Claustrophobia?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Claustrophobia?

Does anyone know the material to use for a DIY Claustrophobia room? I have seen and loved this idea but the unit is pricy.

I would try landscaping fabric, but experiment on your own or ask a few individuals privately as opposed to asking to make a vendors product on a public forum. If it were tips on a pop up or common item then no one would mind, but the claustrophobia tunnel is still new and from one specific vendor. The ones who should have it should be the ones who are willing to pay to have it first.
    good luck in recreating it.
    www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

who makes it? I'm quite interested.

Comment

I actually designed a similar effect before either Ghostride (first exhibited it) or Oak Island (copied the effect, added a second version). I was going to use the material that is used for the kid's jump houses. The closest would be ripstop nylon.

Now you can build your own, but you will have to obtain the material and the fans (several hundred dollars each), then you need someone with an industrial machine that can sew it together, you will also have to expect to do it a time or two to get it right so you will have the additional cost of time and material....or you can just buy it and you know it works...your choice!
        R&J Productions
        Las Vegas, NV
        www.LasVegasHaunts.com

Comment

oak island sells the material as well. Look under black out material.

Comment

Do a google search. I remember reading an article where someone built one for their office Halloween party last year.

Comment

Xtreme,

I don't think the B/O fabric and the tunnel fabric are the same. The B/O fabric is a PVC coated fabric while the tunnel is like a tear resistant nylon, like ALOT of modern inflatables.

You could try it though... what would it hurt? -Tyler
              Chris Riehl
              Sales@spookyfinder.com
              (586)209-6935
              www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Claustraphobia

Contact me @ 4wheel4fun@live.com. I built 1 last year. Inexpensive, and everyone wants it in the house again this year.

Comment

[QUOTE The ones who should have it should be the ones who are willing to pay to have it first.
                  [/QUOTE]

So well put! Enough said!!!

Comment

Originally posted by skullman View Post
                    [QUOTE The ones who should have it should be the ones who are willing to pay to have it first.

So well put! Enough said!!!
                    BOO. Invalid statement. As frugal as many of the lower budgeted haunts are, the ones who should have it are the ones who are willing to make it work on their own terms. Be that buy it, make it, whatever. I'm all for finding ways to make overly priced items work on my budget!!
                    O'Shawn McClendon
                    Creative Chair -- Operator: Cayce-West Columbia Hall of Horrors

One mans junk is another mans kick-ass new prop...

http://www.hallofhorrors.com

http://twitter.com/hallofhorrors

http://cwchallofhorrors.blogspot.com

http://www.youtube.com/hallofhorrors

http://www.myspace.com/cwcjc_hallofhorrors

Comment

. I know when I was talking to them about the different blackout materials he was describing the materials and their thickness. The one thin material If I remember correctly he said it was the same as the claustrophoba material. Anyhow, does not hurt to give them a call.

Thanks
                      Last edited by xtremecreator; 06-23-2009, 09:14 PM.

Comment

pvc material works well

We built one last year that was made out of the pvc type material. It is thicker but is very washable. If a customer vomits in one built with the nylon material it will be tough to clean and will shut it down for the night.

Ours was designed by me and the local canvas repair shop sewed it for us. They were really intrigued by it and did a great job with it. We gave them tickets to come through and really enjoyed going through their work.

The difference we did with ours is that it is in a "J" shape. Don't know of any that are in the config as ours. All I have heard about have been straight through, including one that is 40 feet long that I saw. It really freaks out the customers first to enter it, then to have to turn twice to get out. Many actually drop to their knees and crawl out.

As for the idea of paying the price, I know of many big houses that build nearly all their own effects without buying them.
                        Brett Molitor (aka ~ JamBam) Member of HAA

Haunted Hotel-13th Floor (est by Huntington Jaycees in 1968 8) )
                        Longest running Haunted House in the WORLD!!

Hysterium Haunted Asylum (old Haunted Cave), Fort Wayne Indiana

Hysterium Escapes - 4 rooms with 3 themes

www.HauntedHuntington.com

www.facebook.com/hauntedhotel

www.Hysterium.com

www.facebook.com/HysteriumFtWayne

www.hysteriumescapes.com

www.facebook.com/hysteriumescapes

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X