Looking for rubber nails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for rubber nails

I am making a "nail-bat" almost like the one is saw II. In this video at 1:30 he shows a wooden bat with rubber nails. I really need to find about 10 of these things. Any help would be good!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_888OLACCU
    I'LL SEE YOU... IN THE DARKNESS!!!
    lasvegashaunts.com

Well... if you can't find any rubber nails you could try making some your own. You could take some foam backer rod in a small diameter and cut it to the size of nail you want and coat it in some latex. how are you making the bat. I have actually though of doing this before myself.

Comment

Not a bad idea. i found i nice old bat at a thrift store around the corner for $2. so i thought about just making the real deal but was like "well if im running with it it may clip my ankle or something and i dont want to lose flesh." so i decided on rubber lol if you are going to make one drill pilot holes first so you dont crack the bat
      lasvegashaunts.com

Comment

Ya, my idea was to actually take a foam bat like the ones you can get at walmart. they are usually pretty stiff and are multi colored. And the nmy plan was to glue the foam backer rod nails on to it and cover the entire thing in latex. I don't know if I am going to do this anyway because I am changing my character. I have had many character changes this year lol, still trying to find the right mask.

Comment

go with prothstetics. looks waaayyyy better!! im a clown.... obviously
          lasvegashaunts.com

Comment

Well I am actually into silicone masks. I am not really into the makeup stuff, though I do like some prosthetics. If I were to ever use one I would probably make a sock mask, that way I can just slip it over my head. That is why I like masks, they're quick. It is just that latex masks can't move with your mouth and they aren't as comfortable. That is why we have silicone

Comment

like SPFX masks? are there ANY cheap ones that do the job? do you have a yahoo?
              lasvegashaunts.com

Comment

Ya I got a yahoo account. pm sent

Comment

Are you looking for something like this?

Kip at Pale Night Productions made this one.

"Accept that some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the statue."

Comment

more like this:

(second one down)

http://www.thehorrormuseum.com/saw2.htm
                    lasvegashaunts.com

Comment

ok, this may be TMI but all good ideas DO come when your on the toilet lol *(sorry)* so, i was sitting there and thinking about this nail-bat. I have a safe solution to using real nails. HOT GLUE STICKS!!!http://www.mossfoam.com/images/HotGlueSticks.jpg i experimented on one, i cut the end to a point, spray painted it a glossy gray, and viola!! a safe nail. so now i gotta drill 1/2 in. holes into the bat, insert the 9 "nails" glue em in, splatter some blood and post pictures on here!! just may work. any other suggestions?
                      lasvegashaunts.com

Comment

on the DVD

If you watch the "making of? on the DVD they explain how they made the bat. What its made from. They made a bunch before they got the one they wanted. If you go to target or any video place this saw should be like 5 bucks, If you dont have it already.

They used glue sticks for some drill tips... Great minds!!

I hope this helped.

Peter T
                        FS
                        Fables Studios
                        Your Home For Horror

www.FablesStudios.com
                        https://www.facebook.com/FablesStudios

Comment

ok...

I just noticed you have that on your first post. Sorry.

You can press real nails into a mold. Let the mold dry. Then fill mold with whatever you want. Latex, silicon ect. a little paint you should be good. I would use a plastic bat (Painted) to keep the weight down in case it bumps someone.

You can wrap one with (fake)barbed wire too.

hope this helped.

Peter T
                          FS
                          Fables Studios
                          Your Home For Horror

www.FablesStudios.com
                          https://www.facebook.com/FablesStudios

Comment

hmmm......where can i find the best looking blood for this prop?
                            lasvegashaunts.com

Comment

I just happened to be making some silicon molds last night, when I saw this post, so I threw some nails in with all the other spikes and things I was molding, guess I will have rubber nails for sale shortly.
                              Brian Warner
                              Owner of Evilusions www.EVILUSIONS.com
                              Technical Director of Forsaken Haunted House www.Forsakenhaunt.com
                              Mechanical Designer (animatronics) at Gore Galore www.Gore-Galore.com

Comment

Working...
                              X