X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shredman View Post
    selling houses
    So really... how old are you?

And just an FYI, you're not gonna sell any houses right now. People dont have money to buy anything like that.
    Brad Bowen
    Owner/Operator of the Ultimate Fear Haunted House in Shreveport, LA
    www.ultimatefear.net

Comment

freak 'n' stein

Originally posted by BarbieHaunt View Post
      ...unless it has something to do with selling energy drinks through facebook. We could all use the extra money in this economy.
      Originally posted by freak 'n' stein View Post
      aahahahahahah!! God, I needed that one.
      Sometimes I wonder if anybody bothers to read my posts. It's good to know somebody's paying attention. Thanks!

BarbieHaunt
      Friends Sold Separately
      (You Too Can Be Sold -
      Just Join Our Friends List!
      Obviously Kidding About Being Sold)

Actually, as explained previously in a thread we started, the silly name BarbieHaunt has absolutely nothing to do with Barbie dolls but was our private joke name because before the haunt's pink and blue styrofoam walls are hard coated and painted, it reminds us of a Barbie Dream Haunt.

Comment

Actually, the market is picking back up thank you very much, and how old I am is my business and not to be posted on some forum.

But a lot older than yall seem to think, seriously guys, back off
        INSANITY SCREAM PARK

Comment

I'm not making fun of you. I think almost everyone here seriously wishes you success when you decide to build your haunt. You can actually read that in almost every single response, beginning with the first one in this thread. Everyone is trying to be supportive. They just find it hard to believe that we can make money selling houses in this economy, when most people can't afford to buy houses now.

My reference to selling the energy drinks on facebook was joking about another thread in which another member is trying to get everyone here to join a pyramid (actually ponzi) scheme, but it appears he's not having much luck here based on the posted responses I've seen. It was not about you. I really wanted to know how to make money in this economy. I apologize if that was misunderstood.
          Last edited by BarbieHaunt; 07-12-2009, 09:54 AM.

BarbieHaunt
          Friends Sold Separately
          (You Too Can Be Sold -
          Just Join Our Friends List!
          Obviously Kidding About Being Sold)

Actually, as explained previously in a thread we started, the silly name BarbieHaunt has absolutely nothing to do with Barbie dolls but was our private joke name because before the haunt's pink and blue styrofoam walls are hard coated and painted, it reminds us of a Barbie Dream Haunt.

Comment

For the record brokers or sales agents of any item can and will always make money regardless of the market. Payment is typically made on gross sales price, not profit or loss.

Granted, any person that sells anything right now is likely selling less, and at a lower price, but money is being made.

I'm not a realtor but have been in or around business all my life. I don't use realtors because I have the time and wherewithall to do it myself. I've sold three homes in my life and have never paid a buyers or sellers agent a dime. Realtors are, generally, ruthless people oudone only by money sellers in America.

Also, the market is not dead. Certain price levels are moving well. For example, the truly rich, who don't have to leverage real estate are paying cash for vacation homes at .60 cents on the dollar. Homes below 200k are also moving quite well.

Interest rates are low so others are still buying traditional homes at lower prices, in some markets only slightly lower.

I live just outside Nashville TN. Home prices in Nashville are down around 8% on average, in my zip code only 2.3% is being lost on market value. On my steet the lowest priced home is 480K, the highest 600+, last month we had seven homes for sale out of around 50 homes. All but two have sold.

By the way, Barbi's right, chill out, people are trying to be supportive here, and even if they ride you a little, roll with it and move on.
            Last edited by Twin Locusts; 07-12-2009, 11:14 AM.

Comment

I think the problems started back on page 2. Thoughts are called that because you think them. We all have lots of interesting thoughts every day. Most don't amount to anything but some develop into something.

The problem with posting every thought and action every step of the way is that it becomes hard to follow what you are actually or finally doing. One helpful hint is to delete a previous post if it is totally the opposite of what you are doing now. If you look at the bottom of every one of your own posts there are buttons to Edit and Delete the post.

Hope all goes well for you this year or next.

Comment

Originally posted by shredman View Post
                Actually, the market is picking back up thank you very much, and how old I am is my business and not to be posted on some forum.

But a lot older than yall seem to think, seriously guys, back off
                Hey man, don't get affended by these posts. I read a post somewhere, I think it was from Nick, and it sounded to me like you were fairly young, possibly his age. I was just curious, that's all.

And again, it was just an FYI, that's all. I was trying to help you out. Maybe I didnt want you to get your hopes up, and think you were gonna sell several houses in a few months time.
                Brad Bowen
                Owner/Operator of the Ultimate Fear Haunted House in Shreveport, LA
                www.ultimatefear.net

Comment

Working...
                X