Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wooden Slat Walls?

Hey
    For our garage haunt this year we were thinking of building some wood frames and taking planks from picket fences, Laying them across the frames and applying some cheap dirty wallpaper on sections to represent an old rotting mansion. I was wondering if this was a good idea or if there are better alternatives which are cheap!
    Last edited by The Forsaken Crypt; 06-17-2009, 08:46 AM.
    Matthew Colton
    Frightworld America's Screampark
    http://www.frightworld.com/

walls

If you are only doing a small area, try wood pallets. they are a bit heavy but cheap. if put 2 together and nail/screw them together you can make a 6'-7' tall wall section that is about 4' wide. most businesses have some laying around. Just be sure to have back and side support. Putting torn wall paper on them will let the dirty wood show through and you can see through the walls if you want to. I like having a black cloth drapped on the backside with some red led lights for eyes visible through the cracks in the wood.

Comment

Not a bad idea at all, My garage isnt huge but yeah the slat thing really looked cool. Add a drop panel here and there its bound to have people leaving in shock and awe
      Matthew Colton
      Frightworld America's Screampark
      http://www.frightworld.com/

Comment

There was someone who took shelving paper like you would use in the kitchen and used that for slats. If I recall they painted black strips for the spaces between the boards and tore the edges before they stuck it on the walls so it looked like the plaster was falling off. It actually looked pretty convincing in the photos. And you can't beat that for cheap. I'll see if I can find the thread.

Comment

Pallets are the way to go - we use them every year. Normally FREE (especially if you work for a company that gets shipments or know a company) And or you can buy them cheap from someone.

Also don't forget about Home Creepo Or Lowes as they sometimes get damaged picket fence or fencing and you can buy it at half or less!!

And I've also been known to dumpster dive....

Comment

Working...
          X