Not very happy with SPFX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not very happy with SPFX

I ordered a Zombie mask on April 2nd giving him instant cash using PayPal. He told me over the phone I will get it in 2 weeks from date of purchase. It is now July 16th and I still have no mask. I have contacted Rusty a number of times in June and July and I keep getting told., "I'm shipping it out tomorrow! I'm shipping it out tomorrow!" This is starting to get on my nerves. He has my $615.00 for a mask and I'm getting played around with. I understand it takes a little time to make a mask but I don't like getting lied to. I totally recommend buying from CFX masks if you want a silicone mask.

BILL MLINAC
    ~Bill Mlinac
    The Deadland Haunted House
    www.facebook.com/Deadlandhauntedhouse
    www.Thedeadland.comsigpic

I heard the exact same story from someone else on another forum...

That sucks man, I hope you get it at least in time to use it for this season.
    Let us know how this ends up.
    Zach Wiechmann
    www.frontyardfright.com

Comment

Originally posted by Front Yard Fright View Post
      I heard the exact same story from someone else on another forum...

That sucks man, I hope you get it at least in time to use it for this season.
      Let us know how this ends up.
      Saw that one too.

You'd think a company with products as expensive at their's they would have to run their business a little better than that to make a sale.

From what I've seen it looks like they make their masks in batches and after making x number of masks they move on to a different mask. Not trying to make excuses for them just pointing out an observation.

Have you tried posting on their forum www.fxmasks.com?

I bought one last year, got mine early, but from what I'm hearing that doesn't happen often. It is a great mask and in my opinion worth the money. The waiting and not knowing sucks though.
      Every job is a self-portrait of the person who did it… Autograph your work with excellence!

Comment

Bill

This is unacceptable. Dispute the charge with your credit card company and paypal. By their own rules the merchant is required to deliver your item in a timely manner. It seems this is apparently the case. Then call Ken and Wes at CFX! Shane and its tell them Shane sent ya! This time!
        Last edited by graystone; 07-17-2009, 07:07 AM.
        sigpic

Comment

I don't know anything about SPFX masks so I can't speak for them but I HIGHLY recommend CFX masks. Last year I ordered a mask and they told me two weeks, then they had to shut down for that hurricane and I STILL got the mask within 2 weeks. Great company.
          Jared Layman

Comment

Originally posted by graystone View Post
            This is unacceptable. Dispute the charge with your credit card company and paypal. By their own rules the merchant is required to deliver your item in a timely manner. It seems this is apparently the case. Then call Ken and Wes at CFX! Shane and its tell them Shane sent ya! This time!
            I tried a couple days ago with Paypal. I filed a compliant but it didn't go through because you can only file within 45 days of purchase. Which sucks. When I called Rusty 2 weeks ago he was just telling me how much he hates his new apple Iphone and how living in California sucks! Just trying to get off the subject of my mask.
            ~Bill Mlinac

Comment

Originally posted by mindtumor View Post
              I don't know anything about SPFX masks so I can't speak for them but I HIGHLY recommend CFX masks. Last year I ordered a mask and they told me two weeks, then they had to shut down for that hurricane and I STILL got the mask within 2 weeks. Great company.
              How does the CFX compare to the SPFX? I have a SPFX zombie and the fit/quality is great. The CFX looks like the eyeholes are opened up more than necessary, but I'm sure a little makeup would fix that.

Is there reinforcement in the silicone around the mask openings to help prevent tearing? I was amazed at the thickness of the SPFX, is the CFX the same?
              Every job is a self-portrait of the person who did it… Autograph your work with excellence!

Comment

same mask issue

I ran into the same issue with http://www.halloween-mask.com/ DO NOT BUY FROM HIM. Sent me the wrong mask twice. he said it was the warehouse's fault and I should contact them. I said no its your store you fix the problem. I ended up getting my money back. But what a pain in the A$$.

Never again..!!!

Peter Tomeczko
                FS
                Fables Studios
                Your Home For Horror

www.FablesStudios.com
                https://www.facebook.com/FablesStudios

Comment

Well it's July 23rd now and still no mask. We have tried calling him yesterday and the day before and it just goes to his voice mail which tells us that his inbox is full and we can leave a message. GRRRRRRRR!
                  ~Bill Mlinac

Comment

Have you tried posting on their forum www.fxmasks.com?

Maybe if they see a negative thread on their forum where potential buyers are reading info they'll get moving on your mask or refund.

Comment

I saw somewhere that it only takes him 2 days to make a mask like I guess after the mold is complete...

Comment

It never would have went to any forum if the guy had just told Bill "I will have the mask done by October". Instead he told him "I just pulled one out of the mold and am painting it, I will send it to you in two weeks". That was the beginning of April. Most of the time people are reasonable so even if something came up alls he had to do was say something. At least refund our money so we can get a different mask if you can't get it done. We would be fine if he would just say hey I might not get it done for awhile.
                        Jared Layman

Comment

Well that doesn't make sense if it only takes 2 days to make a mask. I hope Bill gets his mask or at least gets a refund.

Comment

It has arrived! after 4 months and 22 days
                            Attached Files
                            ~Bill Mlinac

Comment

Well I'm glad you finally got it! It looks great!
                              Zach Wiechmann
                              www.frontyardfright.com

Comment

Working...
                              X