Advertising Mentality(z)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advertising Mentality(z)

As I was driving this morning a small FM station not far from me informed the listening audience of two things, the first I can't understand , the second struck me as brilliant.
    If true, the announcer said the station is legally prohibited from saying the names of the NFL football teams or the name of the "Big Game" they all want to get in , unless it comes to them as a news story (from the NFL?)
    So "The Chicago Team" Would like to get to play in "the Big Game" (Bears, Super Bowl)
    If this is true, it sounds totally backwards and very stupid.
    The second thing , was a little girl saying ,"Please come and see our school musical, "The Stupid Little Kid's Musical". Brilliant! It really caught my attention and stuck with me.
    hauntedravensgrin.com

This sounds like the announcer has been told a fib by his boss at the radio station to not mention sports. So defiantly he puts this made up rule out there to gather listener support?

They have dudes that are on salary to talk about the game, be informed and even solicit press release information. This guy is stepping on their toes like a "union" mentality. I'm sure the NFL wants all the press good or bad they can get.

So in his segment of defiant syndrom, here is what is supposed to be important to my boss and it came of as brilliant. He would rather talk about the big game but, no one wants to hear what he has to say.

The bosses philosophy is that if the NFL wants air time, they need to pay for it, or have earth shattering news. Only the school gets a PSA.

It seems there are hours and hours and hours of sports talk on every station. Of course you and I are the only ones old enough to know these radios have an AM band.
    sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

No Greg, I am afraid that I am old enough to listen to AM as well. There are no bans no mentioning sports teams on the radio, unless, as Greg suggested, it came from the station itself.

As far as the school play, I like her take. It could backfire, but certainly an attention getter. I wonder if it worked in terms of selling tickets.

Dave
      Lords of Chaos, LLC
      House of Chaos Haunted Attraction

Comment

"..and some player with a number on his back just caught a pass thrown by some other guy with a blue helmet on. I don't know if it was being thrown by another wearer of a blue helmet or not?
        That one team is lining up near some white lines across the width of the field. They are all running now...it's total confusion down there, wait! A human dressed in skunk costume seems to be getting all the attention from everyone on and even standing next to the field."
        ??
        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

well for like 2 yrs now you need written consent to say the word superbowl on the air.its crazy but true and im in new orleans go saintsssss

Comment

Tonight at the school gymnasium and assemble hall will be our production of "Children with Issues" A delightfull expose of lower self asteem and degrading behavior for all to enjoy. Orange drink and cookies will be served at 6:15

And then Rich Hanf is the MC
            sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

That super-word may now have some magical powers, not to be taken lightly.
              "I weigh 780 pounds, I need a Super Bowl!, my last three bowls broke when I sat on them. At least I guess they broke? My side mirrors were fogged over right then as I backed up, my buttt was making those little beeping noises, it's supposed to do this when I'm backing up, and it does!"

Remember Monty Python's "Life Of Brian"? People getting stoned (as meaning rocks coming into contact with their bodys) for publically saying "Jehovah!"?
              "It's Jehovah in the Super Bowl!"
              The sky opens up and swallows us all.
              The waiter brings the bill: $6.66 tip not included.
              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

There it is, right there, the reason no one can use the "S" word unless an ordained sports announcer.
                sigpic

Comment

I think you can talk about it the Super Bowl you just can't......? Who are you guys? What the he// thats my
                  Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

Advertising confusion.....20 years ago a man here inherited a bunch of money and decided to open a restaurant, for some reason he decided to call it "RG's"....
                    I opened up Ravens Grin at the same time.
                    "RG's"...Ravens Grin, could be kind of confusing couldn't it have been?
                    His RG's closed after maybe 8 months, too bad, the owner is a very nice guy.
                    I thought it was very ironic the two RG's in one small town.
                    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
                    X