• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R.I.P. Top LA Haunter Bob Koritzke

Reprinted from "Hollywood Gothique".

Spooky House owner Bob Koritzki passes away

By Steve Biodrowski • July 6, 2009

sad pumpkin Just received some sad news: Bob Koritzki - chief owner of Spooky House, Old Town Haunt, Seaside Haunt, and Skull Kingdom- passed away over the 4th of July weekend, apparently of a heart attack. This is a blow for fans of Halloween in Los Angeles; Mr. Koritzki’s popular haunted house attractions were some of the best, in some cases rivaling the big guns at Knott’s Scary Farm and Universal’s Halloween Horror Nights. I met Bob only once or twice in person - most of our exchanges were via email - but he seemed way too young for something like this to happen. Our thoughts and prayers go out to his friends and family on this tragic occasion.

I knew Bob... haven't seen him at the most recent haunt shows but in the past I have seen him. This is terrible news. Bob couldn't have been that old ... how old was he?

What will happen to his haunts? Sorry to hear this news. Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

No Idea on the fate of his haunts. Spooky house was still one of the best and biggest on the west coast. I'm guessing Bob was in his forties so this came as a shock to all of us who knew him. I think he leaves behind a wife and two children.

Comment

Working...
      X