New Haunt Fire Retardant Questions? Tent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Haunt Fire Retardant Questions? Tent

We are about to run an event outdoors using tents and wanted to know what people have been doing concerning fire? Are tents fireproof? How about the walls etc? ANy help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Make sure the tent has a State of California Fire Marshal tag on it.
    This is prof that the tent is inherently flame resistant.
    All good tents have this tag and is accepted by all states.
    Gary
    Midnight Evil Productions
    www.MidnightEvil.com
    Owner/Operator of www.CoffinCreek.com/
    www.Twitter.com/CoffinCreek

Comment

Better read through the NFPA first, Haunted Houses in tents generally require sprinklers and the only exception is depending on the size of tent. I think it is currently 700 sq ft or less. You can argue for a variance, and they may consent. Some jurisdictions won't allow multiple tents connected either, they consider this one structure. It all depends on you Fire Marshall, your relationship, how persuasive you are. Don't forget the emerency lighting and announciator!

All real code issues..,

Matt
      Listen to them, Children of the night. Oh what music they make.

Comment

Here in the people's republic of Ohio, the official having jurisdiction (State building official) has the athority to give you a variance to the code, which would allow you to operate without a sprinkler, if you your tent or building is under a certain sq. footage. It used to be 5000 sq. ft. but I think they changed it to 10,000 sq. ft.

He doesnt have to give you a variance, but he can, and probably will if you make extra efforts elsware to ensure public safety.

Key word here is diplomacy.
        Good luck!
        www.haroldshaunt.com

Comment

Mike I thought it was more of a Czar or Supreme Leader kinda Fire Marshall!!
          Listen to them, Children of the night. Oh what music they make.

Comment

Working...
          X