Customer Surveys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customer Surveys

Does anyone know if a "national" survery was ever conducted from haunted house guests asking what they look for in a haunted house, and what scares them? If so where could I find it.

thanks!

Sean
    www.dewaneasylum.com
    Sean De Wane
    ----------------------------------------------
    The De Wane Asylum
    www.dewaneasylum.com

I think about the only way a "National Survey" would help anyone's individual business is if it was done by age and you had a majority of customers within that same age group.
    I really believe that a 14 year old is looking for a much different experience than a 20 year old is seeking.
    By 35 control is a major issue in their life and enjoying a haunted house is in large being out of control and trusting someone else.
    Reginal differences and expectations may also play a part in any survey.
    Can we really trust something like a survey ?
    I don't know.
    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

You got a point Jim. What I was basicly looking for was in our socity what are common phobias which could be incorporated into a haunt such as Spiders, clowns, darkness ect... I figured if one phobia is more common then another one could focus more on that in their haunt.
      Sean De Wane
      ----------------------------------------------
      The De Wane Asylum
      www.dewaneasylum.com

Comment

WELL

I can tell you what they want.......

Blackness
        The spinning thing with the lights
        Fog

That is it

We have polled people for 4 years straight
        That is what they want

Darker...longer.....spinning things

I could do a whole haunt with black walls...votex tunnels...and fog
        I would be a millionaire, people would come from miles away

Or the 13 story deal...that is the other one that everyone wants
        Gee could it get any better than this?

Comment

Interesting Ken, because I have been involved with two haunts that were similar to what you are describing. Mostly darkness, fog, etc., and they got a lot of complaints about being just "people jumping out in the dark."

I have always that that the judicious use of dark was effective, but that overusing it was boring.

Just me.

Dave
          Lords of Chaos, LLC
          House of Chaos Haunted Attraction

Comment

lol 13 story haunt. Last season my gang and I visited a haunt in GreenBay, Shawano Manor. As we are waiting for a few of our group to finish using the potty, a girl and I struck up a converstaion. She asked where we were all from and I tell her froma haunted house in Oshkosh so she asks if we are the 13 story one there. I decide to mess with her and say yes we are. She says she loved our place and it was so cool!! She says she almost made it all the way and I start asking her crazy questions like did you like the huge swamp scene and the Creature from The Black Lagoon, I ask her if she liked the midget with the chain saw, if she liked the Vampire with the 3 breasts, crazy stuff like that and she answers yes to all of em!! meanwhile my cast is just dying behind me. So I invite her to come back out to the same location the next weekend because we are gonna have free Jello Shots if she can make it all the way through!! Sometimes its fun to mess with people, ya know??????
            www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

Comment

AHH

A Dave?
              I was joking kind of.

Our haunt is anything but black walls fog and a black hole

BUT for the 4-5 years we have done exit polls....these are the things customers remember.......

Comment

What they want....

You left out two things Ken...

..That guy that jumped out..

and

..The Chainsaw!

So after listening very carefully we spend months of our time and untold $$$ working on minute details most of them never care about.

It is a form of insanity I think.

Ben
                NETHERWORLD
                Ben Armstrong
                NETHERWORLD HAUNTED HOUSE
                www.Fearworld.com
                www.NetherworldNetwork.com

Comment

They don't notice the detail?
                  Did you remember to turn up the lights?
                  Walk them s l o w e r through?
                  Then they return a week later and tell me all about the "new" stuff (that they didn't notice the last time!!
                  Then they say this about something here that has been hanging on the wall or standing in the corner for 10 years!!?
                  hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

C'mon, Jim. Owners move patrons through "slowly"? People are way too concerned about throughput to do something like that! :roll:
                    Happy Haunting,

Adam Drendel
                    Webmaster of http://www.HauntedIllinois.com

Visit us on Facebook for the latest updates! http://www.facebook.com/pages/Haunte...m/225595667213

Comment

But, the customers are concerned about getting something for the time and money spent! If their concerns are totally ignored..they might not return.
                      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Good point, Jim. Kinda makes you wonder why so many people on here are so focused on throughput. LOL. From a customer's perspective I would much rather come back to an event that entertained me, as opposed to one that just rushed me through!
                        Happy Haunting,

Adam Drendel
                        Webmaster of http://www.HauntedIllinois.com

Visit us on Facebook for the latest updates! http://www.facebook.com/pages/Haunte...m/225595667213

Comment

I have some customers who come here every year, some only come once every couple of years,most of them have to drive a few hours to arrive here . I could still use a few more customers every year, I'm not busy every night, all night long....so maybe I put more personal effort into each tour experience.
                          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Adam

Throughput????

Sure we screwed ourselves on that 3 years ago when we rebuilt Dream Reapers. We can't go faster....It is amazing how long people wait to get in though.

DAMN ELEVATOR they are great things but placement placement placement.

Comment

How far do most haunt patrons drive to experience the show we put on?
                              How many of them would limit their driving distance in direct proportion to the entertainment that was waiting for them at the end of their drive?
                              I sure could be wrong, but I don't think that I would have much business here at all if this tour was a 10 or 15 minute event.
                              In season I work very hard to only give a 10 to a 15 minute front room routine, it is hard for me to do because it does take time and pauses between words and sentences to communicate with human, listening ears.
                              On the other side of this I have also been known to finally say (when people don't seem carable of listening to anything I am saying)"The following portion of the tour will now be conducted in a language known only to me!"
                              "Dooby wha wha mumbly kasa dee do , ipsnay crinklefert bunky combunker! La la wee snicker hunklewise funkblunkker import ta."
                              "Would you mind repeating that?"
                              "That!"
                              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
                              X