No announcement yet.

A request from those of you who can...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A request from those of you who can...

First off, I'd like to wish everyone a happy 4th of July. Be safe and have fun.

I'd like to ask you to please keep my family in your prayers. Last night around 1am I received a call from a family member telling me my aunt had a stroke. She's been in ICU overnight and the doctors now aren't sure if it's a stroke or a seizure or what. Her blood pressure was over 300 and her heart rate was over 200. They shocked her body to lower her heart rate which was successful but her body started tightening up and she started having seizures as a result. She's now having to breathe with the assistance of a ventilator because her heart rate keeps fluctuating and preventing her from breathing properly.

So I'd like to ask that you just keep my family in your thoughts and prayers if you would. This is a hard pill to swallow on what should be a joyous day. I'm headed to the hospital now to try and make it to one of the 4 visitation periods.

Hope everyone else has a happy 4th.

-Rick

UPDATE:

I just got home from the hospital and things aren't looking good. She suffered a massive stroke and has had cerebral bleeding. The doctors have already told us that there's a good chance that her heart will fail and she won't make it. We've had to discuss how long life support will be used before pulling the plug.

Thanks for the prayers Shane.
    Last edited by hsmag; 07-04-2009, 04:45 PM.

You got it.

Sending prayers your way! Shane
    sigpic

Comment

Prayers are being shot up for you now like fireworks.
      Allen H
      www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
      http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Prayers and good thought headed your way from here also. Please keep us posted and God Bless you and your family.
        http://www.GraystoneHaunt.com

Comment

So sorry to hear that your most recent update wasn't good. I'll still keep sending good thoughts and prayers your way.
          They call me PhReAk for a reason...

Comment

I am praying for your family, wishing for the best.
            Brad Bowen
            Owner/Operator of the Ultimate Fear Haunted House in Shreveport, LA
            www.ultimatefear.net

Comment

UPDATE:

Thank you so much everyone for your kindness and support! It means a lot, not just to me but my whole family as well. All the prayers and kind words from our churches, friends and places like this are helping us get through this tough time as we continue to hope for the best but prepare for the worst

I wish I had some better news to bring but she's on life support at the moment and the hospital staff has given her little to no hope of surviving this. We're retaining hope that she does but ultimately it's in the hands of the man above and it's his decision whether she'll make it or not.

I'll continue to keep this thread updated for any of you who wish to follow this.

Thank you again from the bottom of my heart.

-Rick

Comment

You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.

BarbieHaunt
                Friends Sold Separately
                (You Too Can Be Sold -
                Just Join Our Friends List!
                Obviously Kidding About Being Sold)

Actually, as explained previously in a thread we started, the silly name BarbieHaunt has absolutely nothing to do with Barbie dolls but was our private joke name because before the haunt's pink and blue styrofoam walls are hard coated and painted, it reminds us of a Barbie Dream Haunt.

Comment

Rick, I'm so sad to hear this. I will keep your family in my prayers. Hopefully she will fight through this and it's not her time to go.
                  Spooky Wishes
                  Noah

City Blood: Ohio, Kentucky & Indiana's #1 Haunt Site!

http://www.ohioshaunted.com

Comment

Rick,
                    Our prayers are with you!
                    You can count on that.

Kirk
                    Kirk Boemmel
                    Dark Ghost Manor
                    www.darkghostmanor.com

sigpic

Comment

Many, many, many prayers being sent your way. God knows what He's doing and I know He's there holding your hand through it all. My deepest hopes that she recovers.
                      -Lauren
                      sigpic

Comment

Update: July 6 2009

Thank you all for your kindness and support. The outpouring of love has been nothing short of amazing.

To give you all an update:

Yesterday things were still bad. Nothing had changed.

Today seemed to be a different story. While things still aren't what you would call "great", they're looking better. Today she looked more normal. Her face didn't seem as "smashed" or "stretched" and she was opening her eyes quite a bit, albeit only halfway but it's some improvement anyways. She was moving her body some too but nowhere near normal motor skills. She seemed like she was aware of us some of the times and if we asked her to open or close her eyes for some questions she would open or close them. Of course, this is all subjective and could be interpreted several different ways.

But she at least looked more like herself today. It was the first day I didn't break down or choke up upon seeing her.

I'm still hoping for a recovery. I know that there's a good chance that even if she does rebound from this, not only will it take time but she'll never be the same again but I'd hope that she could pull through and at least have some quality to life.

Thank you everyone for your support and love.

Comment

Our prayers are with you!

may god be with your family and your aunt.

God will help her get through this, and im praying that she does.

Good luck, and tell her I said God Bless!
                          Skidduhlicious

Comment

Prayers and best wishes for your aunt and your family.

"Accept that some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the statue."

Comment

Update: July 10 2009

She's been blinking on command more and seems to be answering questions this way. She's scheduled to have a trach tube put in today so that she can eat. Originally this was the idea of the doctors but then yesterday the nurses were teliing my cousin she shouldn't allow the trach to be put in because this may be as good as she ever gets. Time will tell.

Comment

Working...
                              X