Only in NYC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only in NYC

This is the first time I've seen people talk to strangers on the subway.

I just saw how old this clip is, so it's a likely dupe post. [Barbie, Oops, dupe here means duplicate, as in I figured it'd already been posted here. :]]
    Last edited by Twin Locusts; 07-16-2009, 08:31 PM.

It may be a few years old, but by the people's reactions, I think it was real. Interesting - a glimpse into a NYC subway.

BarbieHaunt
    Friends Sold Separately
    (You Too Can Be Sold -
    Just Join Our Friends List!
    Obviously Kidding About Being Sold)

Actually, as explained previously in a thread we started, the silly name BarbieHaunt has absolutely nothing to do with Barbie dolls but was our private joke name because before the haunt's pink and blue styrofoam walls are hard coated and painted, it reminds us of a Barbie Dream Haunt.

Comment

I love that one black dude that says, "now she's scary" as the japanese horror chick goes by. He's a New Yorker; he has his bag strapped over his head on the opposite shoulder.

Comment

You're right that I misunderstood and thought your "dupe" meant "hoax."

I just watched the video again, more closely this time, and saw the way that some people acted a bit leery and also saw the bags strapped across the bodies. But there was certainly a lot of interaction among lots of people, which I've heard is just about non-existant on the subways.

BarbieHaunt
        Friends Sold Separately
        (You Too Can Be Sold -

Actually, as explained previously in a thread we started, the silly name BarbieHaunt has absolutely nothing to do with Barbie dolls but was our private joke name because before the haunt's pink and blue styrofoam walls are hard coated and painted, it reminds us of a Barbie Dream Haunt.

Comment

That was awesome... and pretty funny.

- Ryan

Blood Lake Haunted House & Haunts of Richmond Ghost Tours
          www.bloodlakeva.com www.hauntsofrichmond.com
          Located in Richmond, VA

Comment

Originally posted by BarbieHaunt View Post
            You're right that I misunderstood and thought your "dupe" meant "hoax."

I just watched the video again, more closely this time, and saw the way that some people acted a bit leery and also saw the bags strapped across the bodies. But there was certainly a lot of interaction among lots of people, which I've heard is just about non-existant on the subways.

Yeah, I've never had any issue with the subway, day or night. But people do not speak or acknowledge each other, it's just not part of what it is.

There are so many actors and artists in NYC that these kinds of troupes are everywhere. They do impromptu and performance artworks all over the city. There's almost always a few musicians on the platforms which is nice, and the stations have unique tile work to see.

The city's not ominous and foreboding; as long as you stay out of the Bronx and Queens, it's like crossing the street; you just have to pay attention when you're out. The only thing I wouldn't do there is walk around with small kids, there's just too many ways to get hurt.

Comment

Funny that you posted this! A friend & I drove by the main MARTA station in Atl. last night & commented on how awesome a subway train haunt would be!!!
              I'd totally forgotten about improv.. Check out their website for more funnies:

http://improveverywhere.com/

We should totally stage our own ..
              missjayne
              Netherworld Haunted Attractions
              http://www.fearworld.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Banshee View Post
                Funny that you posted this! A friend & I drove by the main MARTA station in Atl. last night & commented on how awesome a subway train haunt would be!!!
                I'd totally forgotten about improv.. Check out their website for more funnies:

http://improveverywhere.com/

We should totally stage our own ..
                Yeah, a little sidewalk haunt would be easy to pull off at a convention, everything's ready made. Be a way to scare up some exposure, just have to play it straight, no menacing or touching - also have to be at sidewalk rush hour when people have to walk by. Very few cities have significant foot traffic in the urban core, save spurts before 8 and after 5.

Comment

Sounds like you are both onto a great marketing idea! But from reading your posts, it sounds like you're in NYC and Atlanta, and I'm off in a distant fog. Oh, well.

BarbieHaunt
                  Friends Sold Separately
                  (You Too Can Be Sold -

Comment

That was very cool and enlightening!
                    They call me PhReAk for a reason...

Comment

Working...
                    X