Creepyworld Being Renovated 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creepyworld Being Renovated 2010

Here is what we are up to at Creepyworld for 2010. We have totally renovated our trailer haunted house. We are trying to make our trailer haunted house like a mini DARKNESS! The new trailer haunted house will have some really awesome detail right now we have all the scenes roughed in and we are waiting on some latex props to finish it off.

We have gone through a trailer haunt soup to nuts and now honestly I can say its looking pretty awesome. The interior of our trailer haunt is also getting a massive overhaul.

We have dumped the graveyard that was in the interior and now there is a GIANT green house and a barn/tool shed garage kind of thing inside. The green house will be very much like the one at Darkness only 4 times bigger. The tool shed barn area has a real truck inside and is like a maze with like 4 scenes inside. So now the walking space of the trailer haunt has doubled. It will look very cool!

We also had a corn maze and we dumped that in favor of building a BIGGER graveyard out in back of the mansion (trailer haunt) so now this will be a 18,000 square foot graveyard but we've done some pretty cool stuff... first we dug out a swamp and built a bridge over it. In the middle of the swamp is a swamp house flooting over the water the bridge will take you to the swamp house then its back to the bridge and into a gothic castle that sits in the middle of the graveyard.

Tombstone hayride is actually almost set up and we're adding a fort where zombie indians will battle zombie calvery. Will upload more pics of that later.

We will also upgrade Silox. However most of the time is being spent on our mansion and this new gothic area out back. I will upload more photos as we get further along.

Larry
    Attached Files
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Unfinished outdoor greenhouse will be finished next week. At Creepyworld we never put out any of the cool latex props until September so you won't see any finished photos until we get a lot closer to September.

When we open Creepyworld for Transworld it will be more of a behind the scenes tour. We will set up as much of it as we can. The trailer haunt should be totally set up and we should be able to get most of the hayride set up. I will keep uploading photos.

Larry
    Attached Files
    Larry Kirchner
    President

Comment

Those first pics are inside a trailer haunt? Sweet!
      Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

Looking good there!
        missjayne
        Netherworld Haunted Attractions
        http://www.fearworld.com/

Comment

Yes those first four pics are all from inside a truck trailer. I can tell you once you get inside you won't feel like you are inside a truck trailer. It will be very very detailed.

I think the biggest aspect of our Creepyworld tour for Transworld 2010 will be to show you how to do a trailer haunted house RIGHT! I know it sounds like a joke to make a haunted house out of truck trailers but it can be done first class and believe it or not you can it feel like it not truck trailers.

Larry
          Larry Kirchner
          President

Comment

Larry

I remember a couple of years ago about how and why you were doing a trailer haunt but can't recall now. Why do you still have it with all of the new construction you've done lately? it's not that big.

Shawn

Comment

When you walk through the trailer haunt it actually seems bigger than it really is... if you come down to St. Louis I'd be happy to show you around.

Its actually pretty big... 2,160 feet inside the trailers and 3,600 square feet footprint in the middle of the trailers where the greenhouse is built.

All total the experience is 5,760 square feet. I'd say that is pretty big.

Wouldnt you?

That is just one attraction but the reason we have it is because you can build something really cool and leave it up. You can move it, you can set it up anywhere.

Larry
              Larry Kirchner
              President

Comment

I have been through them, it is pretty neat knowing that they are trailors when you are in them. Why dump the corn maze?
                Jared Layman

Comment

Corn Maze... LOL

First year deer ruined it because they wanted to eat the corn. The second year the area flooded and wiped out the corn. You have to water the thing constantly lots of upkeep. But the best reason was because we needed to add something NEW and different and this was the only area we could do that. That is pretty much the best reason.

Larry
                  Larry Kirchner
                  President

Comment

It's looking good. It will be great to see them up close and how a good trailer haunt is done. You're right, corn mazes can be tricky to grow. I'm lucky I have a seasoned farmer plant the corn in a good spot and it comes out awesome.

Eric
                    www.hauntedoverload.com

Comment

how many square feet is each trailer?
                      and how strict are the fire and building codes?
                      Owner of The Fear Experience Haunted House in Cleveland, Ohio, voted the #1 haunted house in Ohio, and #14 in America by Funtober. The Fear Experience Haunted House was called the premier haunted attraction in northeast ohio by cleveland.com and #1 in cleveland by metromix.

Comment

I just got back from being deployed in Afghanistan. That is what they are using for most of the new buildings and housing. They can stack them up 3 or 4 high and join them together with other units. Inside there is actually a lot of space.

The pictures look great Larry. Can't wait for this season!!

"Accept that some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the statue."

Comment

Already looking great!
                          They call me PhReAk for a reason...

Comment

Right now we are putting the finishing touches on the trailer haunted house and I can tell you it does NOT look like a trailer haunted house at all. These pics are with a flash so no they won't look great. Additionally these are pictures without PROPS... like the one mansion room will have all these ravens eating people. Neither the Ravens nor the bodies are in the rooms so right now its just the room.

When you walk in this place you will NOT think you are inside truck trailers. We have been working on this trailer haunted house now for over a month and its awesome!

The trailer haunts consists of six trailers two scenes per trailer ...

Trailer One: Lobby, Funeral
                            Trailer Two: Study, Bedroom
                            Trailer Three: Kitchen, Freezer

Then it goes outside into the center of the trailers: MASSIVE GREEN HOUSE and a BARN.

Trailer Four: Boiler Room, Bathroom
                            Trailer Five: Wine Celler, Living Room
                            Trailer Six: Seance, Exit

More to come.

Larry
                            Attached Files
                            Larry Kirchner
                            President

Comment

Again those pics are NOT finished rooms with lighting or props... just finished build out rooms. The final touches will come later when we dig out all the latex props and or when all of our new latex props show up.

Lastly, here are some overhead shots of he center of the attraction... again NOT DONE but coming along. The center of this trailer haunt is DECKED OUT with all sorts of cool stuff by next week this time it will be done then I will get some better photos.

Larry
                              Attached Files
                              Larry Kirchner
                              President

Comment

Working...
                              X