Chainsaws!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chainsaws!!!

These things are brutal. I had a simple gas chainsaw multiple years now and they scare the H-E-L-L out of people. if you take the muffler system off it makes them twice as loud and people freak!! If you guys know anything else that has this effect on people it would be cool to try this year with actors.
    I'LL SEE YOU... IN THE DARKNESS!!!
    lasvegashaunts.com

guns.

Actually I used to use a piece of metal, like length of weather stripping, I believe that's what it was. I would run by and slide it on the ground and cement walls to spark and get this chalk board-like screeching scrape sound.

-mciii

www.miguelcoronadoiii.com/gallery

Comment

thats a good idea. It made them jump?? may try that
      lasvegashaunts.com

Comment

Block of magnesium + asphalt = beanloads of sparks...
        http://www.bigscaryshow.com
        http://www.rabidbadger.org

Comment

whoa whoa whoa badger, PLEASE explain
          lasvegashaunts.com

Comment

Anything Can Be Frightening.

If you want to take the time to set it up first. I scared a woman by hanging a piece of (un-used) toilet paper from a hook above her head. She was coming here almost every week all winter long with her boyfriend (a 90 mile drive one-way, quite the "Fans"!) so she thought that she "knew" everything.
            The toilt paper happened to be just the right length so it lightly brushed across the top of her head.
            She screamed as if someone was sawing the top of her head off with a rusty pocket knife! Some FUN!
            I also set people up for a chainsaw attack..then my chainsaw attacks ..after a few other things happen..everyone lives happilly ever after.
            One season a haunt in a major market stole my chainsaw routine. I found out the old fashioned way, customers told me!
            I know the credits pass by too quickly at the end of the haunt to read my name there......
            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

yea we would hang sewing thread like 4-5 inches apart and if it was somewhat dark or foggy they wouldnt see it and it would hang and bruch against their face and hair. felt like bugs. everyone loved it very good effect
              lasvegashaunts.com

Comment

anybody got anything else??
                lasvegashaunts.com

Comment

The best scares I had with a chainsaw were last year, which was actually my first time using a chainsaw. If you've never used one, Its very heavy and you will get tired easily. nonetheless it was amazing.

My room was themed as "Toxic Clowns". We had spray painted barrels with words like 'Cotton Candy', 'Popcorn', 'sulfuric acid' and other stuff. We also hung body parts around. The biggest part was that it was UV reactive, and I used UV Reactive makeup to add to it. If you guys want i can dig up pics of me.

Anywho, my room had a t shaped design so that whe you turned, there was a corner that was perfect for hiding with the saw. I would fire it when I saw them turn the corner, and just roared into life. I would crouch down right next to the exit door of my room and just wag my finger to come through. I would look for the one who was most scared, and pounced. I "gently" slammed the chainsaw against the wall in front of them. It cornered the person against the wall, and gave me all the time in the world to fuck with them.

After my room, was a pitch black hallway. I would kill the saw, but followed the end of the group. i'd wait a few seconds and roar it up again, and lash out again. this was inside a giant wharehouse, so the floor was a semi-smooth concrete. this allowed me to scrap the blade of the saw on the ground, and it shot up sparks. This was a 94% garauntee scream moment. Definatly my favorite was that When lights out was called, All of the actors began slamming the walls, screaming and roaring for their victims. I would fire up the saw and move through the haunt. I could hear customers that were waiting to get in (part of the line was inside of the building) were saying to each other "Holy shit dude did you hear a chainsaw or something" "I seriously cannot handle chainsaws" and other things as well.

Comment

We use a circular saw with the blade removed , the scene is a human butcher shop. The saw is old so it's louder than it should be . The butcher will be cutting an arm when the patrons walk in , as they pass him he lunges at them . Works like a charm every time.

Comment

In My Front Room..

I have complete control of the light(or is that the dark?), they are sitting on the sofas and chairs, I creep up infront of them, lean forward in the dark, snap on the little flashlight under my chin and make the smallest, slightest little squeak-sound as I open my mouth.
                      This all probably sounds really stupid, but it is totally strange, unexpected and the screams are real and highly laughable a second or two later.
                      Keep this in mind:"It's all experimental!" From one customer or group to the next and finding out what gets them is where all of the fun is.
                      Late last night three people, two of them haunt workers came here , the one said he has now been here 5 times and last night was the most fun and the best time that he has ever had here!
                      I was ad-libbing alot in the front room and being pretty outrageous for them.
                      It was an adult show, never like the child's shows in the afternoons. (Sat. & Sun.)
                      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Originally posted by El Diablo View Post
                        We use a circular saw with the blade removed , the scene is a human butcher shop. The saw is old so it's louder than it should be . The butcher will be cutting an arm when the patrons walk in , as they pass him he lunges at them . Works like a charm every time.
                        Did you have anything for a blade? I am interested i hearing more about this! What would you use to look like meat (body parts) you were cutting up?
                        Denver Haunted Houses

Comment

Point Of Intrest..

I happened to see a u-tube video of a woman running a 1949 Mall chainsaw, it cut real nicely but it's engine just basically went "Put" Put" "Put", not the high,quick scream of a more modern saw, yet it still seemed to cut very efficiently.
                          Wouldn't internal parts last alot long if they can do the same job yet could move at a slower speed?
                          Some old stuff WAS figured out rather well.
                          Maybe the really serious smart killers use quiet, older chainsaws so the neighbors don't pay attention to what's in the garbage cans?
                          I have some unusual plans for my 1949 Mall saw and I have a good part of the work done....
                          ..no pictures yet.
                          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

we dont use chainsaws in our haunt and that is something i am happy about because i know so many people who have been hurt by an actor not properly trained to use a chainsaw - i agree tho that the noise is the most affective part- i know that somewhere they use a jacked up leaf blower because its still loud but cant catch peoples hair and cloths the same way

Comment

Leaf Blowers..

So you say some haunts use leaf blowers to make noise and lift skirts? The time it would take to make sure all the customers had their goggles on right might ruin the surprise of the effect, wouldn't it?
                              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
                              X