No announcement yet.

I quit!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m a pretty open-minded person. I believe firmly in ‘to each to their own’. There is room for all points of view and beliefs. And, I usually would shrug off a post like this, but you are painting my business as something evil, so I feel I have to speak my mind.
    I’m not 100% sure, but I think that anyone or group that uses fear to sale a political, ideological, or religious point of view is clinically referred to as a WACKADOODLE. I believe that is from the latin “Wackus Doodlis” meaning those who have whacked their doodle once too often.
    If you don’t have the facts, deeds, and tenants to sway people over to your way of thinking then maybe..just maybe you might be wrong. Fear is a primitive emotion. It breeds and feeds irrational thought and irrational reactions. Do you really want people believing in god based on irrational thought? I do not believe Jesus would want followers brought unto him under fear. Dictators, despots, and the fear ridden themselves are the ones that use fear to convert. Not a group that I believe Christ would want to count himself a member of
    I use fear, like all of us do, in our haunted attractions. Fear is a basic, sometimes very beneficial part of the human make-up. It’s fun to take it out of the old emotional closet and run it around the block a little. Fear helps spark the imagination sometimes and is a great way to blow off steam when followed by laughter. However, when the haunted house closes down and the customers go home the fear valve is turned off, and the only thing the people carry with them is the fun and laughter. When fear is used to sale a series of beliefs, that fear valve is not turned off until the victim summits to the ideology being pushed, and sometimes the fear valve is never turned off again for these people. I believe that is psychological torture.
    So, Cackles, from one haunter to a former haunter do me a favor. If you feel the need to psychologically torture people to bring them to god, then please don’t rape our harmless amusement profession to do so. Just get out of the haunting business all together.

How about just water boarding the suckers until they believe in Jesus? Hey...wait a tick...maybe that is where baptism got it's start. So, maybe we should start referring to John the Baptist as John the Water Boarder? I think I'm on to something here. I need to call Dan Brown and Ron Howard. I'm gonna be rich!
    sigpic
    Louis Brown
    Owner, operator, and dish washer
    at
    DarkWood Manor

Comment

Maybe I worded that wrongly. I am not calling anyone here evil. Haunting is a great and fun thing to do, as long as you don't do what I did and let it take over your entire life. Another thing I might have worded wrongly: I do not intend to force people to accept Christ by scaring their pants off, I only want to show them how horrible Hell is, and invoke a desire not to go there themselves for real.

And I have no desire to open a Hellhouse. I want to open a Judgement House. here is a difference. This will explain it: https://judgementhouse.org/How-is-Ju...ent-_8_pg.html

Thank you for your advice, but I think I'm going to go ahead and do it. It feels like that is where God is pulling me. Like I said, I believe that we should use any means to get people to accept Christ as we can, as long as it is morally ethical. This might not be to many people, and I completely understand that. But I have my own beliefs, so please don't criticize me for them.
      http://hauntednightmare.homestead.com/

SOMETIMES NIGHTMARES HAPPEN WHEN YOU'RE AWAKE!!!

Comment

Hellhouse and JudgmentHouses are one in the same.

That's like me saying, "I'm not working at a haunted house, I'm working at a Spook House!"

The ultimate goal of a Judgmenthouse and Hellhouse is one in the same, to convert people to Christianity through use of horrific imagery and scenarios that are very real and often have nothing to do with someone's belief in a god or otherwise.

You're probably going to attack homosexuality too. You will have scenes depicting gay men and women going to hell for no reason other than the fact that they are gay.

I have homosexual actors in my haunt, they are some of my best, are they going to be going to hell?

You're probably going to dress up like a goth kid and represent a Satan worshiper too. You'll being saying almost outright that dressing in black and liking certain music will send you to hell.

You may not have meant it, but you saying that you are quitting haunt work to pursue fundamentalist fundraisers, "because god told you to" is a big slap in the face to every christian on this forum and anyone religious on here for that matter.

Being involved in the haunt industry is a way of life for most of the people on here. Are you going to tell the guys from Unit 70, and Scare Factory that they are not acting godly because they think about the haunt industry too much?

Whoever called your interest in the haunting industry an "addiction" is probably a close mind individual that has no idea why it is you do what you do.

Looking up costumes only shows you have a passion for costumes and costuming, you should pursue it. Any actor or athlete that takes their work seriously reviews video from previous years to better their skill. Nothing you were doing was atypical of someone that loves what they do and wants to improve. Hollywood effects artists look up crime scene photos and horrific images to soak in the detail and try to recreate it in their work, does that make them evil?

I think you have a very poor choice of words when addressing the community at this forum. You need to go join Judgment World forums now and refrain from aligning yourself with this one.

I'll leave you with this piece of legitimate advice, look up the top haunts in the nation and read about their owners and operators. Tell us if you think their "addiction" paid off.
        Last edited by EngineerofFear; 06-25-2009, 11:18 AM. Reason: typos because the OP is frustrating.

Comment

I agree with Allen and anyone else who mentioned that Cackles is young. I also think he is being influenced by those closest to him. In his first post, he says that he just got back from Church Camp and mentions talking to his Youth Leader. I think that reveals a lot about his age. He's likely reaching out for something he wasn't getting from this haunt community and home. I apologize in advance if I'm wrong, but in my experience, that is usually why young people turn to these groups.

