X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Talking Heads - Burning Down the House

Shane,

I don't remember Jermain Stewart leaving Culture Club to go out on his own, but I do remember the song. His is another sad story.

Here is a favorite of mine (you have to double-click this one):

They call me PhReAk for a reason...

Comment

• Rick James - Super Freak

Here is one more for now (you have to double-click this one too):

Comment

• Haunt

Actually Jermaine was a back up singer for Culture Club not a member. I may have got you confused. Anyway yes a sad ending to someone who loved music much as I do. Ok heres another 80's group!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvC1ijiyv1c

Eric did you remember Jermaine or the song? What about this group Soul to Soul? Another great dance floor song! Shane and its Back To Life! Shane this time!
          sigpic

Comment

• Bangles - Walk Like an Egyptian

My memory is bad. I have a hard time remembering specific group members unless they were the lead or went on to make it big on their own. And after I quit watching MTV because I got busy (or they quit showing videos as much), I lost track of who was singing what.

I don't remember the group Soul to Soul, but I remember their song. I must have heard it on the radio a lot.

Here's another that I was tempted to put on SpookywoodsFX.com's Mummy thread to inspire people to purchase (I think it's really fun to watch all of the people try to walk like an Egyptian in this video):

I'm starting to wonder every time I post something here if it's already been posted. I guess that would just mean it's really good. LOL
            Last edited by HauntPhReAk; 07-19-2009, 09:34 PM.

Comment

• Girl groups

First off, Shane I remember both of those you posted. I think you will like these next three.

All great ones so far. Darkangel posted some good stuff!

Since the Bangles were posted, how about some girl groups? Here's a few for your enjoyment. I hope none of these have been posted yet, I am also starting to lose track. I'll have to go back over them all when I get a chance.

Eric

Double click

Last edited by elowther; 07-19-2009, 10:28 PM.
              www.hauntedoverload.com

Comment

• Here are my favorite songs by a couple of the girl bands Eric posted:

The Go-Go's - Vacation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RHTiXvELNg

Bananarama - Cruel Summer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2Lk9h2JFa4

I was also going to post A-Ha's "Take On Me," but I think it's already on here.

And I can't find my favorite Prince song "Little Red Corvette" anywhere.

And here's one other I think we have missed so far:

Poison - Every Rose Has Its Thorn: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFIKPGVTwEY

I'll post others soon.

BarbieHaunt
                Friends Sold Separately
                (You Too Can Be Sold -
                Just Join Our Friends List!
                Obviously Kidding About Being Sold)

Actually, as explained previously in a thread we started, the silly name BarbieHaunt has absolutely nothing to do with Barbie dolls but was our private joke name because before the haunt's pink and blue styrofoam walls are hard coated and painted, it reminds us of a Barbie Dream Haunt.

Comment

• For the ladies....

I think we all have posted more great songs from the 80's then were even out in the 90's, just a great decade of great music...

Darkangel

Comment

• The first one is from 1978 I think but it's awesome quality and sound.

Double click

www.hauntedoverload.com

Comment

• Here yet more

There was always something about this chick and if you are a graduate of the 80's so is she! Shes now 41 and still going she has such a mature voice. I can tell from this thread every single persons taste in music and I bet everyone can tell mine!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDtSyWQsPsU

Shane and its I been around the world too! Shane this time.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Good one Shane. There seems to be no end to the 80's material. I have enjoyed every post even if some of them are not my taste it's cool to see what others like. I prefer hard rock and heavy metal myself but enjoy a lot of the 80's top 40 and pop stuff as well. I have Sirius radio and flip back and forth between 80's hair bands and the all 80's station with Martha Quin and all the original MTV VJ's. It seems like I'm stuck in a time warp sometimes lol!

Like Shane said at the beginning of this thread the 80's were a great time to be young and all these posts bring back those memories. I love it when someone posts one I had totally forgotten about.

Here's one you may remember.

Keep them coming.

Eric

Last edited by elowther; 07-20-2009, 08:05 AM.
                        www.hauntedoverload.com

Comment

• Allan

Comment

• OK here you go shane

Jesus loves you, but everyone else thinks you're an asshole.

Comment

• Tater,

Have we been Rickrolled? The only reason I even know what that means is because it just happened to me on another thread. LOL

Comment

• Prince - Little Red Corvette

I'm enjoying all the music! Thanks, everyone!

Barbie wanted Prince's Little Red Corvette and this is the only one I could find with the actual music in it:

Comment

Working...
                                X