Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which of Larry's questions are the best.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which of Larry's questions are the best.

Just can't decide. My head is spinning.

I liked his multiple choice question the best.
    Which haunted house is the best? A. The Darkness
    B. The Darkness
    C. The Darkness
    I cant wait to see the results from the poll. This is worse than the election in Iran or was it Iraq?! LOL!
    Damon
    Damon Carson

Comment

"Damon!"

Last edited by Jim Warfield; 06-22-2009, 10:20 PM.
      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Personally, I have to go with:
        What is the one thing hauntd house owners must change about how they build or operate their attractions to compete into the future? Do they need to embrace a different way to market their attractions, build the attractions to run more people through, do this or do that?

This was a really useful question that could educate us all in it's answering. It invites well thoughtout answers and true sharing of knowledge. Excellent question.

By default, I'd have to say that the runner up was:
        Who was the best at transworld?

On it's own, of course it isn't that good a question. However, the questions in the thread at least were a little more direct, and since people actually saw all of transworld when they went, they are equipped to actually provide some decent answers.

This brings us to the poor questions. Second worst is:

Who's got the best website industry?

I'm not even sure what this means? When the first thing that happens is people try to clarify it, it wasn't a good quest. However, I still think it's better than:

Who has the best haunted house and why?

I don't think anyone on these forums are even close to equipped to choosing this. I doubt 1% of the people on the forums have seen more than 1% of the haunts in the nation. That makes for poor polling. Then the presumption that good marketing = best haunt (by having a great video) eliminates many haunts that might actually be the best ones out there. Basically, the way to be best here is:
        1) Be in a location where other haunt owners are likely to see you. Sorry if you are in alaska or Wyoming, or Utah. You really should be in the East, Midwest, or Texas if you want to be the best.
        2) Make sure you hire a good videographer, or have a good one on staff. That way even if people don't see your haunt, they can think it's good just by seeing a video. Just like in sports, we know that the best players have the best highlight real on You-tube.
        3) Make sure you market to other haunters. Those are the people who have to nominate you, so make sure you get their attention.
        sigpic

There are three rules to designing a haunt. Unfortunately, nobody knows what they are.

Haunt: www.ScarecrowTheater.com

Comment

Working...
        X