What should I do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What should I do?

Ok, so i took last year off of haunting, due to hurricane damage, this year I planned on opening the haunt, but I am really far behind. I have not began searching for sponsors yet, all I have done is found the three possible locations for the haunt, here is what I could do, Do it this year even if I have to completely bust my ass, or wait until next year and not wait this late...

Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated!!

-Zack
    This Year
    42.11%
    Wait until next year
    42.11%
    Never haunt again you stupid idiot
    15.79%

The poll is expired.

INSANITY SCREAM PARK

You have to do it this year!!! If you don't someone else will get a start on your project

Comment

Work your butt off and do it!
      Damon
      Damon Carson

Comment

Nice to get other people's opinions but only you know your circumstances and what you're capable of. You are the only one who can really answer this.

It does sound like you are hoping for a push though, so I say get off the computer and get to work!

Comment

Good luck getting it all together in time! I know you'll need it this late in the game.
          ~Jon-Kyle Bailey
          Campbellsville, KY

Comment

My direct experience is in stage production and one night art shows so I can't speak to the sponsorship issues.

However, I have deep production experience and would put it this way. With proportionate resources you have plenty of time. People that are force multipliers helping you get all things finished, and money to pay for it all.

When I'm dealing with a video or stage client I use the old adage:

Good
            Fast
            Cheap

You can pick any two. You likely want Good and Fast, which means it won't be cheap in man hours which means money in most situations. To create more gross come November most haunters want Good and Cheap, which is why they work year round. My advice would be that if you can multiply your efforts with head count go for it, if not wait. You don't want fast and cheap.

Having said that, could you give me some insight into how much space is required to store your haunt. I can store a sixty one-sided panel art show with lights and tools in two 10'X10' storage units. I can only imagine how much space a haunt would require. Thanks.

Comment

The longer you put things off the less likely you are to follow through with them...... " Just my .02 "
              "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Malicious Studios
              www.maliciousstudios.com
              "HORROR FX THAT STICKS TO THE ROOF OF YOUR BRAIN !"
              http://www.myspace.com/maliciousstudios

Comment

First off are you married and with you being totally stressed out how will this effect your spouse and or your children? Do you handle stress well? Are you a perfectionist? If you, and those around you, can go with the flow then by all means try to open this year. If you have enough help and funds available then go for it. Otherwise for the sake of your health and those around you start now but hold off until next year. Life will not stop for you. There are many many factors to weigh in this situation and like the post above, only you know all the factors. If you are stressed at all even thinking about opening this year then don't. This should be fun and rewarding for you and those around you. Hope this helps.
                http://www.GraystoneHaunt.com

Comment

Shreadman

Anyone and everyone can comment all day long on this. At the end of the day its only one person that can answer that question and that person is YOU! Only you know what your capable of doing and not doing. Shane and its good luck sounds like you got a big decision ahead of you. Shane this time.
                  sigpic

Comment

do it, adjust the theme, scope, and nature of your attraction to fit your time and budget. Also do not forget to plan on using the assets you have. Actors can make up for alot of faults in a show, but good sets cant make up for untrained actors. If you have a talent pool in place then you are half way there.
                    in short, you do not have time for a great victorian mansion style haunt, but you do have time for Uncle Waldo's zombie extravaganza!
                    Allen H
                    www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
                    http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

We have decided to call it off folks. We dont have the time and money this year.
                      INSANITY SCREAM PARK

Comment

Working...
                      X