Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michael Jackson Memorial Making Me Sick!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Take

I think where Noah was going with this or at least thats how I took it is the way the media is running crazy with all of this. I agree with Larry the man gave millions and I never thought for one minute he molested a child. I said this before and I will say it again had he fought the first time someone accused him instead of paying them off he would have not opened himself up to tons of law suits!

Back to the media thing. I do think that the media has went some what over board with this. We got thousands of men and women who have died since the war started and they never get this kind of attention. They are looking down the barrel of guns and tanks every day for us to have freedom. No they were not famous and more than likely they were not rich but what they have gave is their lives for us! Giving money is one thing giving ones life is totally something different

They too have left behind family and friends. To me they should be listed on every news outlet everyday! Just because someone is rich and famous does not mean they are any better than anyone else in this world. The media has made Michael Jackson out to be a God and thats a sin! God himself don't get this much attention. Again yes he was a great person and entertainer and a wonderful humanitarian but God hes not and he has never fought in a war.

I guess my outlook on it is what makes him any different than any of our service men and women who is risking their lives for us 24/7? Shane and its just as I see it. Shane this time!
    Last edited by graystone; 07-07-2009, 04:50 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

I find it really funny that the people that want to say negative stuff are the ones watching every minute and googling everything they can find not to mention are the 1st to jump up when Thriller plays at Halloween. lol really He was the most out there person but what he did for people was like no other person before him or after him. He was a true icon I am from small city in Canada and we even celebrated his life. I was actually in the works of doing a Zombie walk for breast cancer and have centered the hole event around a Thriller theme. MJ was the greatest entertainer of all time and now maby he can rest in peace with the other greats...

Comment

Larry, this thread started about media coverage, not about the man in general. Do I have anything against MJ? NO. Do I listen to his music? NO, I am a metal head, always was and always will be, Thats my choice just like your musical taste is yours. MJ maybe your hero and Im cool with that, but dont tell others who their heros should be.

Comment

You think this is bad? Imagine if the world had todays internet and media coverage back when Elvis died... it would have been ALOT worse and more insane. Also, disrespectful to who? Michael? Christians (meh)? Who? Think, the most popular entertainer in the history of the world dies... wouldn't you think the WORLD would want to take part in this?

I think the quote: "Michael Jackson was NOT a citizen of the United States, but a citizen of the WORLD!"... best describes this!

I don't think any of this is disrespectful... now, if they had charged an admission to this, it would have been! -Tyler
          Chris Riehl
          Sales@spookyfinder.com
          (586)209-6935
          www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

truly selfish

Come you guys give family the respect they deserve all i can say is if you dont like ,it god gave you the power of choice ,DONT WATCH IT AND FROM BEING A MARINE MYSELF i can say that today was for his kids and memorial day is for all those who have gone before but didnt make it and never get that confused dear , i bet you never served did you pumkin so you are just another one of those sitting in the safety of your home watching wishing that you had the guts to walk amongst our ranks but were too scared to step up to the plate thats ,ok though thats what we are for , and as for you even bringing up the the molestation thing the man was found not guilty how dare you say that on the day of a mans funeral truly a sad day give the proper respect to the deceased i am ashamed of you all today that disrespect the the dead, AND HIS FAMILY
            Last edited by FEAR ASYLUM; 07-07-2009, 07:37 PM.

Comment

He was a great performer, song writer and singer but not a God, this is idol worship. Also, he probably WAS guilty in the case where he paid millions to that family to get off, paying that much is all but saying he did it. If he didn't do it he would have fought it harder, he did it that time probably not the other.

He was a great entertainer but thats it. But I agree the same people who were calling for his head when he molested kids are watching every minute of this stuff.

Darkangel

Comment

I agree 1,000.00 percent with you larry he was one of the biggest fans of halloween and i would have loved to see a haunt that he did and i would buy your ticket anytime larry

Comment

Who said he's the greatest performer of all time? Why do you say that? Is he more of a performer than Elvis or Sinatra or dozens of others? Get off the MJ bandwagon. He was in a line of great performers and there will be more to come. Also how can you say he's done more for people than anyone before or after? Who knows who is to cme next. In the past, how about Jesus for one did he do less? How about the people who are not celebrities who actually moved to live amongst the poor in Africa, not visited but actually lived with them to offer medical care, of help them just to survive? No one talks of them Jackson donated money buy hell he had millions to do it so he should have. He was a compassionate person, but he was extrememly strange and bizarre, its interesting how so many have selective memories and only focus on certain things over others.

We lost a great performer and compassionate person, but he is no God and should not be treaded that way.

Darkangel

Comment

Haunted house
                    Last edited by FEAR ASYLUM; 07-07-2009, 07:30 PM.

Comment

Does anyone remember "innocent until PROVEN guilty"?

MJ was abused as a child, exploited practically his entire life, and became a recluse as a result. If he paid off an accuser, it was very likely to stay out of the public eye. We will never know. The celebrity children he hung out with have never accused him of any wrong-doing. Certainly, if they had, we would have heard about that. Celebrities have said over and over that you can't believe most of what's published by the media.

I saw Lisa Marie Presley say that their marriage broke up not because of any wrong-doing on his part, but because of the "vampires and leeches" that surrounded him and wouldn't leave them alone. She couldn't take it anymore, so she decided to leave. Unfortunately, he couldn't do the same. He chose another way out.

Give the guy a break! He did wonders for haunting, just by giving us Thriller alone, but he did so much more for us and the world. We should be giving him the respect he deserves and thanking him. I sincerely hope that he is now able to finally rest in peace.
                      They call me PhReAk for a reason...

Comment

well spoken phreak

Comment

Fear Asylum,

That was an incredibly rude thing to say to Jolly Pumpkin you should be ashamed to say you are a marine. Dont look down on people because they "don't have the guts" to serve thats bull why would you say that? Everyone who joins doesnt have guts and want to serve many join because they have no other options in life and use it as a springboard for a career and college not because they are so patriotic and have guts for all we know you probably didn't see action either and if you did then Thank you for your service but if you didn't, you could be another military person who "served" their country in an office and the first ones to expect special treatment and respect from civilians where the real soldiers who were in the trenches gettting shot at assimilate back into normal life asking for nothing.

Also, now you're saying I should burn at the stake? If you are a marine no wonder we can't beat a bunch of third world half starved Afghanis and Iraqis. Be more like your grandfather's generation those guy got the job done right.

Darkangel

Comment

Haunted house
                            Last edited by FEAR ASYLUM; 07-07-2009, 07:32 PM.

Comment

Dont use your foul mouth and poor upbringing towards me Fear Asylum. You dont know me or know what I look like, and I'm very grateful for yours and all soldiers duty. You talk of courage, I wish you had the courage to educate yourself and not speak in a childish manner I know enough to know that you didn't learn that in the Marines. I'm very patriotic, and have a certain respect for soldiers and how they should carry themselves, please work a little harder to live up to the few, and the proud, the marines slogan by proving you're just that instead of this sorry excuse of decency.

Darkangel

Comment

Haunted house
                                Last edited by FEAR ASYLUM; 07-07-2009, 07:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X