Ultimate Fear Haunted House

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultimate Fear Haunted House

After a few years of not openning a haunt, I'm pleased to announce that the Ultimate Fear Haunted House will be re-openning for the 2009 season!

We have moved from Longview, TX to Shreveport, LA and are now residing in a 12,000 sq.ft. building in the heart of the old downtown district.

As it sits right now, we are looking at our event sitting around 7,500- 8,000 sq.ft.

We have just recently signed our lease agreement, and are now moving everything into our building. As the weeks go on, I will post pics of our setup, and whatever else happens in the building.

2009 is shaping up to be a very great year for me and my business partner!!!

Website is coming soon.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by brad; 06-23-2009, 04:37 PM.
    Brad Bowen
    Owner/Operator of the Ultimate Fear Haunted House in Shreveport, LA
    www.ultimatefear.net

Congradulations man! Beautiful building!
    Can't wait to see what you do with it!
    Zach Wiechmann
    www.frontyardfright.com

Comment

The building is supposed to be over 100 years old, and one very creepy area in the building is a set of bathrooms in the farthest, darkest corner. They were segregated bathrooms used back in the 50's and 60's.

Seeing them as they are, it is pretty creepy. But then knowing what they were used for, makes them especially creepy!!!
      Attached Files
      Last edited by brad; 07-13-2009, 01:26 AM.
      Brad Bowen
      www.ultimatefear.net

Comment

congrats and best of luck... please keep us updated with pictures!
        Mike Quill
        Fear Town Haunted House

Comment

Good move on the locationiony. Good luck!
          sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

Locat-ee-ohneey.
            sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

Thanks a lot guys. I wanted to stay in the Longview area for a few years, and then consider moving to Shreveport or somewhere else, but this opportunity came up that I couldnt pass up!
              Brad Bowen
              www.ultimatefear.net

Comment

Must say I'm a bit envious!! Best of luck...awesome locale!!!
                O'Shawn McClendon
                Creative Chair -- Operator: Cayce-West Columbia Hall of Horrors

One mans junk is another mans kick-ass new prop...

http://www.hallofhorrors.com

http://twitter.com/hallofhorrors

http://cwchallofhorrors.blogspot.com

http://www.youtube.com/hallofhorrors

http://www.myspace.com/cwcjc_hallofhorrors

Comment

Looks awesome Brad... I'm so happy for you! Remember, if you need ANY help what-so-ever, I'm just a phone call away! -Tyler
                  Chris Riehl
                  Sales@spookyfinder.com
                  (586)209-6935
                  www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Awesome! Looking forward to the pictures...

- Ryan

Blood Lake Haunted House & Haunts of Richmond Ghost Tours
                    www.bloodlakeva.com www.hauntsofrichmond.com
                    Located in Richmond, VA

Comment

Brad,

That's a great looking building, especially the facade.

Being out of it for a few years, could you briefly say how are you going to get started? What's your thought process going in?

Thanks,
                      Shawn

Comment

My haunt is in Shreveport as well! Of course we havent opened since 2007, but still, haha, we will be opening again in 2010!

I think I have seen that location, and I am very close to it if it is where I think it is!

I WILL be coming to check the haunt out this year!

-Zack
                        www.shreddershalloweenscreampark.com
                        INSANITY SCREAM PARK

Comment

Originally posted by Nightgore View Post
                          Looks awesome Brad... I'm so happy for you! Remember, if you need ANY help what-so-ever, I'm just a phone call away! -Tyler
                          I'll deffinately keep in touch with you man. I might have a question here and there.

Thanks!!!
                          Brad Bowen
                          www.ultimatefear.net

Comment

Originally posted by shawnc View Post
                            Brad,

That's a great looking building, especially the facade.

Being out of it for a few years, could you briefly say how are you going to get started? What's your thought process going in?

Thanks,
                            Shawn
                            Well Shawn, I've had this planned out since after October '06. We ran the haunt that year and were a lot more successful than I thought we would be. So, I started planning for '07, and I bought a bunch of stuff at TW, etc., etc. We weren't able to open up in '07 for a few reasons, so
                            I started planning for this year. Because of my job, there wouldnt be any way to open last year.

We are taking things one step at a time. We didnt rush into anything this year. We discovered the builing the day I drove to St. Louis for TW, and we are just now signing the lease. So that might give you an idea of how long we purposefully took to cover every avenue- permitting, inspections, expenses, etc., etc.

Now that we are in the location and its building time, we are inviting the fire marshall and the building inspectors in regularly, so they can see how well we are building everything, so that they can gain more trust in us.

And thats where we are now. I still have some ideas set for the coming months, but I'll let those play out when the time comes.

Until then.........
                            Last edited by brad; 07-13-2009, 01:30 AM.
                            Brad Bowen
                            www.ultimatefear.net

Comment

Originally posted by shredman View Post
                              My haunt is in Shreveport as well! Of course we havent opened since 2007, but still, haha, we will be opening again in 2010!

I think I have seen that location, and I am very close to it if it is where I think it is!

I WILL be coming to check the haunt out this year!

-Zack
                              www.shreddershalloweenscreampark.com
                              Oh, I didnt realize there was one here in '07. What part of town was it in?
                              Brad Bowen
                              www.ultimatefear.net

Comment

Working...
                              X