2010 haunt update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010 haunt update

Well as a lot of you know, this will be our second year not opening, and we are sad about that.

We began planning for our 2010 haunt today and things are ALREADY coming together for it, and we think that this will be the year for us to finally open to the public again!

Today we thought of several ideas,

1st off, we have found the location we would like to be using, it would be perfect for us, although it is huge and would take forever to fill up, we are going to be starting this early, and will definately have it finished by October of 2010.
    The building is 6000 square feet, and also has nearly three acres of open land for us to use, so we hope we can have a corn maze or something, and where it is, we think we might just be able to if we get this building, we are VERY hopeful that we get this building.

2nd, We made a floor plan of what the attraction will look like if we get this location, and it looks pretty awesome!

Starting this early, we can make sure that we do not hold off until it is too late.

Your opinions would be appreciated.

-Zack Cooper
    www.shreddershalloweenscreampark.com
    INSANITY SCREAM PARK

Congrats man!!!!

Just keep following your dreams of doing this and never give up. Never let anything push you down.

You're probably gonna have some pitfalls between now and October 2010, but keep your head held high!
    Brad Bowen
    Owner/Operator of the Ultimate Fear Haunted House in Shreveport, LA
    www.ultimatefear.net

Comment

Thanks, A lot!
      Yeah, we operated for the first time in 2003, and did all the way through 2007, but had to take a break in 2008 and now this year, glad to be back and operating next year! And glad another attraction is in shreveport!

-Zack Cooper
      www.shreddershalloweenscreampark.com
      Last edited by shredman; 06-24-2009, 06:44 PM.
      INSANITY SCREAM PARK

Comment

Alright guys I have more news!

We are pretty likely to get the building we want. If we get the building, we will be in it by January, and will begin constructing wall panels and such.

Over the past 10 days, we have basically just been planning the haunt and working on the layout. We will begin searching for 2010 sponsors in October.

Thats basically all so far
        INSANITY SCREAM PARK

Comment

Zach,

sounds like youve got things goin for you.

Sanitarium is also doing the same thing, we started planning December of 2008, but will not open until 2010.

Weve already began prop construction, bought a bunch of new lighting, and are currently planning new, stronger wall panels to aquire more of a beating.

2007 we got around 2,000 in attendance, and were expecting around the same in 2008, but 2008 we ended up getting close to 5,000.

Being a home haunt, that is a huge number for us.

We started out decorating our porch and whatnot, and eventually got too many props, and too many people wanting to scare.

so we built out first haunt in 2007.

2010 we will nearly double the size. It will be almost 4,000 square feet.

we will be doing TONS more advertising, as weve got plenty of time to save up for a bigger budget.

were hoping to get an excess of 8,000 people in 2010, thats why we are planning out the haunt and making it alot stronger, so it will become safe enough to handle that many people if not more.

2011 will be my senior year, and i will hopefully be taking this thing pro then.

best of luck Zach!

Austin White
          Sanitarium Haunted House
          Skidduhlicious

Comment

Sounds awesome man. Good luck! Yeah, well unfortunately we are discussing possible 2010 being our last year
            INSANITY SCREAM PARK

Comment

Shredman, why is 2010 gonna be your last year?
              Brad Bowen
              Owner/Operator of the Ultimate Fear Haunted House in Shreveport, LA
              www.ultimatefear.net

Comment

Well, it may not, but it may be, There's a lot of things going on in my family, and its putting a ton of stress on me, also, it ultimately depends on one thing, we are extremely low on funds and money right now, and if we don't make a certain amount, we just can't.
                INSANITY SCREAM PARK

Comment

More news, well today we will be sending out about ten sponsorship letters, to which some companies have already accepted,

we are also making layout plans on some of the rooms we plan on using, no matter if we get the building or not.

all for now, lots coming later
                  INSANITY SCREAM PARK

Comment

I wish you the best of luck! I hope I can get a team who is so willing to work on the haunt.
                    ~Jon-Kyle Bailey
                    Campbellsville, KY

Comment

wait what?

Ok we sent 11 sponsorship letters today, and hopefully they will accept.
                      INSANITY SCREAM PARK

Comment

Ok some news

One final name change. Due to serious complications with another haunt, we will now be known as Insanity Haunted House, we will not be changing names again I promise haha.

Also, we have been sending out sponsorship letters left and right yesterday and today, so far, we have sent 11, and mode around 30, we will be sending about 6 tomorrow.

In Mid to Late August we will begin getting serious about planning, and will start working on a brand new, and freakin awesome website.
                        INSANITY SCREAM PARK

Comment

Ok I promised, but lets forget i did, I have to change the name one final time, theres just so many good names that are taken. As of now, i have not decided what our name will be.
                          INSANITY SCREAM PARK

Comment

as of now i still havent decided, but i am thinking either

Nightmares house of fear (thanks nightgore)
                            or
                            Havoc house
                            or maybe
                            Fear Inn Haunted hotel
                            INSANITY SCREAM PARK

Comment

Today Im thinking Nightmares house of fear
                              or
                              Fear Inn Haunted Hotel
                              INSANITY SCREAM PARK

Comment

Working...