Need some help from actors/makeup artist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some help from actors/makeup artist

Can someone tell me the different in balding caps? I need to order some and I understand there are some applied with latex and some with alcohol. So my questions are:

1. Which are easier to use?
    2. Can they be re-used?
    3. Where are you purchasing them from (better quality)?

I am doing a scene that requires two actors to wear them so we can pull off their wigs and see brains. So I have to make a piece for their heads like they are being scalped.

go to theeffectslab.com check out their lab forum and do a search for your topic. I wolud look into watermelon caps, they are awesome. the edges melt with alcohol.
    Allen H
    www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Thanks Allen. Appreciate your input. I want to use the best comfort for the actor/actress and easy for us.

Comment

How long are you looking to spend getting your actors ready for the evening?

Jackie
        Rotting Flesh Radio
        Haunt Hottie
        “Happiness is the sublime moment when you step out of your corset at the end of the night.”

“Actors love mental disorders, dialects, and corsets. Give them one of the three and they're happy.”

Comment

A multi use silicone "bald cap" could be made using the brows to help hide the edge, is that your plan?
          Allen H
          www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
          http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

OD: The faster and easiest for them the better. They are going to have a wig that comes off for the scalping scene so I am going to have to make a headpiece for them to look like we cut the top of their head off.

I checked the watermelon caps out Allen said about and I should have picked them up at MHC but didn't. I am going to try a few of them but still looking for suggestions.

Comment

I am currently holding a bald cap sale
              Water-Melon Bald Caps reg $23.00 now 1 for $20 or 2 for $30 ($15.00 ea)

Also I am offering my Standard Acetone soluble plastic cap.
              Professional PLASTIC bald caps.
              Acetone Soluble
              reg $23.00
              now $10.00
              At this price you would ORDINARILY need to buy 100+ to get this discount.
              This offer is for a limited Time Only.
              No minimums - waiving our retail minimum but shipping applies (until Scotty gets my transporter working).
              STOCK UP NOW

www.michaeldavy.com

Comment

Working...
              X