Keeping Up With All....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keeping Up With All....

The exposure that death of Michael Jackson has recieved lately its got me thinking. Before I go into the reason to this thread let me add I truly think he is at peace and rest with himself now.

It seems alot of haunters are around my age give or take 5 years. But have you guys noticed all the remix's coming out from the 80's and they are with the origional artist. Every now and then a new artist picks up a 80's song and just rips it to shreds. Funny how artist now can't seem to come up with their own music today.

I love music anyone who knows me will tell you I am a music addict. Playing it 24/7 and often so loud at the haunt the guys wear ear plugs. People in chat will note I got headphones on while chatting. I have lots of memories but for me none will be greater than being young in the 80's it will never be another 80's for me. I often see young people stating that they dont like todays music. When I attend a 80's band concert it amazes me the younger people there! So who else other than the King Of Pop do you enjoy?

Here is some of mine!

Culture Club, Hall & Oats, Expose, Duran Duran, Billy Idol, David Bowie, The Clash, Queen, Madonna, Michael Jackson, ABC, Kiss, and then theres my soul sisters Patti Lebelle, Aretha Franklin, Anita Baker, Tina Turner, I could list so many and OMG what about the one hit wonders!!!!

Heck I can go on and on! Let me hear who you guys like! Shane and its oh don't forget Our 1 hit wonder Dead or Alive! You Spin Me Round! Shane this time
    Last edited by graystone; 06-28-2009, 12:07 PM.
    sigpic

Shane did you hear Billy mays just died too!
    HHA Member

Comment

I like a lot of the 80's bands but my all time favorite is Kiss. Kiss alive was my first album as a kid and I liked them ever since.

Here's a classic from 1976, remember this on Halloween night? I think this video was from the Paul Lynde Halloween special. The video makes me dizzy in spots because of the crazy effects they were trying to do with the camera. I'm glad these guys are still going strong and are on tour this summer. I hate it when a band I like breaks up after one or two albums.

I think these images stayed with me as a kid and I try like hell to put all these kind of theatrics, showmanship and over the top effects and props into my haunt. I can never get enough fog or lighting effects, lol!

Enjoy, this is a funny blast from the past.

Eric

Last edited by elowther; 06-28-2009, 04:03 PM.
      www.hauntedoverload.com

Comment

Class of 1985 here. I hear you. In fact I was just thinking the same thing about new acts having to sample or wholesale, remake old stuff, 70's and 80's. My favorite Los Lonely Boys track is 'Cisco Kid' live at the Filmore. Pretty sure that was a 70's hit for War.

Did you listen to any Squeeze or Bus Boys? These two were crowd favorites my first year of college.

A college favorite
        Last edited by Twin Locusts; 06-28-2009, 04:45 PM.

Comment

Eric

Thanks for sharing the KISS video. I was surprised to see Witchiepoo from H.R. Pufnstuf at the beginning of the video with Paul Lynde. Don't remember who the other witch is, but perhaps it's another witch from that show? Anyone know? Just curious.

BarbieHaunt
          Friends Sold Separately
          (You Too Can Be Sold -
          Just Join Our Friends List!
          Obviously Kidding About Being Sold)

Actually, as explained previously in a thread we started, the silly name BarbieHaunt has absolutely nothing to do with Barbie dolls but was our private joke name because before the haunt's pink and blue styrofoam walls are hard coated and painted, it reminds us of a Barbie Dream Haunt.

Comment

I'm the class of 85 also! Speaking of 1985, this video was on MTV 24/7 that year it seemed. The Kiss influence is obvious. Long live the power ballad! lol!
            Eric

www.hauntedoverload.com

Comment

God, I agree with Shane on something. Looks like snow here in the desert next month. :roll:

Comment

Hey Shawnc

I think its something it the air! Shane and its Class of 86! Shane this time.
                sigpic

Comment

Man, you guys are old!!!

I was born in '83.
                  Brad Bowen
                  Owner/Operator of the Ultimate Fear Haunted House in Shreveport, LA
                  www.ultimatefear.net

Comment

Originally posted by brad View Post
                    Man, you guys are old!!!

I was born in '83.
                    I graduated in 1983. That makes me old enough to be your father. Getting old sucks.

Comment

First off we're not old, we're not going to have to wish we knew now what we now know. Youth is wasted on the young.

Eric, Shane, Shawn -

I think I was a freshman in HS when MTV started up; at about the same time, a small town TV station started a music video show. For the first month they had like five tracks, very heavy rotation.

In a couple of weeks we went from never having heard of bands to knowing every line and move in thier videos.

Dokken: breakin the chains
                      Billy Idol: dancin with myself
                      talking heads: burnin down the house - still a fan

Cable had just became available and the Rolling Stones, Still Life tour was on 'Let's spend the night together', I've seen every tour since then.

Comment

Who Remembers.......

This beauty? Another one of my favorites and died way to young! Born 4-3-1947 died on 8-26-2004 she would have been 52 this coming Friday! Check it out........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWx7zv24vCI

Shane and its Happy Birthday Laura! Shane this time.
                        Last edited by graystone; 06-29-2009, 07:56 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

I actually saw EXPOSE' LIVE.......

at the TROC theatre in Philly in october 1987 on their 1st tour... They actually had a live band and sang LIVE no voice trax.......for a few girls, they kicked ass !!!!!! great memories.

Comment

Chuck

I too have seen them live and your right they were great! Shane and its Seasons Change! Shane this time!!
                            sigpic

Comment

I graduated in 1980, so I too was there back when MTV had videos. What scares me is when I see a video and remember seeing the "world premier" on TV. I was one of the geeks that was at home to seee THRILLER when it broadcast the 1st time!! I have never been a huge fan of a certain group, but B SPRINGSTEIN, CULTURE CLUB, and JOURNEY, QUEEN, Rod Stewart, BILLY IDOL, are some of my favorite groups. Then we have the Bangles, Was NOT WAS, DEAD OR ALIVE< MEN WITHOUT HATS, MEN AT WORK, AH HA, G MICHAEL, The Other Ones, Comunards, Oingo Boingo, Genisis, Blondie. I do like alot of current "songs" but I would have to say the 80's were a magical time....
                              www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

Comment

Working...
                              X