Cackles, if you come back, please at least be aware that there's a poll currently taking place here about who's a Christian and who's not:

http://www.hauntworld.com/haunted_ho...ead.php?t=6095

As you can see, about 75% of those who have responded indicate that they are Christians while the other approximately 25% indicate they are not. That means that if the poll is a good representation of the members here (over 100 members have responded), about 3 out of every group of 4 people here are Christians. I just thought you should know, and I truly wish you only the best!

BarbieHaunt
          Friends Sold Separately
          (You Too Can Be Sold -
          Just Join Our Friends List!
          Obviously Kidding About Being Sold)

Actually, as explained previously in a thread we started, the silly name BarbieHaunt has absolutely nothing to do with Barbie dolls but was our private joke name because before the haunt's pink and blue styrofoam walls are hard coated and painted, it reminds us of a Barbie Dream Haunt.

Comment

Olde Time Basics-We all guilty!

2,000 or even 200 years ago many Christians worried about having any "Pagan Images" around them.(To be worshipped) Now we have SO MANY images around us on TV. Movies, computer screens, billboards of things we all "worship", new cars, foxy women (who we will never even get to say "Hi!" to, unless we dial 900-something)
            Does any preacher live like Jesus? Houses, phones, cars, a positive bank balance , these things are just So Nice (and so tempting! And necesarry to blend in with everyone else.)
            Add "Brain-Candy" booze and chemicals that should never be in our bloodstreams and worshiping of the pagan, immeadiate gratification gods runs wild.
            So if you obsessed awhile about Halloween costumes...it was such a minor vice, if a vice at all?
            When I was about to buy my house a local preacher called me and said he needed to talk with me.
            He wanted to warn me against using the evil imagery of the human skull!
            "The skull means "Death", "Poison", Satan, Evil....."
            I said I thought God made our skulls, it sure helps hold up our faces and keeps us out of the jellyfish family.
            Following this logic further, I guess nobody should have studied human anatomy?
            Should we all become Christian Scientists and avoid Doctors? (Except for broken bones, I was told, that's OK)
            THE absolutely BEST, number one way to influence another person...is by your own excellant positive example.

When my Cousin was a Policeman in Alabama a burglar was arrested and placed in a cell.
            Not long afterward a street beggar was put in the adjoining cell.
            The burglar informed all within hearing that he was "satan", then began quoting scripture .
            About this time the beggar let it be known that he was Jesus, and also began quoting scripture.
            My Cousin said it was very interesting and it was quite the debate!
            Both sides were effectively silenced by the knock-out dart gun because the other jailer got tired of hearing them ramble on.
            My Cousin could have enjoyed listening longer, she said.
            Are you the oldest child in your family? Often the first-born has all the rules dumped on them in simple terms of "Black" & "White", "Right" or "Wrong" with no mention of the shaded areas or what to do with them. If only life was so simple.
            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

I respect that you are feeling as strongly as you do. However, I often wonder how many people attend a haunt like this and are converted vrs turned off by having religion crammed down their throats. I think a "hellhaunt" could be a great way of converting people, but it would have to be done VERY VERY VERY well to avoid coming across as lame and annoying more than it converts. Instead of creating a haunt like that, how about continuing to work in the haunt industry and having a good, CHRISTIAN attitude around those you meet and work with and maybe you can continue to gather in a few sheep as you go. To me, you try to force feed 100 people your ideas and they are turned off. If you take the soft sell, maybe they will start to think "man that guy is cool, I want to be around him more...."
              www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

Comment

Faith in anything is a completely personal matter, it is a belief in something when there is no evidence to support it. It is walking when the path can not be seen. The very essence of faith is so intimate that when we quantify it we attach to it our own constructs on what it means to have faith. I have my own beliefs, they are my faith, they can never be yours, they are mine and mine alone, I own them. To have true faith one must own it, it can not be your fathers or mothers faith, that of your chosen religion or that of a pastor or close friend, it must be yours. Sure many things influence our faith but in the end, faith must be owned by you. This is why it is so hard to discuss religion with anyone because any derogatory word, real or perceived feels like a slight against you personally. For this reason I try not to tell someone what is and what isn't right for them on a public board and I leave my own questions of faith and religion to be discussed with my close friends and pastors.
                sigpic

Comment

Having attended the first hell house in denver many years ago and never returning I have a question.

How do you think it will convert people?

I see a whole other side of this issue. you are only going to get 1 group, the people that already argee with your stance and are going in support of therefore do not need converting.

Anyone who in your eyes needs to be converted or convinced to convert most likely wouldn't attend anyway because they do not want to feel the pressure that accompanies going. I myself went just to see what the big fuss was about since I am a haunter and it got such outcry from both sides. To me the rooms were done in a rather artful manner and I had no problems with them at all. My problem came at the end where you were all forced to pray and ask for forgiveness etc. to me that crossed the line and turned me off...not on to converting therefore never have gone back.

I have plenty of family and friends who I can talk to and get their stance on why they believe what they do and would be convinced to convert based off what they say not by spending $15 to go to a hellhouse.

I wish you luck in your endeavor!

Comment

Working...
                  X