Help With Outdoor Wood Walls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help With Outdoor Wood Walls

I've decided to expand my home haunting to include an outdoor maze. What's the best thing to build walls out of? How long should I expect outdoor wood walls to last? I'm in TX, hot most of the year, a few slight freezes, with some rain, but mostly drought conditions. What kind of paint do you recommend putting on the wood to keep it in good condition for years?

Also, do home haunters generally make the walls so that they stay up year round or tear completely apart and put them in storage? If so, what's the best way to make them tear apart completely so that they may be reassembled next year? Like what do you attach them together with for easy disassembly?

Please also keep in mind that this is a free haunt so we need to keep the costs down as much as possible. Thank you.
    They call me PhReAk for a reason...

The same questions have been asked dozens of times so you're not alone. The best thing to do is use the Search feature in the yellow bar up towards the top of the page. Type in either walls or panels, which is what most pros call them. Ideas have been suggested that you've probably never imagined.

Comment

I would recommend using an exterior grade plywood better known as CDX or pressure treated plywood (pain in the ass to keep flat). I would seal them very good with a couple coats of exterior primer and a couple coats of high quality exterior house paint, and to ensure they last for several years I would treat them with a water sealer, like Thompson's water seal. Each season it would also be safe to apply another coat of paint.

To be 100% honest I would tear them down after each season and store them. they will last allot longer and won't need to spend as much to treat them for the weather.

Hope this helps you out.
      Ken
      www.boocrewproduction.com

Comment

Thanks, Shawn and Ken! It does help.

I have begun the search, Shawn. There are so many threads with just walls in the title that I'll be going through them for a long time, but I am finding lots of helpful info, and I haven't even gotten to panels yet. Thanks again to both of you.
        They call me PhReAk for a reason...

Comment

I always tell people that the Search feature is one of the greatest things ever invented. Instead of waiting for replies to your question all the aswers are right there. Some of them answers to questions you didn't even know you had.

Comment

Working...
          X