HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Prop fly accross hallway

Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. Default Prop fly accross hallway 
    I want to have a corpses fly across a hallway in my haunt. I had the idea of fastening a metal track to the ceiling and then attaching the corpse to a wheel that slide a long the metal track. But I cant find any metal track or wheels that this would work for. Does anyone know where I could buy these things or does anyone else have any others ideas for me. Thanks.

    P.S. Please don't say look at a hardware store because I already did and there really wasn't anything there.
    Mr. Horror
    The Eighth Floor of Hell

  2. Default  
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Mt. Vernon, TX
    I won't say hardware store, but you can what you're looking for at Lowe's Home Improvement store in the hardware department.

    Metal track


  3. Default Closet Track 
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    You can buy a closet track from the home improvement stores that should work as long as it's long enough for you. Same stuff used for pocket doors.

  4. Default  
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Corona CA
    You can get what you need at an electrical supply house
    like CED, ask for "Unistrut or Powerstrut" most supply houses
    cary one brand or the other. It looks like the lowes photo
    above and they have a set of wheels that fit into the track
    with an eye that you can hang your dummy on. Very strong
    and heavy duty. I can hang on it and I go 250+.
    Midnight Evil Productions
    Owner/Operator of www.CoffinCreek.com/

  5. Default  
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Just an idea.

    What about using track from a garage door. They are sold in sections and you can mount it horizintal going across the ceiling.

  6. Default I didn't look hard enough 
    I guess I did not look hard enough at my last trip to the hardware store. I'll have to try again.
    Mr. Horror
    The Eighth Floor of Hell

  7. Default  
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Mexico, Missouri, United States
    You can probably find any of this stuff in a dumpster if you dig deep enough. Any houses being torn down in your area just ask them if you can salvage anything before its all taken away.
    Damon Carson

  8. Default Farm Supply Stores 
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    Sell those barn door tracks, wheels, all heavy duty enough to hold a great big heavy wooden sliding door.
    Mount the track on a hinge and raise and lower one end of it making the rollers go back and forth. You could figure it out like a teeter-toter and get by using a very small pnuematic cylinder or a piece of heavy weed wacker line to manually pull it.
    If you had a counter weight doing half the "work" you could design it so you only had to pull the string one time, one direction, the rest would happen via gravity.
    You can find gravity in ice cream shops but this particulair gravity will be hanging just on you.

Thread Information
Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts