No announcement yet.

Tradeshows: the other side....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You need something to grab their attention. Flashing lights and MOVING ITEMS
    That rotating disco colored ball from radio Shack or Spencer's Gifts set up around 7' off the ground near the back of you booth to draw thier attention and eye contact from you and a friendly smile. A Hi, howdy, or hello goes a long way when your willing to make first contact. Don't be aggressive but let them know you see them and they will be welcome stopping at your booth.

Attract: Lights & signs
    Greet: Hi, Howdy, Hello
    Welcome: Would you like to see our "item"
    Pitch: what does do that they HAVE to have it at their place.
    Sell: "How many would you want to order today?"
    http://www.myspace.com/joedog158
    Personal MySpace

My Mottos:
    When in doubt, get the hell out - Jason Hawes

Of all the things I have taught you, remember this:
    If you see me running, KEEP UP! - Joe Dog

Comment

Or you could do like I once saw at Transworld, have a pnuematic person positioned to knock someone walking passed your booth right down to the ground!
      Well, nobody was stopping at his booth, he had to do something!
      I don't think she bought anything though.
      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Since booth size was one of your questions, I would try not to get locked in to one size. While 8x10 and 10x10 are the most common layouts in shows, there is also 8x6 and 8x8. Added to that, sometimes a show will change. THis is the 4tyh year for MHC and we have had 3 different booth sizes all based on the layout of the area we have available. So, in short, make your booth flexible.

Comment

So what you are saying Barry is that it expands or contracts according to need ?
          You expand it to attract more attention, shrink it back down when you really might not feel a need to have it larger?
          "Size" does matter?
          If your booth doesn't shrink back down after three days...call a Doctor?
          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

My booth would expand to 10'x15' and then when the guy came around to get the booth fee it would be 5'x3'.
            sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

Ok - Followed your link to see WHAT it is that you are selling - Artwork. That's cool. You need LARGE prints of your work displayed all over your booth. Maybe a 'Before and After' shot of how your work has helped someone make a better presentation. As you wouldn't need a 'catalog' a tri fold flier is probably your most cost effecient. In this case, simple 'freebies' like pens or pencils with your web addy on them would be logical. You don't want to hand out things that would generate more business for someone else. While I know I'm in the total minority around here - I personally would NOT want to see some "Hottie" in your booth unless she was one of your artists. Hot chicks modeling costumes only works if you are SELLING the costumes. As a female, I tend to find the bleach blonde airhead who knows NOTHING about the product to be offencive.

As you do not have a large amount of actual product to display, you may want to go with the smallest available booth to save on costs - at least for the first year.

That's just my two cents.
              ------------------------
              The child is grown, the dream is gone.
              I have become comfortably numb.

Comment

Bleach Blond Hotties must under go weeks of pre Transworld breifing sessions sometimes 20 hours long for weeks like spy training. They must have a back story and be able to repeat it backwards and forwards.

Show them Scarlette's picture and advise them of their special mission. If they are caught you will disavow any knowledge that they are a part of your team. They may find themselves out in front of the convention center in 20 degree temperatures and a 50 mile per hour wind.

Syrcronize watches.
                sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback, it has all been very helpfull. I think I will be doing freebie stickers or something that I can actually put some art or logo on.

Thanks Again
                  -PH
                  www.HauntGraphics.com

Comment

LOL! Greg, I'm not that bad! I just get annoyed by useless pieces of fluff who can't answer questions about the product.
                    ------------------------
                    The child is grown, the dream is gone.
                    I have become comfortably numb.

Comment

You overlooked the concept of selling the "Hotties" themselves.
                      Well, some of us can dream......dream that we could afford.....
                      ... that new mask!
                      I am sure if an attractive young woman works numerous trade shows she knows that most of them are really "Geek Conventions".
                      They must learn to hide the look of pity as we stumble and fumble and drool trying to find the words to express what we might be feeling,...like ..."Hi!"
                      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
                      X