A request from those of you who can...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UPDATE JULY 18 2009

Things are starting to look a little better. My aunt is mostly off the ventilator. She's initiating breaths on her own and just has assistance from the ventilator which is a good sign. She's also opening her eyes and looking at you when you talk to her, though we think that sometimes she has trouble focusing. Last night she followed a hand up and down in front of her face. We think her right side might be paralyzed as she won't look to the right and that eye is a little bit crossed but slowly she's making some progress.

Comment

It is really good that she is making progress. Im glad to hear that things are starting to go better for you, your aunt, and your whole family. The lord is magnificent and with all the support and love you show for your aunt things will work out. God bless and prayers for your family.
      I'LL SEE YOU... IN THE DARKNESS!!!
      lasvegashaunts.com

Comment

Great news Rick!
        We'll keep praying nonetheless!

Kirk
        Kirk Boemmel
        Dark Ghost Manor
        www.darkghostmanor.com

sigpic

Comment

Your aunt, you, and your family are still in our thoughts and prayers.
          They call me PhReAk for a reason...

Comment

Still praying for your aunt.

Let her know about all of us here hoping for her to recover.

"Faith, Hope, Love"

Tom
            www.HauntedOverload.com

Comment

Major update

First off, I'd like to thank everyone for all your love, kindness, support and prayers. The outpouring of affection has been something that I'll never forget.

Though it is with deep sadness and a heavy heart that I have to say this. She took a turn for the worst and passed away around 12:30 pm this afternoon.

Late Sunday night she started getting worse because of her sugar and blood pressure levels and we were at the hospital until about 12:30 am. The doctors asked us if we wanted to put her on the ""Do Not Resuscitate" list and we reluctantly agreed. Early Monday morning we got a call that she was going downhill fast so we headed over to the hospital where we got the news that there wasn't anything that could be done for her. The blood pressure medicine wasn't doing anything for her and the ventilator was now doing all the breathing for her (all she could do was gasp) and her body would soon enter a state of septic shock which would end up shutting her body down. They took her off the ventilator, gave her a morphine drip to eliminate any pain that she might feel and waited for the inevitable.

Thank you all for everything and please keep my family in your prayers as we try to get through this tough time.

-Rick

Comment

I am so sorry for your loss. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Comment

Rick,
                  Extremely sorry to hear about your loss. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your entire family during this difficult time. May God send his comfort to all of you.
                  sigpic

Comment

Rick,

Although I dont know you, I am deeply sorry for your loss and my condolences with you and your family.

However on the other hand, I am glad that this haunted community is very close and has the support from many, for a time like this, for you and your family.

Our Prayers with you.
                    Frightworld America's Screampark
                    www.hauntedbuffalo.com
                    Buffalo, New York

Comment

This forum and all the members are amazing. Rick, I am very sorry for your loss and may your aunt go to a better place and live happy and healthy. It is truelly amazing to see how close people are in the forum. I wish you and your family the best and keep your head up!!! God Bless
                      I'LL SEE YOU... IN THE DARKNESS!!!
                      lasvegashaunts.com

Comment

What are the chances of this. Last night I lost two friends in a car crash in clarence New York. they were only 19. It was just yesterday I was talking to you about loosing one of your loved ones.
                        Frightworld America's Screampark
                        www.hauntedbuffalo.com
                        Buffalo, New York

Comment

That's terrible! It doesn't make it any easier whether they're relatives or friends, does it? I hope you're doing okay. My thoughts are with you and their families during this tough time.

Comment

Demon,

How are things going for you? I know this must be hard for you along with your friends' family. We just laid my aunt to rest today so the stress level has lowered a little bit. I'll keep you and your friends' family/families in my thoughts. A loss is never easy no matter who it is.

Comment

Working...
                            X