Looking for a consultant to help with business plan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a consultant to help with business plan

A friend and I are thinking of going pro for the 2010 season, we would like to be prepared for that. Does anyone know a company or individual who can help with consulting and has experience creating business plans for haunted attractions? (we don't really need help with constructionaspect but we do need advice on zoning, permits, business plans, etc.) We would of course, be willing to pay for important knowledge like that. right now we just need someone to help us set up a business plan that would be valid for a haunted attraction.

Thanks!

-Paul

I would recommend reading Kelly Allen's book: "So You Want to be a Haunt Entrepreneur?" It talks about the business side of running and owning a haunt and would probably be a good first step. You can buy it online, google the name of the book and i'm sure it will come up.

~Natethegreat
    www.Fearoverload.com

Comment

Where are you located? It is real handy for your consultant to know the culture of your area. There are many across the country that can help. It really bothers me that any book superceeds on site advice so certainly be informed or suggestive but, if a book is a bible, you don't need any help.

A business plan in traditional form is a great series of questions about your local area, competitors, allies, different types of customers that might favor your haunt over others or other haunts over yours etc. Then making a marketing projection. One case study is not going to be a bible any more than taking a bicycle shop business plan and changing the words.
      sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

Ethan Turon from 100 Acres Manor is a great consultant. Try contacting them.

Jackie
        Rotting Flesh Radio Haunt Hottie
        “Happiness is the sublime moment when you step out of your corset at the end of the night.”

“Actors love mental disorders, dialects, and corsets. Give them one of the three and they're happy.”

Comment

Thanks everyone for all your help. I found another local haunt owner to help me out with this, and it seems he will be very helpful.

Comment

Business Plan Pro 11.0. It's at Office Depot, Staples, etc. Excellent program that will guide you right through the process. HIGHLY recommend it.
            Michael Inks
            Geist Entertainment, Inc.
            www.geistentertainment.com
            "If you can dream it, you can do it." - Walt Disney

Comment

Working...
            X