Myrtle Beach Haunts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Myrtle Beach Haunts

Hey, I'm in Myrtle Beach right now! Well, like always, the only thing on my mind is staying out of the sun and getting into a dark spot. In other words, I'm looking for haunts. Does anyone know of any haunts VERY close to the beach? I'm staying on the North End with hardly any tourists, but....yeah. Within 5 miles would be best. I already know about the two that are in the Strip, but the Ripley's and Nightmare both sound pretty bad. I know almost anything Ripley's to be bad, and when I got online to check Nightmare's story, it sounded pretty lame. So, please don't mention those two haunts unless you are going to tell me that they are actually amazing. Anyway, I've only got till this Friday....which makes it hard to find a good haunt. So, please list any haunts you know that are GOOD and worth the money that are pretty close to Myrtle Beach.
    ~Jon-Kyle Bailey
    Campbellsville, KY

TC, Nope thats it.

I had talked to a guy awhile back who was thinking about opening one but i think he may have changed his mind, if anything it was a seasonal one.

And no do not waste your time on either of those two haunts, all animatronics and if your lucky one actor running from room to room changing masks in between.

I know you said you wanted to stay out of the sun but man while you have the chance stop in at one of the local t-shirt souveneir shops and pick up a cheap body board and try that out!!

Im 45 and spent the 20 bucks and had a blast riding waves all day, brought the kid in me out!

And do not leave witout hitting Broadway on the Beach, Jimmy Buffetts Margaritaville (great food and drink) and the KISS Coffeehouse is cool as hell too! If you have a female with you she will love the little shops all down the boardwalk. Hell i enjoyed the little shops, lot's of unique things in them.

Have a good time and stay cool suppossed to hit mid 90's all week

Comment

Ya !!!!

Myrtle beach rocks !!!!! So much to see and do. Too bad they dont have a really good haunt. have fun !

Comment

The thing is, I can't stay in the sun. :P Literally. I am allergic to excess Vitamnin D3: a type of vitamin that is made when our body is out in the sun. The reaction is somewhat like a sunburn...from Hell. I feel like bugs are under my skin crawling and I itch to death. And I get soars that actually burn. It's just horrible. That's why I don't like this vacation too much right now...since I'm having to plan everything on the beach between 5 am and 8 am and 6 pm and 11 pm. I did love using the body boards. They are a blast. Two years ago, I came down when the tropical storm had just passed through (we ran into it on the way down). THe waves were so high, people were literally surfing at the southern end of Myrtle Beach (the main spot). It was so fun on the body boards. :P
        ~Jon-Kyle Bailey
        Campbellsville, KY

Comment

check out the ghosts and legends show at barefoot landing... its great!

... the website is ghostshows.com

Comment

Ghosts & Legends Theatre is not only nearby, it's pound-for-pound the best dark attraction in SC.

Just don't go in expecting a scary gorefest.

Ghosts & Legends is an old fashioned, Disney style attraction.

Kind of an interactive 4-D theatre... really high-tech stuff.
            Last edited by haunter112; 06-14-2009, 09:04 PM.
            Guerilla Haunter

Comment

Oliver Holler and his wife Terri own Ghosts and Legends and I think it is awesome. Great atmosphere, the show never breaks character. I agree this is the best attraction at the beach.

KroneDaddy
              Hauntus Emeritus
              Founding Board Member I.A.H.A.
              Author "The Complete Haunted House Book"

We'll make your house everything you've ever HAUNTED!

Comment

Before Oliver...

I was planning upon opening a scary attraction on Mrytle Beach but since I really have never had much money, it was going to be a quicksand pit on the beach itself.
                Since the grains of quicksand are rounder than most sand grains I was going to install drain filters in some busy bath houses and only keep the really worn grains that get a long ride in people's swimsuits all day, only thing is the EPA is so strict about using crotch-sand!
                hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
                X