Haunts by Niagra Falls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haunts by Niagra Falls

My family and I are road tripping to Niagra Falls this weekend and are wondering if anyone has been to any of the haunts there? They havea few including fearfactoryhaunt.com
    www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

I've been to them, they're ok... You should contact Ron Doherty and ask to check out Frightworld. This will open your eyes!!!

The haunts at the falls are, well,... well just ok. One is good, has good startles, the others are more like "museums" with NO actors, out dated props and scenery... etc. etc. -Tyler
    Chris Riehl
    Sales@spookyfinder.com
    (586)209-6935
    www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Most are animatronics based with maybe one actor (such as Screamers, The Haunted House, Castle Dracula, and House of Frankenstein). Nightmares Fear Factory was the best of them, but it has toned down over the years (a decade ago they would touch touch you and had a ton of actors).
      Katie Lane
      Partner/VP
      Raven's Wolf Art Productions (www.ravens-wolf.com)
      sigpic

Bansheette Morningstar (www.bansheette.com)

Comment

They still touch you! hahahaha... -Tyler
        Chris Riehl
        Sales@spookyfinder.com
        (586)209-6935
        www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

I don't mean to sound negative but SAVE YOUR MONEY!

Take that for what you want but SAVE YOUR MONEY!!!!!!!!!!

S A V E Y O U R M O N E Y ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

I have spent alot of time up in this area and let me say again SAVE YOUR MONEY!!!!!! LOL

The only one that is even close to being decent is one called 'The Haunted House' it looks like a mansion and its okay but not great.

Larry
          Larry Kirchner
          President
          www.HalloweenProductions.com
          www.BlacklightAttractions.com
          www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
          www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Talk to Tim Bunch he's out there and so is the guys from Fright World see if you can get a tour of those haunts.

Larry
            Larry Kirchner
            President

Comment

Thanks for your input. It is June so I am not expecting a lot. Just a good tax writeoff and hopefully pick up something I can use...
              www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

Comment

SAVE YOUR MONEY??? Isnt this a bit harsh? I thought we were all in this industry together. Niagra and Clifton Falls have alot to offer. Ripleys and movieland wax museums are certainly worth a look. How can these shows increase their shows value if you run off their customers?
                I'm only doing this to impress 2 people ... The fire marshal and the customer that's it !!!

Comment

While I wouldn't call any of the haunts amazing; they are entertaining for the family and fun to do as a break from the other attractions.
                  Katie Lane
                  Partner/VP
                  Raven's Wolf Art Productions (www.ravens-wolf.com)
                  sigpic

Bansheette Morningstar (www.bansheette.com)

Comment

Mad Wax,

I tend to dissagree... there are some SHITY haunts out there. So yes, SAVE YOUR MONEY!!! -Tyler
                    Chris Riehl
                    Sales@spookyfinder.com
                    (586)209-6935
                    www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Hey.. when are you coming out? If i'm around I'd be happy to show you my place... Alot is torn down now as we are doing some major renovations and changes, but theres still a ton of cool stuff to see... I'm in a wedding tomorrow so saturday would be out, but could possibly meet you sunday.... let me know!

-Tim
                      Tim Bunch
                      House Of Horrors And Haunted Catacombs
                      www.houseofhorrorsbuffalo.com

Comment

where would any of us be if people ran around saying these same things about our seasonal haunts?
                        I'm only doing this to impress 2 people ... The fire marshal and the customer that's it !!!

Comment

The family and I are going in a month. I would love to hear a report Ron!

Comment

Mad Wax Sculptor

You know there are some 20-something yr. olds out there that are very harsh when judging haunts.
                            I always figure that they have either never operated a haunt themslves so they don't know how hard it really is to make one's vision into reality, or they are just this way because they lost their haunted house "Cherry" the second time a chainsaw scared them and of of course they will never get it back, so they keep looking and bitching .
                            I would rather imagine that everyone is doing the best that can be expected when one considers available time, money, skill and commitment it takes and how nobody has an overabundance of all of these essentials.
                            And besides that, everyone has their own style, ideas and basic feeling as to what they feel is right and effective.
                            What "Works" here for me, might never "work" for you, and vice/versa.
                            If you make a living at it and have been doing it for numerous years, then it must be working for enough customers to make it real and worthy, and immune from complaints.
                            Last edited by Jim Warfield; 06-21-2009, 06:30 PM.
                            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

No its not being harsh... when a haunt puts up some amazing facade then there is nothing inside but NOTHING they deserve to be kicked in the nuts.

If you want my HONEST opinion they BLOW!!!!!!! Is that more harsh? LOL

I've been to all of them and THEY BLOW! They are rip off attractions with nothing to offer but one actor running around doing almost nothing. One guy owns like 2 or 3 and again slick little facades one of them even uses what assume to be illegal images of Freddy Kruger and Jason to lure in guests.

You will learn nothing and gain nothing. Like I said the best one is called The Haunted House its the only one half way decent. Look we all know these things are almost always nothing but tourist traps. You get what you pay for ... I will say the haunts in Niagara are better than the dumps in Wisconsin Dells.

I give the guy in Branson credit he actually tried to make a good haunt most of these people just try to rip you off.

Again SAVE YOUR MONEY!

As for the other attraction someone mentioned... those wax places are TOP NOTCH FIRST CLASS... wasn't talking about them just the junk hole haunted houses.

Larry
                              Larry Kirchner
                              President

Comment

Working...
                              X