New Darkness Actors Room...Better Pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Darkness Actors Room...Better Pics

As you know I posted on here a while back about how we built a new actors room. It was always in the plans but neve got around to it before the Transworld show. Dealing with our horrid actors room and the total unorganization left me frustrated. So the day after the show I had the whole thing ripped out. One of the things that never dawned on me was we built this 3D haunted house but had no where for those actors to get ready. So those people had to get ready before the normal actors which slowed down everything.

Soooo.... we built an entirely new actors room from scratch. Where the costume use to all hang (closed room) is now the 3D actors room. So now the 3D actors can all get dressed together under blacklight. All the blacklight make up, costumes, masks everything are all together in one room.

The actors room is done in a way so that all the mummies for example are together all the stuff to make them mummies are together. All zombie type actors are together... blah, blah.

Here are some pictures of the actors room... you will see stuff hanging or masks up in a cove but that isn't how it will be. Its built but not organized for the season yet... we'll do that later on. Right now a lot of our stuff was just thrown back in there until we organize it for the season.

I think this was a wise investment and would be for all haunt owners if you don't already have a first class actors room. If this helps you organize, if this helps you keep track of where stuff is or what might be missing, or helps your actors get better prepared its worth every dime.

But anyway wanted to share how we built a new actors room.

Larry
    Attached Files
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Looks great for the actors!

Comment

Larry you spoil your actors. Make em get dressed in porta potties! Tee hee

Comment

Every time I see a Haunted house plan I ask where do the actors get ready and store their stuff? This is often forgotten and its good that you have it knocked out so it wont be an issue next season.
        Allen H
        www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
        http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Looks good Larry-shoot our actors don't even have a chair to sit in to get ready. LOL
          ~Bill Mlinac
          The Deadland Haunted House
          www.facebook.com/Deadlandhauntedhouse
          www.Thedeadland.comsigpic

Comment

looks great larry! cant wait to act there again.
            sigpic

Comment

Larry looks great! Hope I can use the new digs this season

"Accept that some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the statue."

Comment

Very lucky actors!
                They call me PhReAk for a reason...

Comment

Jealous!

I have STRUGGLED at every haunt about an adequate place to get ready and store stuff...
                  a good actor room can really get the ball rolling and get the actors ready to kick ass. Why does no one get that?
                  Do Vegan Zombies eat heads of lettuce?

Comment

Actors are normally an after thought. Many owners have a build it and they will come attitude toward them. Every thing else get done (hopefully) and the actors are added last minute. Even pros fall into this trap sometimes, it happened to Larry last Transworld. The Haunt was beautiful but no time to train actors. Also actors can think and fix some of their own problems, animatronics and sets cant, so squeaky wheels get more grease. Its an industry standard that is slowly changing.
                    Allen H
                    www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
                    http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Originally posted by Motograter View Post
                      Looks good Larry-shoot our actors don't even have a chair to sit in to get ready. LOL
                      We have plenty of chairs. The problem is no one will start getting ready until I start yelling. People better start getting ready on time this year so I can open up at the time I said I was going to open.
                      Jared Layman

Comment

That's great Larry! I'm a big believer in having nice, organized places for actors. I've acted at too many haunts that had just a port-a-potty or a curtained off section in the corner for changing and a tiny table for makeup.

Kudos for the great space!
                        Katie Lane
                        Partner/VP
                        Raven's Wolf Art Productions (www.ravens-wolf.com)
                        sigpic

Bansheette Morningstar (www.bansheette.com)

Comment

Larry,

What's the square footage of your actor room? Looks huge, well organized should mak a big difference for getting them ready.

Allan

Comment

Um its actually two different rooms. The clown room is roughly 12 feet by 16 feet. The main room is L shaped and its about 20 or so feet long and about 12 feet wide and there is another part that is roughly about 10 by 16 or so. Its not huge but it will hold about 20 people.

Larry
                            Larry Kirchner
                            President
                            www.HalloweenProductions.com
                            www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                            www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                            www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Working...
                            X