books and GUNS!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

now i know why...

well after much thinking of this little idea in my head. I will not do the guns at all. i will try some other way of doing this. maybe fire??? just kidding.. any ways i thank you for your in put on this and i hope i can fix or remake this idea i have goimg in my head of mine.. you never know i mite have something bigger and better!!!!!
    it's ok... the dark has many faces you can't see..

Comment

There are quite a few air guns/cannons out there. And you can find plans for making them yourself. Some of them depend on the noise for their scare, while others use the blast of air - touching your patrons without really touching them, in effect.

You still want to be careful with this. They are generally aimed low just for the startle. You want to make sure the area around it is clear. If anything gets kicked in front of it between groups it could shoot that object out the next time it fires.

Comment

My two cents... Unless you're scanning all guests with metal detectors, there is a distinct possibility that some of your patrons will be armed with real guns (concealed weapons) when visiting your haunt. Some people don't go anywhere in public without being armed. Putting such guests into an environment where they might believe guns are being fired near or at them is risky business. People react in different ways to fear. I wouldn't recommend ever aiming a gun (even with blanks) at any kind of living target in a haunt. Now if you do utilize metal detectors, and can guarantee that your haunt is weapon-free, here is some advice regarding gunshot simulation via audio.

There used to be paragraphs here giving many tips for creating realistic gunshot simulations using sound design, but upon further thought about the subject, I decided to delete them. I think it's probably better to just leave guns out of haunts all together.
        Last edited by DarkTikiEntertainment; 06-30-2009, 12:14 AM.

Comment

I advise AGAINST the gun. Theres a fine line between scary/fantasy/entertaining and just too realistic. I find it not scary but threatening if i even see a gun in a scene. And I personally would react violently. It just puts a hard realistic edge on it in my opinion and isnt a scare, its a threat.

Comment

Doc,
            your a genius, well said "its not a scare its a threat" thats a fine line we walk all the time. very well said.
            Allen H
            www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
            http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Originally posted by Allen H View Post
              Doc,
              your a genius, well said "its not a scare its a threat" thats a fine line we walk all the time. very well said.
              Allen H

very true on that!!!

i did much thinking and I am NOT doing it!!! because you WILL get dumb people out there and i mite also get one dumb actor all at the same time and boom! you end up with a hole lot of problems... Then no body will have a good time..

on a better note i will be getting Tim's first book in soon!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Giggles View Post
                I advise AGAINST the gun. Theres a fine line between scary/fantasy/entertaining and just too realistic. I find it not scary but threatening if i even see a gun in a scene. And I personally would react violently. It just puts a hard realistic edge on it in my opinion and isnt a scare, its a threat.
                You know, this just made me think about all the scenes I've seen in horror movies where a cop/soldier/armed person is confronted by a zombie/trademarked character/creature. Just shooting it would be boring. So somehow the gun always malfunctions or is knocked away and the hero has to find another way to combat the monster or escape the situation.

That might be a good lesson for haunters in developing a theme or just a scare.

Comment

Originally posted by hauntedghost View Post
                  on a better note i will be getting Tim's first book in soon!!!!
                  And now watch there be a scare in the book with the use of guns! :roll:

Comment

Originally posted by shawnc View Post
                    And now watch there be a scare in the book with the use of guns! :roll:
                    lol!! that will be the lest of my problems!!!

what the idea i had in my mind was there was a monster in a big door way and was trying to get in. the door way was to look like the gates of hell or something like that. Then you will have 3-4 actors playing army guys trying to shoot this monster. you will have the customers runing in a long fox hole path or something like that. Trying to avoid this monster, while the actors are shooting at it. the monster was to be 20ft high. Then the doors will be 25ft high. so it was to be our big ending for the haunt.

well, at lest i can have that idea as a back burner for right now. In tell i can come up with a better idea for it.

OR can you guys help me on some better way of doing this idea WITH out using the guns? Thank you for helping on this!!!

HG

Comment

Knowing the specific situation helps a lot. I'll think on it and I'm sure others will add their opinions but what immediately comes to mind is the scene from King Kong. I don't remember how it went exactly but it seems when he was trying to break through the gate on the island they weren't shooting at hime - maybe because they didn't think the bullets would hurt him?

Do the people shooting have to be military? If so maybe have some bent and mangled prop guns and shell casings lying on the floor, along with some bodies, making it look like they already tried to shoot him and are now resorting to hand-to-hand combat? Have one of the soldiers run at the group coming through screaming "Bullets don't hurt it! Get out while you can!"

Or something like that.
                      Last edited by shawnc; 06-30-2009, 02:58 PM.

Comment

man this idea is hard to get by...

i just need something to make it cool but scary at the same time too.

Comment

well!!!

i got Tim's book in and it's cool!!! there is some things that i alreadly know about but there is some other info that i don't know about..

on the other hand it puts out some good old school stuff far as scares.

there is some things that i will have in my haunt from this book but Tim 's book does not do well on about out side haunts. maybe i will buy Tim's 3th book and see what it has in it.

Unless you guys know what's in Tim's 3rd book is all about.

thanks
                          HG

Comment

If you have never built or owned a haunt before you should
                            get Tim's new book. it is about how to build a haunt on a
                            budget .
                            It covers things like.
                            Budget
                            Staff
                            Room Size
                            Fire Marshal
                            Estimating The Cost
                            Building Wall Panels
                            Connecting Panels
                            Floorplan Desing
                            Sound Production
                            Lighting Equipment
                            Facades and Entryways
                            Construction Tips
                            Prop and Scene Ideas
                            Scare's and More
                            Gary
                            Midnight Evil Productions
                            www.MidnightEvil.com
                            Owner/Operator of www.CoffinCreek.com/
                            www.Twitter.com/CoffinCreek

Comment

I highly recommend Kelly Allen's book
                              "So You Want To Be A Haunt Entrepreneur"
                              Kelly is a member on the list so you can PM him for info.
                              I have heard nothing but good about all of his products
                              While Im pimping products I will mention my Dynamic haunted house acting DVD a great tool for actor training. In my opinion (and many others so I hear)
                              Allen H
                              www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
                              http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Thanks guys!!!

Because i am on a real small budget right now. hopefully i can open in the year 2013 and see were that goes right now.

Allen,
                                How do you pm some one?? and do you know how much it's going to be for the book??

Thanks!!

HG

Comment

Working...
                                X