CFX or SPFX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CFX or SPFX

Does anyone have an opinion or experience using either of theses mask - I don't want to spend $600 on something that I am not going to be able to use or be happy with

I bought an SPFX Zombie for last season and love it. I was hesitant about the money, but very impressed with the quality once it arrived. It definitely exceeded my expectations.

Here's a pic of me an my son (7 yrs old), at a local halloween carnival. He's the potted plant....lol.

Sorry but I can't comment on the CFX masks other than the eye holes seem to be made a little larger than necessary.
    Every job is a self-portrait of the person who did it… Autograph your work with excellence!

Comment

I love CFX personally. Very comfortable, and they do depending on what you wan't custom paintjobs for no extra cost.
      So honestly personally i would go with them. But thats just me.

Comment

I like both of them. We ordered from both companies around the same time. We bought a few masks from CFX during transworld and one custom made. And I ordered one from spfx the week after transworld. We have recieved everything from CFX and is AWESOME! but I'm still waiting for my mask from spfx. I was told it would only take 2 weeks to get it in the mail. 3 months later I'm still waiting. I have e-mailed spfx twice and left a voice message once and I have not heard back!!!! I don't know why it's taking so long when I was told 2 weeks but I sure hope the long wait will be well worth it.
        ~Bill Mlinac
        The Deadland Haunted House
        www.facebook.com/Deadlandhauntedhouse
        www.Thedeadland.comsigpic

Comment

Silicone Masks

These sorts of masks are great investments if you care for them and use them properly. Both CFX and SPFX are great companies with great products, I have masks from both and plenty that are custom to NETHERWORLD, I really like them.

The biggest flaw overall is that they are very hot, but the payback in flexibility and durability makes up for it if you can find the right actor to wear them.

Treat them like gold and they will pay you back with impressed guests. You just have to get them out every night and that can be a challenge.

Also you really need to create the total character with teeth, contacts a cool costume and a total performance. Forcing unwilling actors into these with no training will not get you very far.

Thanks and good Luck!
          Ben Armstrong
          NETHERWORLD HAUNTED HOUSE
          www.Fearworld.com
          www.NetherworldNetwork.com

Comment

CFX! CFX! CFX!

.... 'nuff said! -Tyler
            Chris Riehl
            Sales@spookyfinder.com
            (586)209-6935
            www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

CFX masks seem to be more durable than SPFX. We bought one of the first ones and it has tore in a couple places... CFX seems to have better customer service (but our team has been known to party with them - so maybe that's an unfair advantage?)

Both are good products and as Ben stated - Hot... And a complete character w/ teeth contacts etc. is the way to go for the complete ensemble!!

Good Luck!

Comment

I have a silicone mask from SPFX. The SPFX masks are thinner around the mouth, eyes, and nose, which on the upside has more movement, but on the other hand you can have a lot more tearing in those areas...

I think they are great for promotional events when you don't nessicarily have a make-up artist available.

If your budget allows you to do so, I'd say a SPFX or CFX silicone mask is a \n investment worth while.
                Jordan Renda
                www.NightTerrorsHauntedHouse.com

Comment

CFX or SPFX

CFX is the one to go with.. Best product overall..Unless you want to rob a bank then order from the other. SPFX is not a very scary mask for haunting...

Comment

I agree with Paul

CFX keeps changing things up! They are doing different styles, shapes and makes of mask. SPFX continues to have the same look on all their mask. Its like they use the same model or something each and every time! Also their mask are way bigger and the fit seems loose. I dont see anything scary about an old man unless hes a perv! If you contiinue to use the old man style thing make him SCARY!!!! Shane and its CFX is the way to go! Shane this time.
                    sigpic

Comment

CFX vs SPFX

O.K. I an the ultimate anal retenitive shopper - I am getting reports and reviews all over the place - hearing a few horror stories about tearing being hot etc... it seems like the forum of public opion leans in the favor of CFX a little bit but then I find tihs on Ripoff.com ---After visiting the compositeeffects web site ( also known as cfx masks ) I was impressed with the pictures of their silicone masks and the quality of the paintjobs. CFXmasks are quite expensive compared to latex masks, but I really wanted to get something top notch for Halloween.
                      I bought one of these masks and it was delivered fast, but when I opened the box what I saw was nothing like the pictures they advertise on their website. The paintjob was sloppily and quickly done and in some areas you could even see the base color of the actual silicone! Also the seems were extremely visible.
                      My guess is they either photoshopped the pictures on the cfxmasks web site or they do a really special job painting up the ones that they use to advertise on the site. Either way, at $500 it was a complete ripoff. -----Has anyone else had these problems or is just a fluke- I want to be pretty sure if I drop $500 for a mask I will be happy with it

Comment

Mask Heat.

Last edited by Jim Warfield; 06-22-2009, 10:24 PM.
                        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
                        X