seeing what you were working on. I have been BUZZED by something at least 1 time while walking through the house. Doors opened by themselves, stuff turned on and off by itself, my partner was stopped dead in his tracks and had everything knocked out of his hand, a girl was standing in the lobby when something grabbed her ponytail and bounced her head off the wall....I can keep going but who the hell believes that a haunted house in a stripmall would be haunted?

Would have been a great marketing campaign

We actually went back to the old place 1 year after we moved, we asked if they had anything strange happen to them....the fine mexican lady behind the counter had a hard time spitting out all the wierd stuff that has happened to them...
        Gee could it get any better than this?

Comment

Hello, I'm Dean Stephens. I co-own and operate KPI Nightmare Haunted House in Lexington Ky. KPI stands for Kentucky Paranormal Investigations. I am Operations manager for KPI. We started out doing a backyard haunt to help fund our free paranormal investigations. Last year we got a warehouse and took our haunted house to the next level. The materials used to build the Haunted House came from a real haunted house we used to investigate that was being torn down. We are always having strange things happen while we were building. Animatronic props going off on there own with no one inside, Hearing footsteps when no ones there. Sound system turning on by itself, also the air horn goes off by itself. Being a paranormal investigator i belive in spirits/ghost . I've encountered too many unexplainable things not to. If you would like to check us out our websites are.

www.kyparanormalinvestigations.com

www.2scary.com
          www.2scary.com

Comment

The location we are looking at for our 07 or 08 haunt is supposed to be haunted, personally I don't really believe in the stuff, but I guess if I start to see strange goings on...maybe I could be convinced.

But the promotion we could do would be amazing! Just ratchet up the excitement one more notch!!
            Heartstoppers
            Haunted House

Sacramento, CA

www.scaredyou.com

www.fb.com/heartstoppers
            www.twitter.com/heartstoppershh

Comment

It really helped us out to build up our event. Once the radio stations found out we were a paranormal investigating group we were doing interviews all the time and were getting to plug the haunted house each time. I'm all about free advertising.

Dean
              www.2scary.com

Comment

Jim, good idea. I may have played with an Ouija board when younger but have never had one do anything. I also seem to attract only friendly spirits in life. Been blessed all around, I guess.
                The word for the day is NPD. Check it out.

Comment

Tony, "How Friendly?" Stock tips? Winning Lotto numbers?
                  Adequate girlfriend replacements?
                  Inquiring myndz wunt to no!

It sure got colder in the middle of the night, I really don't want to get out of bed and close the window, could you close that window for me Ghost?
                  Sure Jim, SLAM!!
                  Or was it just a coincidence?
                  hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

New place isnt haunted but my old one is. didnt bother me none. Will give you a call sometime for full details, we would be talking an hour or two in that case....
                    The word for the day is NPD. Check it out.

Comment

The ghosts at your old place were given the slip ? Or did they lose you because you finally just ran away screaming?
                      It's OK, stuff happens. hahahah!
                      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
                      X