Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you use Personnel Management systems?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you use Personnel Management systems?

I have been researching some personnel management systems for our haunt. Last year we had more than 200 individual volunteers at our haunt. More than 50 of them were 1-nighters, 100 or so came 2-10 nights, and 50 or so came every night. I am looking into timecard systems and some other personnel management systems. Does anyone have a useful tool to keep track of who's working?
    I am looking for actor/employee attendance, a database of personal information in case of emergency, and a place to write notes about each person if need be.
    Even better... I would love to do an id card system and scan people in at check-in. My biggest problem is contacting parents/spouses if/when someone gets hurt. Let me know what you use as a solution...
    Attached Files
    Patrick Barberry
    www.legendsofthefog.com
    sigpic

#1 Do Casting Calls and interview prior to September (We use to have 100+ actors a year) until we started this process now our turnover rate is 10-15

#2 Are you checking in/out costumes? Or do they bring their own? If they are checking out costumes - you can keep a time record along w/ costume record this way. Or even trade driver license in and they get it back after the costume is returned.

#3 Fortunately for us we have a time clock for the daily people. So we just make additional card for the new staff

Here is a system for under $600 w/ software:
    http://www.staples.com/office/suppli...Feed-_-listing

Or this place has several:
    http://www.timeclockoutlet.com/produ...ck_system.html

Good Luck!

Comment

There are a bunch of systems out there for time clock. Instead of a time card / badge swipe, I would recommend a biometric/finger print system. Eliminates "buddy punch" or your staff coming to you because they lost their card.

We already have our Prop & Costume Manager software for signing out costumes to actors and in time we will integrate a staff module into our POS system. This will link staff details with sales data allowing haunters to review how efficient the event is running. Sales vs. payroll. Plus it would keep all staff details in one system.

Good luck on your hunt!
      Ken Darrigo
      ClearCut Operations, Inc.
      ClearCut Operations | http://www.clearcutoperations.com
      TerrorDome Haunted Scream Park | http://www.terrordome.com

Comment

Are they paid employees or all volunteer?

Comment

we have an all volunteer staff
          Patrick Barberry
          www.legendsofthefog.com
          sigpic

Comment

If they are all volunteer do ou need to keep their time? You pretty much take what you can get if you're not paying them and fill spots with what you have to work with right? Or is this just something you want to do for your own control?

Its a great idea, but I would think it's crucial if you have paid employess over volunteers....

Darkangel

Comment

(Once again, going back to old posts) This one was a question I asked last year, and Clearcut Operations delivered at TW. Checked out this system at the show and I can't wait to use it! The price is extremely reasonable!
              Patrick Barberry
              www.legendsofthefog.com
              sigpic

Comment

Personnel Management

We have developed our own system. We have very few volunteers. I have advertised in the papers of the local colleges for actors. I advertised 50 positions and got 310 applicants. They are all parttime employees, even the food concession and merchandise concession employees. The only full time employees I have are myself, my wife, my son, two makeup/costume and acting coaches. My carpenter, electrician, video, sound, lighting and special effects are contracted. My acting coaches next year will move from a flat salary to a percentage. I forgot one. I do have a financial advisor and she works off percentage.

Comment

Working...
                X