Transformers / Land of the Lost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transformers / Land of the Lost

I fell asleep during Transformers. Yes he Special Effects are super cool but the movie overall I thought sucked. It was LLLLOOOONNNNGGGG so long that it become BORING! Then you have those two army guys back for this movie and I'm like what you are doing here they seemed like distractions to the movie. The movie almost seems like the same thing over and over again. Again the special effects are cool but the movie itself wasn't so great. We are taking the same charactors from the same movie the mom, dad, girlfriend FOX, the army guys, blah, blah and putting them all into another robot movie. They could have gone with all new actors in a new situation and that probably would have been better... I didn't like the movie. I give it a C just for the special effects.

Land of the Lost: Saw this movie and this movie is just outright funny. If you ever liked the show as a kid you'll dig this film! As a fan of the kids show I am not happy they made some over the top comedy because the show was serious but oh well... I liked it all the same. It was very creative and my kids thought it was the BOMB they loved it.

Taking of Phelem 123... SKIP IT! HORRIBLE!

Overall I think Star Trek was the best movie this summer with Terminator second place.

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Btw second guess taking your kids to see it the movie is FILLED with profane language, dogs having sex and even racial sterotypes... all stuff that made no freakin sense to the movie. There was even a scene that didn't make any sense where the mother gets a weed brownie and acts high for like 10 minutes they chase her around a college campus while he's high. There is a LOT and I mean a LOT of bad words in the movie.

I was kinda shocked because I thought it was a kids movie.

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President

Comment

Larry Land of the Lost was easily one of the worst movies I've seen in my life along with Year One. Both of those prehistoric movies felt like they were made for prepubescent teens and they've been getting horrible reviews online. People were actually walking about of the theater 30 mintues before both of those movies ended. Will Ferell's career has gone down the drain and Land of the Lost has hardly made any money at the box office. Below are the advance screenings I have seen this year and their grades.

Observe and Report-B
      17 Again-C+
      Terminator Salvation-B-
      Year One-D+
      Land of the Lost-D
      The Hangover-A
      My Life In The Ruins-C+
      Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen-C-
      Drage Me To Hell-B+
      My Sister's Keeper-A
      Earth-C
      Phelem 123-C+

I'm lucky living in Cincinnati since they have 2-3 movie screenings a week.
      Spooky Wishes
      Noah

City Blood: Ohio, Kentucky & Indiana's #1 Haunt Site!

http://www.ohioshaunted.com

Comment

Well,

Transformers as a film overall lacked a TON. The story wasn't fully developed much like Pirates 3. It just tried to cram too much together in one film.

As for Land of the Lost, I grew up with the original show and even survived the relaunch of the show in the late 90s, but the film wasn't the best. Not at all but I agree with Larry, it was funny and enjoyable to watch. Made me laugh and helped me at least escape into a fun film just to watch.

"The Original Haunt Industry, Halloween and Horror Podcast"
        http://rfrpodcast.com

COSTUMES FOR KIDS
        "Bringing Halloween to Disabled and Less Fortunate Children"
        http://www.costumesforkids.net

Comment

Getting back to Land of the Lost...

The movie doesn't really follow the TV show because the TV show was not a comedy. The sleestack or however you spell it wasn't some lizard army that should be laughed at they were serious.

Even so I thought Land of the Lost was a GOOD MOVIE for WHAT IT WAS... yeah it was over the top SILLY, it was the three stooges goes back in time. If you like the Three Stooges you'll love Land of the Lost.

Me personally I take a movie for what it is, I don't compare Land of the Lost to Batman Dark Knights to Terms of Enderment. Not fair. I think Land of the Lost is what it is a SILLY slapstick comedy.

Was it funny? Was it original in the jokes... I thought so!

I will tell you out of all the movies my kids have seen this summer Land of the Lost was their favorite one... they never stopped laughing.

Larry
          Larry Kirchner
          President

Comment

Best Movie this year for me was......

Drum Roll Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee..... My Bloody Valentine it was just a downright gory movie and it kept me confused as to who the killer was! Shane and its Drag Me To Hell made me feel like I was in hell it blew a big one! Shane this time.
            sigpic

Comment

Of course you liked it Larry since your kids were cracking up the entire time. You enjoyed seeing them smile and have a good time. The kind of humor in that movie is meant for kids, but if you saw it in a theater by yourself with a bunch of adults you would have hated it as much as me. Oh yeah you forgot about the swinging Transformer testicles, but in the movie they say scrotum.
              Spooky Wishes
              Noah

City Blood: Ohio, Kentucky & Indiana's #1 Haunt Site!

http://www.ohioshaunted.com

Comment

Yeah I did forget that one... you are right that was just uncalled for because its suppose to be a kids movie. I hate the director is blows!

As for LOTL no I don't agree... I liked the movie I thought it was cool!

I laughed myself. I would see it again. Its a silly comedy and the special effects where awesome, it was funny. Award winner the next Caddyshack no but was it cool, was it funny, was it a cool movie for kids hell yeah.

Larry
                Larry Kirchner
                President

Comment

Well I haven't seen all those movies. Some of them I had already planned on renting them and some I had planned on seeing in theaters like transformers which I no longer will because of what you guys said. Land of the lost i think Im gonna rent. Out of the movies I saw I give them these ratings:

Drag me to hell- B+
                  Star Trek- A
                  Terminator- A
                  Observe and report- A ( I though it was hilarious)

I'm kinda disappointed about Pelham because I was really excited for that one. I didn't even want to see Year One, I though it looked stupid and Land of the Lost looked OK, I still like Ferrel especially in Step Brothers.

Comment

Before I would see any of these films I would go and see Star Trek again for the fifith time.

Comment

"MOON" is a cool little $5.000.000.00 film worth seeing. All miniatures......NO CGI!

Comment

My best movies of the summer ranked...

1) Star Trek
                        2) Terminator
                        3) Fast and Furious
                        4) Wolverine
                        5) Land of the Lost
                        6) Transformers

If you want to call a spade a spade there hasn't been any really awesome movies out this year. Wolverine was kinda good and i kinda sucked. Transforers was kinda good and it kinda sucked. Star Trek simply rocked. Terminator I loved it some didn't... I didn't see some of the other movies like Hangover or whatever. I'll have to check that out. But don't see that Phellem 123 that movie sucked hard.

The next movie on my list at this point is GI JOE... that looks like it will suck but we'll see.

Larry
                        Larry Kirchner
                        President

Comment

When DID Will Farrell have a career anyway, or a good one at least? That guy is so not funny and tries too hard and it's just childish humor. He does interviews and he's trying so hard and sounds like a kid....

Darkangel

PS: Sorry to hear Transformers sucked I loved the first one...

Comment

Will Farrell is awesome! Big movies Taledega Nights, Step Brothers, Old School. All these movies were good. If you dont like his humor then your missing something. I laughed through Land of the Lost. My kids really liked it. Was it the greatest movie ever or even this summer? No but it was alot of fun! They could have left the sleestak out and it would have been better. They were just stupid in this. In the original tv show they seemed scarier. But that was when I was a kid. I watched an old episode on utube the other day and couldnt remember it being so cheesy. I would go see Land of the Lost again because I missed the first ten minutes. And then getting snacks and bathroom breaks for my kids I missed alot!
                            Damon
                            Damon Carson

Comment

Damon,

Some people like his movies and find him funny, but more and more do not. Some people think Robin Williams s funny, others find him annoying trying too hard like Farrell.

Comment

Working...
                              X