Bleeding Billboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bleeding Billboard

OK, who's going to be the first to adapt this to their haunt? It looks like it would be fairly easy to do, and with a glut of vacant billboards in many markets it probably wouldn't take much effort to convince a company to go along with the idea. Either that or put it on the side of your building.

http://babyboomeradvisorclub.com/bleeding-billboard/

This is friggin awesome, how cool would that look on a rainy evening!

Jackie
    Rotting Flesh Radio
    “Happiness is the sublime moment when you step out of your corset at the end of the night.”

“Actors love mental disorders, dialects, and corsets. Give them one of the three and they're happy.”

Comment

Not to be a naysayer.

While I truly think this is a compelling use of medium to relay this message, really creative brilliance. I see some irony in the method as well.

In that, something this creative, and for some, shocking, could cause a distraction to drivers. Compounded by the fact that it only activates when the roads are wet an ad like this could contribute to unsafe driving conditions.

The regs on moving objects in ads are stringent for a reason, so who knows, this may or may not be a good thing. We recently got a new digital billboard on I-65 and I caught myself timing the transitions, I think it was around 7 seconds, enough time that a driver doing within 10 mph of the speedlimit could see three revolutions. Brilliant for Clear Channel, maybe dangerous for drivers.

Granted, I'm a bit obsessive about safety, it used to be part of my job. I firmly believe cell phones and texting will eventually pull even with chemical influence in driving deaths. It's on the books that kids are burying themselves into the rear ends of semi's texting, and walking into traffic texting.

Sorry to the tangent. Plus on the other hand, that would be a kick a55 billboard when the nights get longer and colder!
      Last edited by Twin Locusts; 07-10-2009, 08:51 AM.

Comment

Kind of like from that Simpsons episode way back when. Looks tacky to me.
        Jared Layman

Comment

Its definitely an attention grabber thats for sure....

Darkangel

Comment

anyone know how it works yet? I assume it uses the rain water as a supply so theres no water hooked upto it. I wonder if you need to restock the blood pigment. It looks creepy as hell. Theres probably a good reason no one has done this in the usa yet
            I'm only doing this to impress 2 people ... The fire marshal and the customer that's it !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Twin Locusts View Post

Compounded by the fact that it only activates when the roads are wet an ad like this could contribute to unsafe driving conditions.
              My thinking was that you could use a tank and a pump so it works 24/7. I think the one in New Zealand only activated when it rained to draw attention to the fact that it was raining and more dangerous.

I have recently begun noticing animated billboards in my area. I live in California so if it's legal and considered safe here it should be legal and considered safe anywhere. If not, they never would have made it through the crowds of lawyers.

Comment

I love it im going to try to figure out a way for it to do that on our billboard
                5 years in the business and still ticking
                Ive been through HELL on Earth. What can you do?
                USSN

Comment

Working...
                X