Keeping Up With All....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Eric,

Guys who remembers these. I wish I could get the video here but cant so just click the damn thing. I am not as smart as Eric!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xc5Sm4iRtxs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkwEK9AYQHg

Shane and its I feel like I am back in school! Shane this time!!!!
    Last edited by graystone; 06-30-2009, 06:26 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

Post em if you got em!

All good videos, I want the girls crawling around in the fog for my haunt from the second one IHAUNT posted. I have not seen that Ramones one lol! The ABC one I remembered as soon as I saw it. Very creative.

Shane, I'm not smart at all. All the credit goes to Jester for posting this tutorial in the sticky at the top of this board. Check it out, it tells exactly how to post these things here. This thread about 80's music was a great topic to bring up and it's a good diversion from all the stuff that's going on in the news and burn out from haunt projects.

Now that you know how, lets see some video favorites of the 80's from every one that is interested or old enough to remember. Larry what's your favorite? You must have plenty of great stuff to dig up from being a DJ before.

Eric

www.hauntedoverload.com

Comment

Wow! I am loving this thread! This is definitely taking me back! Some of my favorites from the 80's:

The Cure
        Depeche Mode
        English Beat
        Aztec Camera
        Colorfield
        Cocteau Twins
        Dream Academy

Oh my God! The list could go on and on for me. A lot of my favorite music of all time is from the 80's!

Kel
        sigpic
        Kelly Allen
        Raycliff Manor Haunted Attraction
        www.RaycliffManor.com
        www.Facebook.com/RaycliffManor
        www.HauntBook.com

Comment

Scareview

Yeah Kel,

This thread could go on forever. You have some good ones in your list. This is what I'm talking about, early 80's metal. I can't believe the amount of stuff like this on You tube. I never had the time to search for this stuff before. It was the best time for music because of the huge variety.

Scareview, you will like this one!

Eric

www.hauntedoverload.com

Comment

WOW........Eric, everyone

Looks like you can tell alot by each of you guys from the kind of music you like!!!! I am so enjoying this its great! Eric I am missing something lol I watched the video even before you posted but oh well. Here is another one for you guys! AND PLEASE KEEP THEM COMING THIS IS SUCH A NICE CHANGE!!!!

Eric check this out I was at this concert I have traveled all over the world to watch these guys and I was about 15 rows back! It was in 2002 at The Royal Albert Hall in London it's huge and some of the seats were like 6 stories high! I bet the people up there got nose bleeds!!!! Oh and I love the older sounds these bands have now!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsMGymR4U2M

Shane and its yup guys and let me say this this Boy is one hell of a DJ too' I was telling Larry about that one night! Larry post some of your groups! Shane and its do the bustle! Shane this time!!!
            sigpic

Comment

Shane,

It looks like you are as big a fan of Culture Club as I am of Kiss. That's cool you have the footage of an actual concert you were at. Looks like a fun show!

I tried to find a very different video from yours for some contrast. There were many great female artists that peaked in the 80s. Here is just one. Lets see some more from you guys, these things are fun.

Eric

www.hauntedoverload.com

Comment

I think Culture Club is one of those groups that would fall under the "guilty pleasure" category. It's hard to believe that they rose and fell so quickly with the general public. Yes, Boy George was odd but he has an awesome voice and the group had a sound that set it above most of the similar groups of the day. I always thought they should have remained big a lot longer than they did.

Anyone else have any guilty pleasures?

Comment

Shawnc

Boy most definitely hurt the group when he got the monkey (drugs) on his back! Its been a long up and down road for sure. In 1998 when they reformed thanks to VH1 they were selling out huge venues. One thing that should be noted as radio here would not play their new songs in the U.S. markets. Two songs went to #1 in the UK. They are pissed at the U.S. markets to say the least.

Anyway with everything else going on and George focusing on his DJ gigs I would say its pretty much over for this group even though the rest of CC would tour in a blink of an eye. George was getting $100,000.00 per DJ event and was scheduled to do a concert in New York prior go going to prison this past January to serve a 15 month sentence. He was released this May for good behavior. At the end of the day they each have made millions and will have memories of fans for years to come much as I have memories of them.

Back to the thread keep them coming! I will surly have tons of your favorite 80's music at my TransWorld kick off party!

here is one of the songs that went #1 in the UK in 1998.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoEuVIxEtdM

Shane and its just like Michael Jackson I think Boy just wanted to be loved! Shane this time.
                  sigpic

Comment

Heavy rotation favorites.

classic

Comment

Ok........

Man oh man these are all good! Shane and its keep posting Shane this time!
                      Last edited by graystone; 07-01-2009, 03:46 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

Here is a classic for ya'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xbt30UnzRWw&feature=fvw
                        Last edited by Creativecinema; 07-01-2009, 09:28 PM.

Comment

Lmao

I wanted to whip their ass every time I heard that song! Still brings back memories though even though thats one I hated lol!!!Shane and its thanks for sharing! Shane this time!
                          sigpic

Comment

Good one Tim

Good ones indeed. Till Tuesday was great. Shane, the info on Culture Club was interesting, I never knew he was a DJ. I give up on your trivia question. What movie was shown in the Pat Benatar video you posted?

These two videos were heavily rotated in the 80's as well.

Side note. In this one below they guy drives out of a gas station and the sign says $1.45 for gas! Those were the good old days. Also I had one of those Honda three wheelers they show in the video. Mine didn't have any shocks though and I used to fly over jumps like I thought I was Evel Kenievel. My pack is still paying for it, lol! Live and learn.

Keep them coming guys.

Eric

Double click on these if you get the disabled by request message. I don't know what that's all about.

Last edited by elowther; 07-01-2009, 10:05 PM.
                            www.hauntedoverload.com

Comment

Eric the

answer is The Legend Of Billie Jean! It was a 1985 movie that stared Helen Slater remember she was also the year before she was Super Girll She was hot and still is she's if you ask me. She is also best friends with Helen Hunt just a lil bio there! Also in the movie was Christian Slater I don't believe they are related. Shane and its here is another one!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cH2X5PolerA

I have seen these guys many times too they have often opened for Culture Club. Shane and its who else wants to help me and Eric remember the good ole days? Shane this time.
                              Last edited by graystone; 07-02-2009, 09:51 AM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Who remembers The Monster Squad and Garbage Pail Kids? Now that was the 80's.
                                Spooky Wishes
                                Noah

City Blood: Ohio, Kentucky & Indiana's #1 Haunt Site!

http://www.ohioshaunted.com

Comment

Working...
                                X