• Show
Clear All

• Haunted House Auction Coming Up in Kansas City

(Formerly)
    HAUNTED HOUSES
    For AUCTION
    WEDNESDAY, JUNE 24, 2009 – 1:30pm

1300 W. 13th Street, Kansas City, MO

Entire contents from Catacombs & Fear Haunted Houses to be auctioned off to the highest bidder in a single lot.
    Catacombs and Fear were open for 15+ years in 3 stories and 25,000 square feet. When they closed in 2006 all of the items were packed into four 53’ trailers and stored. You can see all of these items on two warehouse floors, and they can be yours if you’re the highest bidder.
    No items will be sold piece by piece
    Animatronics, Sets and Facades, Miscellaneous Haunt Items (costumes, corpses, body parts, artificial foliage), Miscellaneous Equipment (desks, chairs, etc) and Miscellaneous tools and spare parts.

From entry to exit with a refrigerator and golf cart to boot this includes everything you’d need to start a haunted attraction of your own.

Starting bid is $35,000

Directions
    FROM I-670, Take the WYOMING ST exit, EXIT 1B, toward GENESSEE ST/ KEMPER ARENA.,
    Turn RIGHT onto WYOMING ST., Turn RIGHT onto W 12TH ST., Turn RIGHT onto LIBERTY ST., Turn LEFT onto W 13TH ST

Inspection
    Tuesday, June 23 – 4-8pm
    Wednesday, June 24 – 8-11am (Auction Morning)

Registration
    All bidders must register in advance of auction during Inspection times or 30 minutes in advance of auction start. Bidders must provide bank reference information at Registration.

Sales Tax
    Missouri state sales tax of 7.725% will be applied to purchase price. Buyer is sales tax exempt if buying for resale, and has a resale certificate from their home state and fills out the required paperwork.

Terms
    Payment must be made in full on the day of the sale! Payment must be made by certified or cashier’s check. All items are sold as is, where is, without any warranties whatsoever whether expressed or implied.

Removal
    Buyer will be given three weeks from Auction Date during 8-4pm to remove all items.

Information
    Monty Summers at Full Moon Productions 816-842-4280
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Isnt this strangely a small amount of Items for supposedly 2 large haunts in K.C who were trying to compete with the Beast and the Edge of Hell? I didnt know Monty bought them out? Far as props and equipment.
    Damon
    Last edited by damon carson; 06-06-2009, 12:33 PM.
    Damon Carson

Comment

Isnt this strangely a small amount of Items for supposedly 2 large haunts in K.C who were trying to compete with the Beast and the Edge of Hell? I didnt know Monty bought all there stuff.
      Damon
      Last edited by damon carson; 06-06-2009, 12:38 PM.
      Damon Carson

Comment

Cost Benefit

oops, duplicate.
        Last edited by twinlocust; 06-07-2009, 08:25 AM.

Comment

Cost Benefit

I'm sure the owner is business savvy and has a reason for this tactic, however, it's pretty basic business sense to know that you will fetch more money parting our anything, over selling it whole.

The cost benefit analysis is likely the time and expense of parting out the contents. It's a shame because they'd likely double their money by selling items off individually or in small sets. Not only can you increase gross margin this way, you bring in four times the number of qualified buyers at scaled price points.

I guess an auction of the whole lot does eliminate the risk of getting stuck with a portion of the goods, that could drag on for a year or longer. A lot auction is definately the most expedient method of liquidation. It'd be nice to see some photos to get a feel for that reserve price choice.

Comment

Thanks you saved me the boring task of reading the Wall-Street Journal.
            Damon
            Damon Carson

Comment

Working...
            X