Indoor Sliding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indoor Sliding

I'm looking to incorporate some sliding inside the haunt this year and I was wondering what the best surface is to put down. We would like to keep the great sound sliding makes without giving up any of the control and safety. We don't really have the option of a nice concrete floor, so if anyone knows of something we could put down that would create a similar effect that would be great.
    ________
    Honda Nsr50 History
    Last edited by mikeq91; 02-22-2011, 09:22 AM.
    Mike Quill
    Fear Town Haunted House

Tile works great. Could get expensive depending on the size of your haunt though. Its more of a permanent thing as well. But if your on dirt i honestly can't think of a way to do it without laying down some cement. What are the dimensions of the areas where you wan't your sliders?

Comment

Its a real small area, 20' X 10' maybe? (we're in 40 X 10 trailers). The current floor is made of oak planks that I don't believe slide well. Tile seems like it would work because of how small of an area it would be. Thanks for the help
      ________
      TITLE INSURANCE ADVICE
      Last edited by mikeq91; 02-22-2011, 09:23 AM.
      Mike Quill
      Fear Town Haunted House

Comment

Yeah sure no problem.

Comment

Also, you might want to consider using metal sheeting. You would want to get 20 gauge or even 40 gauge if you can find it. These are the thinner and cheaper types of sheet metal.

I would think that you could get really good sound off of these.
          Brad Bowen
          Owner/Operator of the Ultimate Fear Haunted House in Shreveport, LA
          www.ultimatefear.net

Comment

If you utilize practice gloves - you could slide on the wood I would lay down some masonite.

For sparks - you will need a rough surface. Possibly add some metal to the wall or corners to hit for sparks.

We slide inside - but our floor is cave! So we spark on rock! Good Luck!

Comment

Working...
            X