Public Enemies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Public Enemies

I saw an advance screening of Public Enemies Monday night and overall it was a quality movie. While it's not the best gangster movie I've seen, it's still entertaining. The theater I was in had some sound problems where it was hard to hear some of the lines, so that may have tainted the movie for me a bit.

I was expecting it to be more graphic for the type of movie it was and would have liked it to feel more like it took place in the 30's. It's one of those movies that would benefit from being black and white instead of color. Nothing really stood out in the movie, but it was fun and kept my attention for nearly 2 and a half hours.

The theater passed out fake chicago Tribunes describing the history of Dillinger and showed both Johnny Depp and John Dillinger on the front cover. Depp didn't look anything like Dillinger, but He still did great portraying him and so did Christian Bale as the man in charge of capturing Dillinger.
    Last edited by Jolly Pumpkin; 06-30-2009, 08:00 AM.
    Spooky Wishes
    Noah

City Blood: Ohio, Kentucky & Indiana's #1 Haunt Site!

http://www.ohioshaunted.com

I was an extra in the bank robbery scene and so I am REALLY excited to see the movie. Not every day a major movie is shot in a city you drive through on a regular basis and it was always a life long dream to be in a movie. Now if only I can see my self, that would be really cool!
    www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

Comment

Originally posted by Jolly Pumpkin View Post

The theater passed out fake chicago Tribunes describing the history of Dillinger and showed both Johnny Depp and John Dillinger on the front cover.
      Those will probably be collectors' items before long. I hope you saved yours.

Comment

Just got back, I liked it..... I would like to own a tommy gun now , those things are wicked. Hay xxx did you get to see youself?
        Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

I just started reading the book, and the author made it clear that what you are reading is real, and not the glamorized Hollywood gangster movie version. So that is probably why the movie didn't feel like a typical gangster movie, it might have been deliberate by the director.

The author based the book off of millions of pages of FBI reports and files that were released sometime in the late 80's or early 90's. Whether the movie is that acurate I have no idea, but the author states that the lines found in the book are documented in an actual report.

Comment

I need to go see it.
            they used my Acrylic Blood for continuity.
            Acrylic Blood is a liquid blood that dries with a wet look. It can be used on both skin and clothing.

Comment

LOL< well i THINK i saw myself. It is one of those deals that I will have to rent it and then freeze and zoom, but I think that was me in the 1st bank shoot out
              www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

Comment

Working...
              X