Excited!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excited!

Sorry this isn't really haunted house related but I'm very excited so I had to share. I just got a phone call from the White House telling me I was selected to attend the town hall meeting tomorrow at a local highschool with President Obama. Nothing like waiting until the lastMy girlfriend and I will be going. We have to be there at 7am, even though the event doesn't start until noon. This is an exciting opportunity and can't wait! I hope I get a photo op.
    Sean De Wane
    ----------------------------------------------
    The De Wane Asylum
    www.dewaneasylum.com

Post alot of pics there are alot of Obama fans on here! LOL!
    Damon
    Damon Carson

Comment

Started my day off early and arrived at highschool at 7am. My girlfriend and myself were 2nd in line. Fox 11 news came and did a live interview with me, which was fun. Once they let us inside at 9am we got our seats. 2nd row, middle seats. BEST seats in the house... Obama showed up at noon. GREAT speech on healthcare. Got tons of close up pictures which I'l post soon. A litle girl who sat behind me got a note from Obama excusing her for missing school. Because of this you could see my girlfriend and myself on CNN and FOXnews. I then got to shake Obama's hand when he was done speaking which was cought on CBS news cameras with Katie Couric (Sp?) Once home around 1:30 my whole house started shaking... Rn outside to see Air Force One flying overhead mega low... Looked like it was going to clip the trees in my yard...

Overall a very exciting day!
      Last edited by MMManiac; 06-11-2009, 08:58 PM.
      Sean De Wane
      ----------------------------------------------
      The De Wane Asylum
      www.dewaneasylum.com

Comment

Ooo! Very Kewl!! Never met a Prez before...
        missjayne
        Netherworld Haunted Attractions
        http://www.fearworld.com/

Comment

Awesome Shane. Saw Regan back in like 85 in Oshkosh, but I was like 100 feet from him. Then W spoke at the PAC two years and his motorcade drove right by my store....
          Personnaly I am facinated by the security at these things. Any way, glad you had fun!!
          www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

Comment

Seeing Air Force One is actually quite common if you know where to look, but more common is seeing the presidential Helicopter all the time and that really rattles everything when it flies over, its huge. Also the motorcade is also very impressive, when foreign dignitaries are in town theres always a lot of movement and excitement.

Before DC got the Nationals, presidents and senators and VIP's visiting would shoot up to Baltimore to watch Orioles games and they would park most of the security detail vehicles near the Babe Ruth Museum which was near where I use to work by the stadium and you see tons of the secret service guys wired and coordinating with each other. The cars and SUV's had super thick panels and bullet proof glass looked like big black tanks!

A lot goes in to gaurding and transporting these guys!

Allan

Comment

Certainly haunt related

Sycophants and Sophists, Scarrrr-y..

Comment

Also scary are flippant remarks, by facetious newbies!

Allan

Comment

My Dad drove 45 miles to Dixon, Ill. to see Regan. He was impressed when the secret service pried the manhole covers up and looked for bombs under the street!
                  Obama was speaking a block from The Ravens Grin when he was running for Illinois senator flanked by two Civil War cannons and standing infront of a 60 foot high monument to the soldiers in that war
                  I sent a friend in the haunt business an e-mail after I heard Obama speak and predicted he would be president (barring any unforseen calamitys)
                  My friend reminded me of this e-mail right after the election..but I don't think he voted for him.
                  President Obama was saying things that night that I had never heard another politician say, things most of us knew and were not happy with, like the undependability of office holders once they get cozied-up with the big money guys......the little voters lose, the rich guys who already have everything , get more.
                  hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
                  X