Customer Surveys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Throughput

This is a real problem! If you run a good show in a well populated area eventually you will be buried in people on certain nights. You have just a few choices:

1) Sell out the show (Bad choice, people travel a long way and get very mad if they cannot get in. Plus they would still have to wait, some of them all night until their turn)

2) Long Lines (You had better be using a golden chainsaw if you make them wait 3 hours. Sometimes you have huge lines even IF you move the show fast. The only difference is in a 3 hour wait hundreds or thousands left disappointed because they couldn't get in)

3) Move the show faster ( It not always fun to be packed in with everyone in the world, but look at the options)

No real good answers. The only thing to do really is be open MORE days, that way the people who want the place to themselves can come on a Tuesday. And on those mega-busy nights try to get them through as best you can. People who drive in rush hour traffic or shop the day before Christmas are in for a similar situation at a popular Haunt the weekend before Halloween.

Its not greedy owners trying to screw guests out of a good experience - It is the fate of all good Haunts in good locations. Eventually too many people will come.

As far as making money goes - It costs a lot more money to entertain a lot of people, bigger sets = more rent, more actors = more payroll, more effects = more cost.

And a big haunt needs those crowds to survive. Kens show has huge rent - Dreamreapers needs major crowds now to pay the bills. If they slow the amount of people going through their show because a few people on message boards complained that there were too many people in the Haunt, it might just take away the profit that will let them continue to operate.

And lets not forget that Haunt owners put their lives and other jobs on hold to create these events. They need to make some money at the end of the day, especially those who quit jobs and go full time to bring you these shows.

What I am saying is this - Good Haunts WANT to do the best show that they can, and will deal with big crowds as BEST they can.

Its not greed but just reality that creates a crowded haunted house.

IMO

Thanks!

Ben Armstrong
    NETHERWORLD
    Ben Armstrong
    NETHERWORLD HAUNTED HOUSE
    www.Fearworld.com
    www.NetherworldNetwork.com

Comment

I like to indulge myself in the thinking that everyone is doing the best that they can with what they have to work with, time, money, talents, ambition.
      This is why I really do feel bad when my customers complain about crappy times that they have had in other haunted attractions, but then most people have never had first-hand involvement in trying to even do such a thing?
      Then there's the "kid" who has never had to yet figure out many things in his life and make them come to pass and thinks all haunts should all be million dollar horror movie sets.
      There is hope, though, someday most of these "kids" will discover the reality in life of work and struggle in their endeavors.
      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

As always Ben, what you say should be gospel! We would love to let our customers take as long as they want in the haunt, BUT, everyone else in line wouldn't. We already have 2-3 hour waits the last weekend or two, and that's with 6 diffrent lines. I couldn't imagine how long it would be if we had one line for all our customers.
        Brian Warner
        Owner of Evilusions www.EVILUSIONS.com
        Technical Director of Forsaken Haunted House www.Forsakenhaunt.com
        Mechanical Designer (animatronics) at Gore Galore www.Gore-Galore.com

Comment

I stand up on the soapbox and tell the people waiting in line (and getting antsie) that entertainment takes time and instead of being rushed through when it's their turn, they will be in the house making others wait like they are, or something like that?
          They all seemed to be listening (since I don't stand up publically and do this very often) they would knod, tip their heads sideways and get a resolved look on their face and accept the wait, fate? (because it seems like it might be worth waiting for!!)
          Communicating can do wonders sometimes.
          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
          X