Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• from set to the next

well, i have another thing to ask...

I've been thinking how to constuct a pathway for an out door haunt. What do you recomend using. Something besides cornfeilds? What can I use that is cheap but not tacky? Any recomendations I would be greatful for.
    it's ok... the dark has many faces you can't see..

What I use isn't necessarily cheap, but it works fantastic. I make 4'x8' frames using 2x4s spacing them every 16". Then, I put 1/2 inch OSB over top. It gives you a nice solid floor, and something to screw your walls into.

Otherwise, what we did our first year was us pallets to put our props/set items on and then filled in the rest of the space with wood mulch. It worked out great, but we had a bunch of mulch left over after Halloween!
    Zach Wiechmann
    www.frontyardfright.com

Comment

i like more traction

Plywood is very slippery when wet(and smootrh)
      I use small gravel.. from the edges of the road. If i don't take it the city streetsweeper does and they do nothing with it, so it has some cigerette butts in the mix?
      This summer I have started hand mixing and pouring cement for parts of my outdoor walk way, it is nice.
      $3.14 for an 80 pound bag at Homely depot, it takes quite a few to pour it 3-4 inches thick so it does not just break right away. This concrete work also serves as the first "roof" above the wine cellar, angled to shed alot of rain away from the room so it serves two purposes.
      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Talk to a few fence companies in your area and get them to give you their old fence panels, they are free and make great walls for an out door show. As for the path way I like to use a grass seed spreader and spread white portland cement so they can see where to go, then they can easily see the path way even in dim lights. If you can find and afford it, yellow mulch works well too, but not to thick as it gets hard to walk on.
        Allen H
        www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
        http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Working...
        X