Report of haunts in Niagra Falls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Report of haunts in Niagra Falls

We visited 4 haunts at Niagra Falls. Being a haunt owner is always difficult going through any attraction, but I had my 14 year old son with me and I really wanted to see the haunts, so disregarding Larrys suggestion to avoid them, we went. We hit Frankensteins Castle, Screamers, Nightmares, and Draculas Castle. All the haunts had 1-2 actors inside and almost all of them liked to do this weird little growl/scream. I found most of them to be OK and most would have been terrifying for a mortal. Much of the time was spent in the pitch black with an occasional scene here and there. I am a bit concerned because a couple of them had steps or a slightly raised step that I can see someone twisting an ankle or hurting their knee. Was I angry at the $ I spent, no. Did I pick up any ideas, yes 1-2. Would this type of haunt be able to go up in October in my area and charge $20 a person? No. All in all it was NOT a waste of time, and the haunts were actually better than I thought they would be....
    www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

I do think they are an entertaining way to spend time while in Niagara, and they aren't so terrifying that most kids can go through. I'm glad you enjoyed yourself!

Do they still drop the ceiling on you at Nightmares? That used to be an entertaining part.
    Katie Lane
    Partner/VP
    Raven's Wolf Art Productions (www.ravens-wolf.com)
    sigpic

Bansheette Morningstar (www.bansheette.com)

Comment

Yes ceiling was dropped and they do touch a bit. An ankle grab here and there etc....

Comment

If you like black walls some of those haunts you talked about would be the best in the nation! LOL

Some of those haunts grab you and touch you.. I went with a guy once and he got picked up and shaked and he took offense to it so they ejected him. I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

You spent like $40 bucks to go through those haunts... you should have saved that money and did the wax museums. I would agree that the wax museums in Niagara are top notch. There is also a Ghost Blaster dark ride there if you like those.

Larry
        Larry Kirchner
        President
        www.HalloweenProductions.com
        www.BlacklightAttractions.com
        www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
        www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

The best attraction in Niagara is MAID OF THE MIST that was cool!

Larry
          Larry Kirchner
          President

Comment

Actually, was funny, they really did not go over any rules as most normal haunts do. We did attend the wax museum and mmmmmehh, just OK. I mean the Joker figure out on the street was AMAZING as was Captain Jack and Will Turner, but those were the best ones they had, which is why they put em out on the street on display? Miley Cyrus was not even close and only a few characters looked close enough that you could tell what they were witout reading the sign.
            We did do the dark ride, "shoot the ghosts thing and that was kinda cool as was the black light golf.
            Maid of the Mist was VERY cool, but then again, we are comparing the skills of man as creator against God, and God will win every time.

Comment

Do they still have the torture chamber in the wax museum? That was always entertaining and the sets were pretty nice.
              Katie Lane
              Partner/VP
              Raven's Wolf Art Productions (www.ravens-wolf.com)
              sigpic

Bansheette Morningstar (www.bansheette.com)

Comment

No, not that I recall. They did have quite a few pieces of torture devices in the Ripleys Museum tho....

Comment

Ron,

Did you visit both wax places? You must have visited Madamm T. that one isn't half as good as the other one which also has a haunted house, and a mirror maze.

Larry
                  Larry Kirchner
                  President

Comment

Larry

Those haunts are the best, I like black walls. Besides having stuff in your haunt just gets in the way. Maybe you should de a few black halls yourself Larry and clear out some of those props. Then do a tour for us at Transworld. Think about it if you get rid of about 90% of the stuff you have noone will be stopping to look at stuff and holding up the line and then you won't have to hear complaints on the message board. Plus it won't be as stressfull on you trying to get stuff done in 3 months for a bunch of haunters. Less stress = longer, happier life. I know you like this idea, trust me you will be a whole new person.
                    Jared Layman

Comment

I went to Niagra Falls about 10 years ago for a family vacation. I didn't go into any of the haunts because I didn't have a job yet (only 14). But we did go into the wax museum and maid of the mist. That was awesome! Next time I go back I probably will go through the haunts. The outsides looked pretty cool. I guess it's cheap entertainment
                      ~Bill Mlinac
                      The Deadland Haunted House
                      www.facebook.com/Deadlandhauntedhouse
                      www.Thedeadland.comsigpic

Comment

Niagra Haunts

Well I went to Nightmares Fear Factory in Niagra which was proclaimed "The scariest thing ever" and it really wasn't. It was too short, They had few actors and it was just dark. House of Frankenstien was actually cool and scary. YOu actually saw things and the actors really got us off guard. I honestly dont think they are worth the big money to enter. Screamers was the worst though.... The only really scary thing was "Tony Toung" and some thing licks your ankles. Over all they are OKAY but not professional quality. GO to the wax museums. Those are high quality and the horror section of it is quite creepy. Just try and avoid the haunts if your looking for high quality entertainment. The fact that they touch you is cool though I will admit, Makes things a little more intense
                        Last edited by The Forsaken Crypt; 06-26-2009, 07:32 AM.
                        Matthew Colton
                        Frightworld America's Screampark
                        http://www.frightworld.com/

Comment

Working...
                        X