Hauntworld 22 Magazine Cover...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Omg!

Eric that is sweet! Man on man that would make an awsome poster! I was looking at the other ones you were starting that you posted in a thread and I love it. I can do some neat things but not for sure I could use a dremel tool like that anyway that takes some real talent but then again look whos using it duh!

I have always enjoyed the skulls you have posted in the past and I love them. I can say this Graystone has a ton of skulls attached to bodies lol I would say well over 50! And Ben can tell ya hundreds of just skulls! Anyway I love it!!!!!!!!!

Dark that was another one of my favorites Ben has always been able to shine on his signature characters. Shane and its Eric you can autograph the skull and send it to me to sit by my autographed magazine! Shane this time!!!!
    Last edited by graystone; 06-06-2009, 11:15 AM.
    sigpic

Comment

What I find to be a nice touch is the addition of Alabama's state flag in the cover.

Comment

Eric that skull is whats badass! The cover on the new H.W is cool but not the best. I think my favorite is the Edge of Hell issue. Im big on skulls too. And grim reapers ect. Eric you should put together a video or dvd on your skulpting and prop making it would be awesome I would buy it for sure.
        Damon
        Damon Carson

Comment

WOW! Very nice job on the cover! I can't wait to get mine. Larry,is there any way we could get a large poster-like cover of that? Everyone at the Manor will be excited to see that,and read the articles. Well done!

Comment

Looks great, can't wait to read about the bama boys.
            Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

Thanks guys,

Shane, I'll bring your autographed poster to your party in St. Louis, lol! Damon, you can get this info for free on the HHA help desk if you are a member. I have an exclusive post detailing this process all the way through till October each week.

Back to the cover, I just got back from working on the haunt and looked at it again. The design, color scheme and execution of all the elements with the type work outstanding together. I like big bold designs like this one over trying to crowd tons of stuff in there. I know a cover like this is successful when I don't get sick of looking at it after a while. I can't wait to see the printed copy to pick out more detail, they must have a ton of layers on there in Photoshop. All the lightning bolts, the smoke, skull with effects and flag with texture just to name a few. I tend to analyze stuff like this because I work in Photoshop a lot. I'd like to see Brainstorm put out a DVD or Hauntworld article on their techniques someday. It might be cool to see an article on just how they created this cover from scratch.

I look forward to seeing or reading about all Shane's skulls and hearing about Atrox Factory. I know these magazines are a lot of work but well worth it for the industry.

Anyway, thanks to Larry for raising the bar with the magazine, Ben for writing the features and to Brainstorm for hitting this one out of the park!

Eric
              www.hauntedoverload.com

Comment

Great Idea

Eric! That would make for a good story on how it all comes together! Shane and its I am still loving the cover! Shane this time.
                sigpic

Comment

Whats on the inside

Larry, Ben anyone got any previews of whats on the inside. I liked Erics idea is it possible? Shane and its wanna give us a hint? Shane this time.
                  sigpic

Comment

Awesome cover!!! Not much else to say but AWESOME!

Comment

This really is a cool cover I love the skull! Looks like the issue from House of Shock back in the day but better!

Allan
                      Attached Files

Comment

I'm impressed!

Excellent cover! And congrats to the Alabama haunts, Atrox Factory and Graystone Manor!

BarbieHaunt
                        Friends Sold Separately
                        (You Too Can Be Sold -
                        Just Join Our Friends List!
                        Obviously Kidding About Being Sold)

Actually, as explained previously in a thread we started, the silly name BarbieHaunt has absolutely nothing to do with Barbie dolls but was our private joke name because before the haunt's pink and blue styrofoam walls are hard coated and painted, it reminds us of a Barbie Dream Haunt.

Comment

Working...
                        X