Any vampire plans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any vampire plans?

With the popularity of Twilight and True Blood I was just wondering if anyone is making any plans for new vampire characters or sets in their haunts.

Vampires are very hard to do right. I plan on having a heavy gothic show next year (gothic renaissance, not Victorian) And I plan on using vampires in it. I think when a show is going to use vampires they need to go over the top with it. Fear of vampires is a hard sell in todays world, its almost like people see worse than them on each nights news.
    Allen H
    www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

We've been doing Vampires since 2001 before they got this popular, and they scare them just as effectively as ANY other monster or creature trust me! You have to understand how to use them, make sure their environment is appropriate to the character.

Allan

Comment

Agreed,
        part of what I meant by over the top is really tying them into their sets. also dofferent parts of the country react differently to different things. Things that work in TX do not work as effectively in MA, and vise versa.
        Allen H
        www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
        http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

We had a maze based off the opening scenes in Blade last year. It had mixed reviews as a new haunt area but it's moving to a better area in the park and with returning actors should be much more effective this season.

I hung out there as a floating character a lot last year because it was a fun place to scare. I will probably do the same this year.
          http://www.bigscaryshow.com
          http://www.rabidbadger.org

Comment

I personally am into the more monstrous vampires, but I agree the set needs to be just right. What I have honestly never liked is the rave party things with vampires in it. I think those are kind of dumb, and I have seen a couple haunts do that.

Comment

Yep, working on a new vamp now. Something a little more original, I guess, than the norm. More "monstrous" as scarygoat put it.

Comment

Our 2009 main show Theme is vampires. Here is another shot of our new icon.. not the final image but it shows the costume more...

Ben Armstrong
                NETHERWORLD HAUNTED HOUSE
                www.Fearworld.com
                www.NetherworldNetwork.com

Comment

Thst's so cool, it reminds me of Allan's House of the Vampires haunt he always has armored up and vampire characters like that! Did you guys make that mask?

Darkangel
                  Last edited by Darkangel; 07-22-2009, 07:34 AM.

Comment

Ben

That is a very nice costume, did you guys hand make the entire thing?
                    Jared Layman

Comment

Vamp it up!

Two years ago we did a vampire scene with large almost boulder type rocks like the black forest type deal, we had manniquins all over and a few live actors thrown in crawling on the rocks and we also had a mausoleam that a vampire would slide out of a top box and swoop down on the visitors below. Very fun scene to work.

Jackie

p.s. Anyone doing anything special for the New Moon movie coming out? Someone in our acting troupe made vampire bite prosthetics with the words "Bite Me" carved below them and i think he plans to be at the theatre opening night and sell them and do vampire makeup...could be a good money maker for anyone who knows the barest amount of SFX
                      “Happiness is the sublime moment when you step out of your corset at the end of the night.”

“Actors love mental disorders, dialects, and corsets. Give them one of the three and they're happy.”

Comment

The costume is custom for NETHERWORLD. The head was sculpted by Bill "Splat" Johnson, the hands by Matt Silva, and the costume was made by Jayne Rogers who is on this forum as Banshee.

Thanks!
                        Ben Armstrong
                        NETHERWORLD HAUNTED HOUSE
                        www.Fearworld.com
                        www.NetherworldNetwork.com

Comment

Looks fantastic Ben, he would be right at home in my House of the Vampyres Haunt!

Thanks Darkangel! BTW, I got your email I'll respond to it by tomorrow.

Allan

Comment

Working...
                          X