Examples of great lighting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Examples of great lighting

I thought about putting this in the fright forum, but it probably fits here as well. I'd like to put out a call for photos or videos of good lighting.

Do you have a scene where you are especially proud of the lighting scheme? Have you seen another haunt that has a scene you think exemplifies good lighting? (Be sure to give credit to the other haunt if you are posting someone else's lighting.) Do you have an effect based on special lighting?

If it's yours, please share what kind of lights you used. Did you pick colors for certain reasons? Was there any other keys to the design to get a specific effect?

I think getting a collection of lighting concepts and pictures could inspire others to improve this part of haunts that doesn't get discussed all that much. A lot of people say good lighting is important, but putting together a portfolio of good examples of lighting use will give a much more concrete image of how to light or not to light.
    sigpic

There are three rules to designing a haunt. Unfortunately, nobody knows what they are.

Haunt: www.ScarecrowTheater.com

I like the haunted corn maze lighting at Hauntedoverload.com. It's pretty simple and effective, especially considering the challenge of laying lines long distances into the field, unless there are multiple transformers off the trunk it's hard to get multiple sockets at each scare. Outdoors seems like more of a challenge in general and they get great results.

It's mostly two point lighting but very effective.

I'm looking mostly at the 2008 gallery.

It's going to be tough coming up with lighting examples that are representative of what the visitor sees in the haunt. The photographer might set the camera hot, or even bump saturation and contrast in post.

Either way, this is a good idea - I've gaffed a lot for video and I like to see sets for people rather than cameras - this thread should produce some good examples.

EDIT- just thought of something when I saw your username again. This Friday a nashville band called 'Mattoid' is playing in memphis at Hi Tone. They're pretty out there and very entertaining. I saw them open for Daniel Johnston in Nashville couple years ago, you should seriously check them out.
    Last edited by Twin Locusts; 06-29-2009, 04:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X