No announcement yet.

2010 haunt update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok more news, things are looking great for the 2010 season.

First, we have decided to have two attractions instead of one, This is due to a number of reasons but the main one is we have two different ideas we really like to use.

Info: The 2 haunts will be in a 6,000 square feet building, but one of the attractions has an add on freestanding portion of it, and the other has a huge graveyard and outdoor maze.

Haunt 1: will be about 5,000 square feet and will be all different scares.
    Haunt 2: Will be about 7,000 square feet and will be a Haunted Hotel.

More info soon
    INSANITY SCREAM PARK

Comment

haunt

How old are you - 12- your post are like driving by a freakin car wreck -you don' t want to look but you have to - you building a 15 foot haunt would be a miracle much less a 5000 foot haunt - didn't last year it take you a week to put up two shitty walls on a walking trail -and when people tried to give you some advice you said someting along the lines of you have a pipeline to a "professioal builder" and the very next post was "the rain washed my walls away I give up for this year" We had the same thing happen to us several years ago except instead of two walls and rain it was the whole hayride - and a hurricane 2 nights before opening spread 90 percent of the hayride over 15 acres of trail- we worked around the clock soaking wet and covered in mud most of the time and opened one day late -we didn't do anything amazing we just did what we had to do to make things work we didn't quit- you are like -this is my last year -well maybe next year is my last year well maybe next year is not my last year - nobody gives a shit except the other 12 year olds on here -but if you hang in there and get the job done good luck - I just don't see it happening
      Aven

Comment

zack you need to open a haunt this year.
        stop thinking your gonna open 2 haunted house at 5,000 and 7,000 square feet your first year when your the age that you are.
        I support you all the way, but i cant keep seeing you fail.
        PLease dont take this as an insult, i respect your ambition too much to sit back and let you do this.
        Lets make it happen this year!

FIRST- you will not get any or many sponsors in this economic time. I talked to every lumber yard, every business, every thing. What i learned is that all the companies are either about to go bankrupt, or they are on corporate lockdown and corporate wont let them make any donations or sponsorships. plus even if a company is doing sponsorships, they are doing none to first year events, even if the economic times were good.
        So stop sending out sponsorship letters left and right (JUST FOR NOW)

SECOND - dont pay for a building! You need to call up some local charities and find one that you really admire and that is well known. Then you can realize that your doing this haunt for someone other than your self and that you need to get something done this year. Then sit down with any body you know that can contribute money, let it be family, friends, anythings. Tell them that you are running a haunted house for a charity and express that you need money to get going. from there look around at buildings, and find one of any size, dosent matter, the bigger the better. Call the owner up - DO NOT CALL THE REALITY COMPANY! - then ask them if they have no prospective tennates, would they be willing to donate the building for just a short time to run a charity event! Without breaking a sweat we got a 6,000 square foot warehouse and a 40,000 square foot building this way!

THIRD - find out how much money you got to work with. Now go back to all the lumber yards in the area and follow up with them about the sponsorship. Tell them that this time you are not looking for a cash or supplies donation you are looking for a discount, and that you are doing the haunt for a charity now. So now say that you have $5000 to start, this now means that you can buy like $7000 in lumber from these places with all the discounts your bound to get.

Now just design a smaller, MORE CREATIVE AND CHEAPER HAUNT and start building and painting!
        You need to get away from the mind set that your in right now- and go out there and start building, cause idc if you have the money, you cant physically build a 5,000 and 7,000 square foot haunt over your summer break, im not bashing you, im just explaining that with the experience and time that you have, its just not physicaly possible. i wish I could build 2 haunts that size over my summer break, but i can not! and i have a team of 6 people every day. We could build 50,000 wall panels. But do you actually know how long it takes to paint one? and how long it takes to build props for the whole thing- its crazy, and your in over your head.

My advice is mearly a guidline. Dont come back at me in a negative way.
        Im trying to help. Because you have so much passion, but you need to wake and see everything realistically.
        Owner of The Fear Experience Haunted House in Cleveland, Ohio, voted the #1 haunted house in Ohio, and #14 in America by Funtober. The Fear Experience Haunted House was called the premier haunted attraction in northeast ohio by cleveland.com and #1 in cleveland by metromix.

Comment

but now that i read your post i see where your getting at, but if you would have actually read my posts, it says 2010 HAUNT UPDATE

which means not this year, next year

but now youve made me wish i hadent delayed it
          INSANITY SCREAM PARK

Comment

Nick that is some great creative advice. It should really help Zack out as long as he takes some of it in.

"Accept that some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the statue."

Comment

Thank you, i hope he does.
              Hes got so much ambition.
              Owner of The Fear Experience Haunted House in Cleveland, Ohio, voted the #1 haunted house in Ohio, and #14 in America by Funtober. The Fear Experience Haunted House was called the premier haunted attraction in northeast ohio by cleveland.com and #1 in cleveland by metromix.

Comment

Nick if I do one this year then i couldnt make it much at all i am on a really tight budget and am extremely low on time.
                INSANITY SCREAM PARK

Comment

i think you need to do what you can, so you can tell how difficult it would be to actually build something the size you are talking about.
                  And i dont see why your budget would be much bigger a few months from now.

Comment

maybe because theres other ways to make money...

Im about to get a ton...
                    INSANITY SCREAM PARK

Comment

whatever you would like to do.

Comment

Hmmmm...

Allzzz I have to say is "the proof is in the pudding". I personally CAN'T WAIT to see whatever you are able to throw together this season. Or next. Or next. WHENEVER. Do you have a site yet for your new attraction?
                        O'Shawn McClendon
                        Creative Chair -- Operator: Cayce-West Columbia Hall of Horrors

One mans junk is another mans kick-ass new prop...

http://www.hallofhorrors.com

http://twitter.com/hallofhorrors

http://cwchallofhorrors.blogspot.com

http://www.youtube.com/hallofhorrors

http://www.myspace.com/cwcjc_hallofhorrors

Comment

Originally posted by shredman View Post
                          maybe because theres other ways to make money...

Im about to get a ton...
                          How are you about to get a ton of money? If it's legal, please let us in on it, so that we can make a separate ton for ourselves, unless it has something to do with selling energy drinks through facebook. We could all use the extra money in this economy.

BarbieHaunt
                          Friends Sold Separately
                          (You Too Can Be Sold -
                          Just Join Our Friends List!
                          Obviously Kidding About Being Sold)

Actually, as explained previously in a thread we started, the silly name BarbieHaunt has absolutely nothing to do with Barbie dolls but was our private joke name because before the haunt's pink and blue styrofoam walls are hard coated and painted, it reminds us of a Barbie Dream Haunt.

Comment

Originally posted by BarbieHaunt View Post
                            ...unless it has something to do with selling energy drinks through facebook. We could all use the extra money in this economy.
                            aahahahahahah!! God, I needed that one.
                            O'Shawn McClendon
                            Creative Chair -- Operator: Cayce-West Columbia Hall of Horrors

One mans junk is another mans kick-ass new prop...

http://www.hallofhorrors.com

http://twitter.com/hallofhorrors

http://cwchallofhorrors.blogspot.com

http://www.youtube.com/hallofhorrors

http://www.myspace.com/cwcjc_hallofhorrors

Comment

selling houses
                              INSANITY SCREAM PARK

Comment

how do you sell them when nobody can buy right now?
                                Drew and Shane
                                www.deadenddungeon.com

Comment

Working...
                                X